Home Page
 OTG

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Game 24: Carolina Hurricanes @ New York Rangers 11/29/16 - 7pm - MSG/SNE/SNP
[Frozen]

Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [35 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
Frozen    Rangers -> Winter Is ComingMessage format

Fish
Posted 2016-11-30 10:24 AM (#665613 - in reply to #665604)
Subject: Re: Game 24: Carolina Hurricanes @ New York Rangers 11/29/16 - 7pm - MSG/SNE/SNP

Publisher

Rranger - 2016-11-29 8:11 PM

It's the kind of win that will continue the half assed efforts. Carolina sucks and if the Rangers are going anywhere they shoulda blown them out. Instead a couple three guys play hard the rest troll and they squeak it out. They mighta got 2 points but they keep looking worse and worse.

The Hurricanes are 6-3-0 in their last 9...losing their three games each by only a goal (2-1, 2-1 and then 3-2 last night). They've beaten the Capitals once, and Canadiens twice in that time, so hardly would say that they "suck".
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Fish
Posted 2016-11-30 10:29 AM (#665614 - in reply to #665603)
Subject: Re: Game 24: Carolina Hurricanes @ New York Rangers 11/29/16 - 7pm - MSG/SNE/SNP

Publisher

PV29 - 2016-11-29 7:11 PM

Give it up for #61 tonight. Shook this bunch of sleepwalkers awake and changed the course of the game. Of course, next game AV will have him with different linemates. If AV coached the '72 Rangers he'd take Gilbert away from Ratelle and Hadfield.

Rangers don't hit. Period. And when they actually do throw a decent hit they get challenged by the other team. Other teams have no respect for the Rangers physically. It's so obvious every game.

Hopefully AV needs a cab ride from MSG before too long. I can show him where the cab stand is on 7th Avenue outside of Penn Station.

Nash really played a strong game last night, was a big reason why they even had a chance to win, let alone winning it
PV29
Posted 2016-11-30 12:08 PM (#665615 - in reply to #665612)

ej17 - 2016-11-30 11:57 AM

PV29 - 2016-11-29 10:11 PM

Give it up for #61 tonight. Shook this bunch of sleepwalkers awake and changed the course of the game. Of course, next game AV will have him with different linemates. If AV coached the '72 Rangers he'd take Gilbert away from Ratelle and Hadfield.

Maybe then they would have won the cup

Nah. AV would've lost to the Bruins in the Finals. Again.
Spider3WideBanana
Posted 2016-11-30 12:31 PM (#665616 - in reply to #665611)

sureshore - 2016-11-30 9:23 AM

Spider3WideBanana - 2016-11-30 6:04 AM

Girardi just horrific in this game ! Multiple turnovers,bad passes, lots of watching Carolina....... gotta get Clendening a few games here

could say the same for Klein as well. I'd rotate my right side accordingly:

Girardi, Holden, Klein
Holden, Klein, Clendening
Klein, Clendening, Girardi
Girardi, Holden, Klein
Clendening, Girardi, Holden
Girardi, Holden, Klein
Girardi, Holden, Klein
and repeat or re-evaluate.

This way, if AV really doesn't like Clendening as much he get's less games but also every one else on the right side gets an occasional rest (every 3rd or 4th game). Could also give Holden a game here or there on the left side to spell Staal

Agree....... I feel like every other team utilizes their 7th D to spell guys over a 82 game schedule, not to mention Clendening is 23 years old, let's see a little bit what we have in this guy instead of every year rotation of 7th D''s (eminger, Hunwick, Diaz, McIlrath, Clendening)

Edited by Spider3WideBanana 2016-11-30 12:32 PM
concust
Posted 2016-11-30 2:03 PM (#665617 - in reply to #665614)

Legend

Fish - 2016-11-30 11:29 AM

Rangers don't hit. Period. And when they actually do throw a decent hit they get challenged by the other team. Other teams have no respect for the Rangers physically. It's so obvious every game.

Hopefully AV needs a cab ride from MSG before too long. I can show him where the cab stand is on 7th Avenue outside of Penn Station.

