Home Page
 OTG

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Lundqvist/Eakin - guess the suspension
[Frozen]

Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [35 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
Frozen    Rangers -> Winter Is ComingMessage format

concust
Posted 2016-12-16 11:41 AM (#665957)
Subject: Lundqvist/Eakin - guess the suspension

Legend

Top of the page Bottom of the page
concust
Posted 2016-12-16 11:42 AM (#665958 - in reply to #665957)
Subject: Re: Lundqvist/Eakin - guess the suspension

Legend

I'm going to say, 5 games.

Should be 10+ but usually I take what I deem to be the low end of what I think is acceptable, then halve it, and that's where it ends up.
Mandar
Posted 2016-12-16 12:37 PM (#665959 - in reply to #665957)

MVP

ej17
Posted 2016-12-16 12:57 PM (#665961 - in reply to #665957)

All-Star

Its disgusting, This is the only team in the NHL who wouldn't do anything..... I could care less how many games Eakin gets.. The Rangers should have settled it there.. Vesey.. WTF He is right there ...DO SOMETHING!!. They are the biggest bunch of pussy's to ever lace them up at the Garden...
Mcphee
Posted 2016-12-16 1:06 PM (#665962 - in reply to #665961)

Rookie

Can't call Crosby a pussy anymore.At least he does something when he feels a teammate takes a cheap shot.
itsmcilrathtime
Posted 2016-12-16 3:23 PM (#665963 - in reply to #665957)

Scorer

Can we lobby Dolan to change the name to the NY Vagina's
sureshore
Posted 2016-12-16 3:30 PM (#665964 - in reply to #665961)

All-Star

ej17 - 2016-12-16 2:57 PM

Its disgusting, This is the only team in the NHL who wouldn't do anything..... I could care less how many games Eakin gets.. The Rangers should have settled it there.. Vesey.. WTF He is right there ...DO SOMETHING!!. They are the biggest bunch of pussy's to ever lace them up at the Garden...
sureshore
Posted 2016-12-16 3:32 PM (#665965 - in reply to #665964)

All-Star

sureshore - 2016-12-16 5:30 PM

gotta disagree about Vesey. Thought Vesey chased Aiken all the way up the ice but Nash got to Eakins first and did... not much. Would have liked to see Vesey have done what Nash chose not to.
PV29
Posted 2016-12-16 3:39 PM (#665967 - in reply to #665957)

Vesey is young and new to the AV system, so he doesn't know better yet. Eventually he'll react in the AV-approved manner: stare at the ice looking for loose change.

Jeff Bloemberg laughs at these Rangers.
Rranger
Posted 2016-12-16 3:42 PM (#665969 - in reply to #665957)

All-Star

Word gets around they don't retaliate and it's game on for bozo's like Eakin. You have to have a couple of guys that can play and retaliate. But the key is knowing when and how. Crosby on McDonagh and Eakin on Lundqvist has to be a immediate response, take the penalties but immediate and serious retaliation. End of problem. But now the problem just got bigger. You have to protect your own.
PV29
Posted 2016-12-16 3:50 PM (#665970 - in reply to #665957)

4 games. The Stars lose a bottom 6 player who only dressed for 14 games so far (1 point, -7) for 4 lousy games. Rangers could've lost their franchise goalie for longer than that. Hope AV is happy now that the league has "done something".

Fire AV

Edited by PV29 2016-12-16 3:53 PM
PV29
Posted 2016-12-16 3:57 PM (#665971 - in reply to #665969)

Rranger - 2016-12-16 5:42 PM

Word gets around they don't retaliate and it's game on for bozo's like Eakin. You have to have a couple of guys that can play and retaliate. But the key is knowing when and how. Crosby on McDonagh and Eakin on Lundqvist has to be a immediate response, take the penalties but immediate and serious retaliation. End of problem. But now the problem just got bigger. You have to protect your own.

