Home Page
 OTG

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Official fire AV thread
[Frozen]

Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [35 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
Frozen    Rangers -> Winter Is ComingMessage format

itsmcilrathtime
Posted 2016-10-11 4:08 AM (#664278)
Subject: Official fire AV thread

Scorer

Alright. I've had enough with this soft, french Canadian pansy. Now wanting to trade McIlrath which will guarantee Glass back in the lineup at one point. This guy has turned into a mental midget. Our team defense reflects his idiotic thinking. He's lost touch with reality. The team was incredibly soft in front of our net last year as Hank got throttled. Now, he wants to make it even softer in front of our net. He has to go.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
robstones
Posted 2016-10-11 6:02 AM (#664280 - in reply to #664278)
Subject: Re: Official fire AV thread

Legend

Larry Brooks wants to trade McIlrath... not AV
Steady Eddie
Posted 2016-10-11 6:35 AM (#664281 - in reply to #664278)

MVP

Girardi-McDonagh
Klein-Staal

If he has Girardi and Staal playing top 4 minutes... yeah, I want him fired too.

Av-merican
Posted 2016-10-11 3:08 PM (#664291 - in reply to #664281)

All-Star

Steady Eddie - 2016-10-11 7:35 AM

Girardi-McDonagh
Klein-Staal

If he has Girardi and Staal playing top 4 minutes... yeah, I want him fired too.

Does he really have a choice though?
Mandar
Posted 2016-10-11 3:39 PM (#664293 - in reply to #664291)

MVP

Av-merican - 2016-10-11 5:08 PM

Girardi-McDonagh
Klein-Staal

By the way...I have no idea why the OP wants you fired Av. Personally, I like your perspective on things.

PV29
Posted 2016-10-11 5:39 PM (#664295 - in reply to #664278)

I wanted AV gone at the end of last season. His time here has run its course already. His teams get out worked along the boards and pushed to the perimeter with the puck on a consistent basis.

Trading McIlrath? I predicted it last season. We'll watch another disaster where AV plugs in a young hopeful and/or career journeyman into the 5/6 defense spots, while giving Staal and Girardi 20+ minutes per game.
Mjolnir
Posted 2016-10-11 5:55 PM (#664296 - in reply to #664295)

Legend

PV29 - 2016-10-11 7:39 PM

I wanted AV gone at the end of last season. His time here has run its course already. His teams get out worked along the boards and pushed to the perimeter with the puck on a consistent basis.

Trading McIlrath? I predicted it last season. We'll watch another disaster where AV plugs in a young hopeful and/or career journeyman into the 5/6 defense spots, while giving Staal and Girardi 20+ minutes per game.
Av-merican
Posted 2016-10-11 10:17 PM (#664298 - in reply to #664293)

All-Star

Mandar - 2016-10-11 4:39 PM

Girardi-McDonagh
Klein-Staal

By the way...I have no idea why the OP wants you fired Av. Personally, I like your perspective on things.

Thanks!
itsmcilrathtime
Posted 2016-10-12 4:00 AM (#664300 - in reply to #664278)

Scorer

Unfortunately AV has now gotten to the point many coaches do where he plays favorites, is unwilling to fix his stupidity and does not put the best lineup out on the ice. Trading McIlrath is his sad way of creating another spot for Tanner Glass who sucks ass as a hockey player. First time a team goons it up on us, Glass will be in the lineup. The AV will lie like he always does and tell the fan base Glass is playing well as useless Glass destroys any offense the 4th line has just like he always does.
Steady Eddie
Posted 2016-10-12 6:12 AM (#664301 - in reply to #664291)

MVP

Girardi-McDonagh
Klein-Staal

Uh, Yes.

After watching him in preseason, I already think Clendening should slot in above Staal.

The jury's still out on Girardi. He's looked neither good or bad in the preseason, but as soon as he gets smoked by a speedy forward, I'm calling for his head. And that's the good point that Dump brings up (can't believe I just wrote that). McIlrath has shown decent skating and the ability to stay with his check. He also has a booming shot. The only weaknesses I see are the occasional bad decision and the overagressiveness that can cost us 2 minutes. All things that are fixed with experience. Play the kid and give him the experience he needs. Yes, I see him as a top 4 one day, but not if he's never played.