Nash really played a strong game last night, was a big reason why they even had a chance to win, let alone winning it

They should suck, but they have a very good defense. If Ward can give them a decent night the game should be winnable for them. The need a little help up front but almost every team does. They've invested where it counts, in a good, smart, young defense. They're not a contender by any means but they punch above their weight for a cap floor team.
concust
Posted 2016-11-30 2:08 PM (#665618 - in reply to #665616)

Legend

Spider3WideBanana - 2016-11-30 1:31 PM

Girardi just horrific in this game ! Multiple turnovers,bad passes, lots of watching Carolina....... gotta get Clendening a few games here

Girardi, Holden, Klein
Girardi, Holden, Klein
Girardi, Holden, Klein
Girardi, Holden, Klein

This way, if AV really doesn't like Clendening as much he get's less games but also every one else on the right side gets an occasional rest (every 3rd or 4th game). Could also give Holden a game here or there on the left side to spell Staal

Agree....... I feel like every other team utilizes their 7th D to spell guys over a 82 game schedule, not to mention Clendening is 23 years old, let's see a little bit what we have in this guy instead of every year rotation of 7th D''s (eminger, Hunwick, Diaz, McIlrath, Clendening)

I have mentioned multiple times that Klein has not been playing well this year at all. We got a few good years out of the guy but at 31 and not getting any younger I think this is his last year with the team whether he leaves at the deadline or gets plucked in the expansion draft.

Really glad Skjei was able to step up this year and become a regular, if he hadn't been able to we'd be in serious trouble. As it stands now with Girardi, Klein, and Staal all past their prime, we're not in great shape anyway. But the additions of Skjei and Holden have been very welcome. Holden isn't great by any stretch but in any other non-Grabner, non-Pirri year he'd have been the best UFA addition.

Mjolnir
Posted 2016-11-30 4:13 PM (#665619 - in reply to #665614)

Legend

Fish - 2016-11-30 12:29 PM

Makes one wonder how long before we see another game like this from him.
Rranger
Posted 2016-11-30 4:30 PM (#665620 - in reply to #665613)

All-Star

Fish - 2016-11-30 9:24 AM

Rranger - 2016-11-29 8:11 PM

It's the kind of win that will continue the half assed efforts. Carolina sucks and if the Rangers are going anywhere they shoulda blown them out. Instead a couple three guys play hard the rest troll and they squeak it out. They mighta got 2 points but they keep looking worse and worse.

The Hurricanes are 6-3-0 in their last 9...losing their three games each by only a goal (2-1, 2-1 and then 3-2 last night). They've beaten the Capitals once, and Canadiens twice in that time, so hardly would say that they "suck".

Vancouver is 6-3-1 in their last 10 and they suck, lol. Duly noted and surprised Carolina knocked off the caps once and Montreal twice, but still think they are not very good. And stand by the Rangers are better and should be handily beating these teams. My point is they have a bad habit under Vigneault of playing to the opponents level.
Mandar
Posted 2016-11-30 6:24 PM (#665621 - in reply to #665619)

MVP

Mjolnir - 2016-11-30 6:13 PM

Lol....so bitter. Can't even compliment the guy when he dominated.

I bet you were doing that to Babe Ruth too when you were watching him play.
Mjolnir
Posted 2016-11-30 9:36 PM (#665625 - in reply to #665621)

Legend

Mandar - 2016-11-30 8:24 PM

Mjolnir - 2016-11-30 6:13 PM

Lol....so bitter. Can't even compliment the guy when he dominated.

I bet you were doing that to Babe Ruth too when you were watching him play.

Surely you jest! I should complement Mr. Habitual Noshow for doing something he should be doing game after game, rather than once or twice a season?

When WAS the last time he had a game like this....was it the dismantling in Columbus when someone pissed him off? And getting back to my original comment, WHEN will the next one occur? Probably when he's wearing a uniform not labeled "Rangers".
Spider3WideBanana
Posted 2016-12-01 8:04 AM (#665626 - in reply to #665618)

concust - 2016-11-30 2:08 PM

Spider3WideBanana - 2016-11-30 1:31 PM

Girardi, Holden, Klein
Girardi, Holden, Klein
Girardi, Holden, Klein
Girardi, Holden, Klein

I have mentioned multiple times that Klein has not been playing well this year at all. We got a few good years out of the guy but at 31 and not getting any younger I think this is his last year with the team whether he leaves at the deadline or gets plucked in the expansion draft.

Really glad Skjei was able to step up this year and become a regular, if he hadn't been able to we'd be in serious trouble. As it stands now with Girardi, Klein, and Staal all past their prime, we're not in great shape anyway. But the additions of Skjei and Holden have been very welcome. Holden isn't great by any stretch but in any other non-Grabner, non-Pirri year he'd have been the best UFA addition.