No, no. Don't you realize? The game has "changed". This isn't necessary anymore. Responding to cheap shots on your teammates is so 1980's. Speed, finesse, stretch passing, that's the key. Toe Blake, Eddie Shore, old time hockey. (actually, Toe Blake and Eddie Shore were tough bastards and would be calling the Rangers pussies so .......)
PV29
Posted 2016-12-16 3:59 PM (#665972 - in reply to #665957)

I think the Caps need a fast, smart, nifty player who can make nice chip outs off the boards from the defensive zone. Perhaps they'd trade Tom Wilson for the incomparable Jesper Fast. Worth a try.
Rranger
Posted 2016-12-16 4:49 PM (#665973 - in reply to #665971)

All-Star

PV29 - 2016-12-16 2:57 PM

Rranger - 2016-12-16 5:42 PM

No, no. Don't you realize? The game has "changed". This isn't necessary anymore. Responding to cheap shots on your teammates is so 1980's. Speed, finesse, stretch passing, that's the key. Toe Blake, Eddie Shore, old time hockey. (actually, Toe Blake and Eddie Shore were tough bastards and would be calling the Rangers pussies so .......)

When the Rangers won their last cup nobody tried anything because Graves and company didn't wait. And after awhile you don't have to respond because teams knew. Now teams know nobody is going to do anything. It's going to grow as a issue as games gain importance. Look at the last islander game Anders Lee skating around hacking and whacking and he wasn't challenged. I agree with you.

Edited by Rranger 2016-12-16 7:04 PM
concust
Posted 2016-12-17 12:24 AM (#665974 - in reply to #665957)

Legend

I agree wholeheartedly that "the game has changed" but I hardly think it's "not necessary anymore".

The game has changed - you guys think it's just the Rangers that stand around without a response, every year it's more and more teams doing less and less. Enforcers are gone. You have to roll 4 lines. It's a speed game these days, that's just reality. If it were up to me you risk leaving the two points on the table and you make Eakin pay right then and there.

4 games is embarrassing. 2 games for Hoffman cross checking a guy in the back of the head is embarrassing. It's not like these were scrubs that got targeted and the NHL didn't want to suspend a star player for too long, in fact it's the exact opposite. I honestly have no idea what the league is thinking anymore.

LeetchyMrRanger
Posted 2016-12-17 9:15 AM (#665978 - in reply to #665957)

All-Star

I thought 5 games.

AV gets it actually. The league wants to be the one to take these actions not players. What the league wants the league will get. There is no more settling of scores on the ice, not to that extent that we knew in the game's past. It is a dying hockey past, folks.

The league wants finess, scoring, open skating hockey. This is the new breed of fans for every sport. NBA wants scoring. NFL wants scoring. The old NFLers complain all the time, in my day, we settled it on the field. Fans that don't like it, will have to learn to like it or find another hobby. NHL message is clear.

There is no role, no spot for players/goons like that anymore. Even the Cheesestakes are walking away from that game as it cost them too many games the last few seasons.

All that being said, you have to stand up for your goalie.
Rranger
Posted 2016-12-17 9:26 AM (#665979 - in reply to #665978)

All-Star

LeetchyMrRanger - 2016-12-17 8:15 AM

I thought 5 games.

AV gets it actually. The league wants to be the one to take these actions not players. What the league wants the league will get. There is no more settling of scores on the ice, not to that extent that we knew in the game's past. It is a dying hockey past, folks.

The league wants finess, scoring, open skating hockey. This is the new breed of fans for every sport. NBA wants scoring. NFL wants scoring. The old NFLers complain all the time, in my day, we settled it on the field. Fans that don't like it, will have to learn to like it or find another hobby. NHL message is clear.

There is no role, no spot for players/goons like that anymore. Even the Cheesestakes are walking away from that game as it cost them too many games the last few seasons.

The only one talking about goons is you. Teams still need players that can play as well as handle things like this. Like Wayne Simmons in philly. Prototypical modern enforcer. Rangers have nobody, they don't even have players willing to engage.
ej17
Posted 2016-12-17 11:30 AM (#665980 - in reply to #665957)

All-Star

Yes the game has changed , but sorry.. one thing hasn't changed any other team this happened to..They would have responded.. This is the only team in the NHL that would not do a thing.. And every team knows it.. Bunch of Pussies
PV29
Posted 2016-12-17 3:17 PM (#665981 - in reply to #665974)

concust - 2016-12-17 2:24 AM

I agree wholeheartedly that "the game has changed" but I hardly think it's "not necessary anymore".