Rranger
Posted 2016-10-13 8:54 AM (#664318 - in reply to #664278)

MVP

Its interesting when I read Brooks saying McIlrath had a bad training camp. Vigneault also mentioned Mcilrath's performance wasn't up to snuff. Yet Clendening who scored some points in the early going against the weakest opponents then went dry as the competition picked up, and was getting beat all over the ice was praised. Holden is a puff, and from what I've seen a waste of a fourth round pick. Can anyone tell me one good thing he did during camp that stood out? I saw a guy on his butt most of the night from getting knocked over. Skjei was no better than Mcilrath. But the coach likes him. Staal and Girardi the jury may be out but not mine. Staal is quite capable of being top four and I think will bounce back. Girardi should be gone. McIlrath supposedly doesn't fit this so called mystical quick pass vigneault system that every team in the league does. What team doesn't try to move the puck quick to streaking forwards on the breakout or regrouping? McIlrath is going to go somewhere else and do exactly what most teams would love a 5th or 6th defenseman to do. A guy like Wayne Simmonds is licking his chops to play against A.V'.s D. As is the rest of the league. Enjoy the crease crashing Henrek.
Mandar
Posted 2016-10-13 12:58 PM (#664323 - in reply to #664318)

MVP

Rranger - 2016-10-13 10:54 AM

Its interesting when I read Brooks saying McIlrath had a bad training camp. Vigneault also mentioned Mcilrath's performance wasn't up to snuff. Yet Clendening who scored some points in the early going against the weakest opponents then went dry as the competition picked up, and was getting beat all over the ice was praised. Holden is a puff, and from what I've seen a waste of a fourth round pick. Can anyone tell me one good thing he did during camp that stood out? I saw a guy on his butt most of the night from getting knocked over. Skjei was no better than Mcilrath. But the coach likes him. Staal and Girardi the jury may be out but not mine. Staal is quite capable of being top four and I think will bounce back. Girardi should be gone. McIlrath supposedly doesn't fit this so called mystical quick pass vigneault system that every team in the league does. What team doesn't try to move the puck quick to streaking forwards on the breakout or regrouping? McIlrath is going to go somewhere else and do exactly what most teams would love a 5th or 6th defenseman to do. A guy like Wayne Simmonds is licking his chops to play against A.V'.s D. As is the rest of the league. Enjoy the crease crashing Henrek.

Name one time....ONE TIME....during his 5th camp.....that you saw him clear the crease in any preseason game. Name just one......I challenge you.

I don't wanna hear..."yeah, I saw him do it all the time"...or "yeah he did, but I'm not gonna list it for ya". Because it DIDNT exist. He's NOT a deterrent....he's not this supposed big hitter....and he didn't EARN anything.

Stop reading the hype you want to believe...and watch the games.
Rranger
Posted 2016-10-13 2:58 PM (#664327 - in reply to #664323)

MVP

Mandar - 2016-10-13 11:58 AM

Name one time....ONE TIME....during his 5th camp.....that you saw him clear the crease in any preseason game. Name just one......I challenge you.

I don't wanna hear..."yeah, I saw him do it all the time"...or "yeah he did, but I'm not gonna list it for ya". Because it DIDNT exist. He's NOT a deterrent....he's not this supposed big hitter....and he didn't EARN anything.

You are really special and more so annoyingly special. Off on a rant about clearing the crease. Who brought that up besides you in your little rant world. The guy is a physical player he hits people, he stands up for his goalie and other people on the ice. If you didn't see that last season then most of the games must have been on past your bedtime. If he didn't do it this preseason maybe it's because he had a bad camp or maybe his dog died, who knows. The point of the post that missed your comprehension level was most all the d had a bad camp. But he's singled out just like last year.

Mandar
Posted 2016-10-13 3:44 PM (#664330 - in reply to #664327)

MVP

Rranger - 2016-10-13 4:58 PM

Mandar - 2016-10-13 11:58 AM

You are really special and more so annoyingly special. Off on a rant about clearing the crease. Who brought that up besides you in your little rant world. The guy is a physical player he hits people, he stands up for his goalie and other people on the ice. If you didn't see that last season then most of the games must have been on past your bedtime. If he didn't do it this preseason maybe it's because he had a bad camp or maybe his dog died, who knows. The point of the post that missed your comprehension level was most all the d had a bad camp. But he's singled out just like last year.

In the most important camp of his career....he sh1t the bed....if his biggest worth is physical play, he showed none. But yes Einstein, maybe his dog died. More to the truth is that he played like a dog.

If you never saw him before this preseason....the 5th of his career where HE needed to stand out....would you think he was this physical player you describe? If you say yes, you're a fool.

Yes, most of the D in camp weren't very good....but he had something to prove to make it.....he failed miserably.

Yeah, he's some "victim".
Mjolnir
Posted 2016-10-13 3:49 PM (#664332 - in reply to #664323)

Legend

Mandar - 2016-10-13 2:58 PM

He hasn't been that player because AV doesn't allow him to be that type of player -- you have to play HIS way or you don't play at all. People have already commented on AV's tendency not to put his players in a position to succeed and this is just another example.
Rranger
Posted 2016-10-13 4:09 PM (#664333 - in reply to #664278)

MVP

mandar

Your posts get stupider as you go along. You just dont understand it do you. Well listen real careful and I'll slow it down for you. Coach wants to see solid defensive play and move the puck quick out of him. He blabbed about it every time he talked about McIlrath. He undoubtably told the kid the same thing. Players with his unique ability have to have some leeway to do their job. The coach put the kid in a can't win position at this stage of his career, trying to turn him into Brian Boitano.
Speaking of fools or morons and you qualify for both, if you think McIlrath had to come in and show the Rangers he can be physical. I got news for you putz the Rangers already know that, you seem to be the only one that doesn't. It's obvious to anyone with a clue the coach shackled him. To try to fit him into whatever his game plan is. McIlrath will find a home elsewhere playing for a coach who understands the unique skills he brings, skills the Ranger brass gushed about when they drafted him, skills they wanted in New York until Vigneault who's never given him a fair chance came along.