I agree, Klein is one of my fav Rangers, but he's been off this year for whatever reason. It's disappointing. Holden has truly probably been the 2nd or 3rd best defenseman on the team to date , behind Mac and maybe Skjei.....The D as a whole have been serviceable, but nothing great and nothing horrible, the forwards are back checking harder and helping drive the puck up ice, which I'm not sure how effective that's going to be in the playoffs. There's really no one out there to get either..... Doug Hamilton isn't the answer at the price , nor is Shattenkirk.
concust
Posted 2016-12-01 11:08 AM (#665629 - in reply to #665570)

Legend

I don't think Hamilton is the answer at all. Plus rumor is that Calgary rejected an offer of Duclair plus a pick and we don't have assets like that. Holden has been surprisingly ok, much more consistent than I thought. Skeji has stepped up, McDonagh is having a great season. There's not going to be any help on the farm so either the group we have gets better or it's likely we're in trouble at some point. Trading for Shattenkirk could be an option but he's a UFA after this year and if St Louis is playing well they're probably going to want to keep him for the playoffs.

The offseason was the last good time to improve the blueline and it didn't happen (not really). I don't see anyone looming as an impending UFA in a deadline deal either. Maybe some mid level talent. Hopefully that's all we would need.
Mandar
Posted 2016-12-01 12:11 PM (#665633 - in reply to #665629)

MVP

concust - 2016-12-01 1:08 PM

I don't think Hamilton is the answer at all. Plus rumor is that Calgary rejected an offer of Duclair plus a pick and we don't have assets like that. Holden has been surprisingly ok, much more consistent than I thought. Skeji has stepped up, McDonagh is having a great season. There's not going to be any help on the farm so either the group we have gets better or it's likely we're in trouble at some point. Trading for Shattenkirk could be an option but he's a UFA after this year and if St Louis is playing well they're probably going to want to keep him for the playoffs.

The offseason was the last good time to improve the blueline and it didn't happen (not really). I don't see anyone looming as an impending UFA in a deadline deal either. Maybe some mid level talent. Hopefully that's all we would need.

The thing about Shattenkirk....sure, he can be signed in the offseason as a UFA...but remember - the max length would be for 7 years. If they deal for him by the trade deadline, he can get 8 years from the Rangers. Now, one year might not be that big a difference, but cap hit-wise....and probably a lesser AAV....would be an attraction for the team. 8 year deals are really risky.....but cap-wise it could be the better thing to do.

If you sign him for less years, pretty sure the AAV increases (probably dramatically).

I don't want him at either term, although I know that's what he would command. At those max length deals he'll be 34/35 at expiration. I'd be willing to sign him to 32, maybe stretch to 33... but defensemen hit that decline hard past 31. Exceptions are rare so betting that he's an exception, is not smart.

Also, we don't have the assets. But if he wanted to sign here in the offseason I'd be happy to give him a 5 year deal especially since he's a New Rochelle kid, but past that it gets awfully uncomfortable for me.

Spider3WideBanana
Posted 2016-12-01 12:48 PM (#665634 - in reply to #665633)

Mandar - 2016-12-01 12:11 PM

concust - 2016-12-01 1:08 PM

The thing about Shattenkirk....sure, he can be signed in the offseason as a UFA...but remember - the max length would be for 7 years. If they deal for him by the trade deadline, he can get 8 years from the Rangers. Now, one year might not be that big a difference, but cap hit-wise....and probably a lesser AAV....would be an attraction for the team. 8 year deals are really risky.....but cap-wise it could be the better thing to do.

If you sign him for less years, pretty sure the AAV increases (probably dramatically).

I don't think we have the assets to get Shattenkirk anyway.
LeetchyMrRanger
Posted 2016-12-02 6:37 PM (#665676 - in reply to #665570)

All-Star

He is only 23 & Flames are also looking to unload him. I don't know, but why...?
Rranger
Posted 2016-12-02 9:47 PM (#665677 - in reply to #665676)

All-Star

LeetchyMrRanger - 2016-12-02 5:37 PM

He is only 23 & Flames are also looking to unload him. I don't know, but why...?

One team has already traded him and now (if true) another team wants to move him. The supposed Boston reason was he was a little to full of himself which wears thin real fast in a dressing room. And now Calgary is rumoured to be listening. That would be plenty of red flag for me to put a lot of due diligence into a trade for Hamilton.
But more likely is Calgary doesn't want to move him, and Chaya from Arizona is the GM who in Brian Burke latest rant put in a "ridiculous" offer and then told media Calgary was taking offers on Hamilton. Hence the rumour Calgary is pissed off about.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [35 messages per page]
Frozen
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2018 PD9 Software