The game has changed - you guys think it's just the Rangers that stand around without a response, every year it's more and more teams doing less and less. Enforcers are gone. You have to roll 4 lines. It's a speed game these days, that's just reality. If it were up to me you risk leaving the two points on the table and you make Eakin pay right then and there.

4 games is embarrassing. 2 games for Hoffman cross checking a guy in the back of the head is embarrassing. It's not like these were scrubs that got targeted and the NHL didn't want to suspend a star player for too long, in fact it's the exact opposite. I honestly have no idea what the league is thinking anymore.

One-dimensional enforcers are no longer able to take up a roster spot. In that respect, the game has changed. However, so have the "enforcers". They are now capable skaters with decent hands who can play a regular shift on the third or fourth line. Chris Neil is still playing. So is Chris Stewart, and many other tough players who have earned a roster spot with their play as well as their willingness to drop the gloves.

Every night on the "150" Pidto shows at least one highlight of a fight ........ from ANOTHER game. The Rangers are an anomaly, a passive team that has nobody to respond when things get chippy, other than maybe Klein. The league is not going to defend teams like the Rangers. The ****ing Rangers have to defend themselves. It's like depending on the local police to defend your home. That's not their job, its YOUR job. Either AV wakes up or he gets fired eventually. I hope (but doubt) that he wakes up.
PV29
Posted 2016-12-17 3:28 PM (#665982 - in reply to #665978)

LeetchyMrRanger - 2016-12-17 11:15 AM

I thought 5 games.

Most respectfully, you're wrong on many levels. The fans DO want the teams to settle it on the ice. You've been watching the Rangers for too long. Whenever a scrum or a fight occurs the fans get out of their seats and cheer. Tickets for any type of "revenge" game are always sold out. It's not the fans who want this change, it's the league. Yet the league allows guys to hit from behind and throw head shots without appropriate punishment, so once again the league is screwed up by sending mixed messages.

Teams are still tough. The Flyers have several agitators and tough guys. Did you see their game this afternoon against the Stars (another tough team)? Eventually they will impose their physical edge against AV's Fancy Dandy's, there are still 3 games left between them.

The league opened up the game, and the result is faster play and more concussions. Not more scoring. Teams have adapted and still play defense even without the clutching and grabbing. They just skate faster, generating more force with the impacts resulting in more injuries and concussions. Great job by the league, as usual.

True, goons are gone. But intimidation and physical play still exists in the "new" NHL. The Rangers are not the trend-setters for the future of the league, they're the punching bags.
LeetchyMrRanger
Posted 2016-12-17 7:36 PM (#665984 - in reply to #665957)

All-Star

You make some good points. Like I said you stand up for your goalie. What do the following teams have in common:
Pens
Hawks
Kings
Hawks
Kings
Boston
Hawks
Pens
Wings

Last few Cup winners, except for Bruins that bullied their way to the Cup, all finess teams.
PV29
Posted 2016-12-18 5:27 PM (#665992 - in reply to #665957)

Those teams also never got pushed around. And in the case of the Kings, they did all the pushing. They manhandled the Rangers in the finals, wore them out physically. The Rangers were the better skilled team, more finesse team. And they lost 4 games to 1.
LeetchyMrRanger
Posted 2016-12-18 7:33 PM (#666006 - in reply to #665957)

All-Star

They were bigger, yes, but played clean & hard. But, none of those teams scare any one physically. The 2 teams I can think of that played that old time bully hockey that won since the lockout are Bruins & Anaheim.

Edited by LeetchyMrRanger 2016-12-18 7:49 PM
concust
Posted 2016-12-19 8:43 AM (#666022 - in reply to #665957)

Legend

Sorry but Chris Neil? He's a one dimensional enforcer. 2 points on the season, plays 6-7 minutes a night.

Totally on board with getting Wayne Simmonds type players but they're not exactly all over the waiver wire.

PV29
Posted 2016-12-19 9:34 AM (#666026 - in reply to #666006)

LeetchyMrRanger - 2016-12-18 9:33 PM

They were bigger, yes, but played clean & hard. But, none of those teams scare any one physically. The 2 teams I can think of that played that old time bully hockey that won since the lockout are Bruins & Anaheim.