Edited by Rranger 2016-10-13 4:10 PM
Mandar
Posted 2016-10-13 7:26 PM (#664357 - in reply to #664333)

MVP

Rranger - 2016-10-13 6:09 PM

mandar

Your posts get stupider as you go along. You just dont understand it do you. Well listen real careful and I'll slow it down for you. Coach wants to see solid defensive play and move the puck quick out of him. He blabbed about it every time he talked about McIlrath. He undoubtably told the kid the same thing. Players with his unique ability have to have some leeway to do their job. The coach put the kid in a can't win position at this stage of his career, trying to turn him into Brian Boitano.
Speaking of fools or morons and you qualify for both, if you think McIlrath had to come in and show the Rangers he can be physical. I got news for you putz the Rangers already know that, you seem to be the only one that doesn't. It's obvious to anyone with a clue the coach shackled him. To try to fit him into whatever his game plan is. McIlrath will find a home elsewhere playing for a coach who understands the unique skills he brings, skills the Ranger brass gushed about when they drafted him, skills they wanted in New York until Vigneault who's never given him a fair chance came along.

Ahhh...I get it now....how could I be so "stupider"??

Of course....coach tells him....be like " Brian Boitano".....of course coach says to him....you must not clear the crease. That's gotta be why he didn't do it at all! You're a freaking genius!! Can't wait to see what the coach on his new team will be rewarded with those "unique" skills he has....whatever that is.

They may have drafted him years ago for his supposed toughness, but the guy is a fossil with that supposed trait now.
Rranger
Posted 2016-10-13 8:27 PM (#664365 - in reply to #664278)

MVP

Mandar

Stupider is a fine word used properly. It's not so when a noob like you uses it improperly. It just makes you look well, stupider. Coach is trying to make McIlrath into something he's not. Aka Brian Boitano. That's my opinion putz, didn't say anything about Vigneault saying it. It's probably not in McIlraths skill set to play for Vigneault. Doesn't make him a fossil as you stated. Just means he's not in Alain's world. Time will tell what's going to happen to McIlrath. He hasn't been traded or waived yet. If he is then we will have a answer as to playing for another team. He's a injury and somebody else failing to perform from being right back in the lineup. Rangers will have one extra dmen if they get rid of him and Graves who's probably not quite ready as the first choice callup. And if you don't recognize his unique skill set calling him a fossil, then talking to you a no mind is pointless.

Edited by Rranger 2016-10-13 8:28 PM
PV29
Posted 2016-10-18 7:26 PM (#664458 - in reply to #664278)

In AV's world, if you actually stand up for your goalie and punch out the guy who bumps him in the crease, you get benched for the rest of the game. What a douche. At least he can't blame the 3 goals the Sharks scored in the third period on McIlrath.

With the talent, depth, size and speed up front, AV should get this team deep into the playoffs. He'll waste this season because he won't change his philosophy regarding defensemen.
Mjolnir
Posted 2016-10-18 9:22 PM (#664461 - in reply to #664458)

Legend

PV29 - 2016-10-18 9:26 PM

In AV's world, if you actually stand up for your goalie and punch out the guy who bumps him in the crease, you get benched for the rest of the game. What a douche. At least he can't blame the 3 goals the Sharks scored in the third period on McIlrath.

With the talent, depth, size and speed up front, AV should get this team deep into the playoffs. He'll waste this season because he won't change his philosophy regarding defensemen.

Interesting that the minute AV decides to punish him and screw up his d-pairings, the Sharks came back. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
x10003q
Posted 2016-10-19 9:20 AM (#664463 - in reply to #664458)

MVP

PV29 - 2016-10-18 9:26 PM

This is a funny observation- the 3 goals the Sharks score were not during McIlrath's ice time - as both Sam and Joe also commented on McIlrath being glued to the bench in the third period. If he had been out there for any of those goals they would have brought Graves up. You might assume that it was the fight, but who knows what AV saw before the fight. I wonder if McIlrath will be out there tonight.

Maybe AV will come up with a special plan to have a 5 man D rotation and put Buch back in the lineup to run with 13 forwards.
LeetchyMrRanger
Posted 2016-11-28 1:56 PM (#665555 - in reply to #664278)

All-Star

https://www.nhl.com/news/rangers-alain-vigneault-leads-jack-adams-ra...
Mjolnir
Posted 2016-11-28 10:23 PM (#665563 - in reply to #665555)

Legend

Thanks -- I needed a good laugh!!!
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [35 messages per page]
Frozen
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)