You're overlooking the Kings. They were physically imposing. The beauty of the Hawks was that they could play tough when needed and also play a speed/finesse game when needed. If not for the Hawks the Kings win 1 or 2 more Cups.

Perhaps I'm not clear as to what I'm advocating: I want the Rangers to be more like the Hawks, not so much the Kings or Ducks. And right now the Rangers have the foundation skill-wise to be like the Hawks. They just need to add some players who can play nasty when needed. If you had a time machine, imagine Nick Fotiu and Tom Laidlaw on the '74 Rangers. They win the Cup, not the Flyers.
PV29
Posted 2016-12-19 9:44 AM (#666027 - in reply to #666022)

concust - 2016-12-19 10:43 AM

Sorry but Chris Neil? He's a one dimensional enforcer. 2 points on the season, plays 6-7 minutes a night.

Totally on board with getting Wayne Simmonds type players but they're not exactly all over the waiver wire.

Well, at age 37 he's obviously on the downside of a career where he's scored over 100 goals. But he still has a roster spot, doesn't he? On a team just 5 points behind the Habs. And for one reason. So the point stands, players like him are still necessary today.

True, guys like Simmonds are not easy to come by. But the Rangers never seem to get that guy. Instead they get the Fast's and Puempel's and Gerbe's. Basically, they don't even try to add some toughness on the fringes of their roster. They just double down on more finesse softies to fill the spots that hard-nosed grinders should occupy. Just one or (heaven forbid) two such players, one each on the 3rd and 4th lines, would make a huge difference on this team come playoff time.
PV29
Posted 2016-12-22 3:25 PM (#666056 - in reply to #665957)

Interesting column by Brooks. He advocates bringing Glass back to add some some muscle. I don't really want Glass back in the lineup because he's too passive. Even Brooks admits that Glass isn't enough to address the problem, but he would "help" if brought back. I think he would make it worse because the other players would be even more passive waiting for Glass to do something, which wouldn't happen most nights.

Of the many admirable qualities of this season’s team, playing with an edge is not among them. There isn’t a single player who forces the opposition to keep its collective head up, not a single player whose presence discourages opponents from taking liberties. More than that, not a single player who believes in payback.

Four nights after no one lifted a finger in anger when the Stars’ Cody Eakin freight-trained Henrik Lundqvist behind his net in Dallas on Friday, no Ranger even thought twice about responding when Michael Grabner was kneed by Sidney Crosby midway through the second period in Pittsburgh.

And this about a month after no one interceded when Crosby jumped Ryan McDonagh and began throwing punches immediately after the Rangers captain had earned a major for boarding Conor Sheary.

Isolated, each incident can be explained away. Collectively, they are evidence of a disturbing thread that, with some exceptions, has often defined this franchise.

https://nypost.com/2016/12/21/the-rangers-arent-mean-enough-but-this...
RANGERNUT
Posted 2016-12-24 7:09 PM (#666068 - in reply to #666056)

All-Star

PV29 - 2016-12-22 3:25 PM

Interesting column by Brooks. He advocates bringing Glass back to add some some muscle. I don't really want Glass back in the lineup because he's too passive. Even Brooks admits that Glass isn't enough to address the problem, but he would "help" if brought back. I think he would make it worse because the other players would be even more passive waiting for Glass to do something, which wouldn't happen most nights.

Of the many admirable qualities of this season’s team, playing with an edge is not among them. There isn’t a single player who forces the opposition to keep its collective head up, not a single player whose presence discourages opponents from taking liberties. More than that, not a single player who believes in payback.

Four nights after no one lifted a finger in anger when the Stars’ Cody Eakin freight-trained Henrik Lundqvist behind his net in Dallas on Friday, no Ranger even thought twice about responding when Michael Grabner was kneed by Sidney Crosby midway through the second period in Pittsburgh.

And this about a month after no one interceded when Crosby jumped Ryan McDonagh and began throwing punches immediately after the Rangers captain had earned a major for boarding Conor Sheary.

Isolated, each incident can be explained away. Collectively, they are evidence of a disturbing thread that, with some exceptions, has often defined this franchise.

https://nypost.com/2016/12/21/the-rangers-arent-mean-enough-but-this...

Say what you will about Brooksie.... he is spot on here.....
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [35 messages per page]
Frozen
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2018 PD9 Software