Home Page
 OTG

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Magnus Hellberg reportedly signs with Chinese KHL team
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [35 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Rangers -> Winter Is ComingMessage format

RANGERNUT
Posted 2017-05-25 9:23 AM (#676318)
Subject: Magnus Hellberg reportedly signs with Chinese KHL team

All-Star

No great loss IMO and he was slated to become a UFA anyway.....Have fun in China

Magnus Hellberg has reportedly signed with Kunlun Red Star of the KHL, who play in China. (Elite Prospects)

Kunlun's head coach is former Rangers head coach Mike Keenan.

For Hartford this season, Hellberg was 12-15 with a GAA of 2.95 and save percentage of .903.

Hellberg appeared in two games for the Rangers this season, including his first NHL start and first NHL win against the Penguins.

Hellberg was slated to be a UFA this summer after finishing up a two-year contract with the Rangers.

Adam Rotter; Hellberg was at the end of his time with the Rangers. Antti Raanta, for now, is the backup to Henrik Lundqvist and they need to get Brandon Halverson and maybe Chris Nell or Mackenzie Skapski more games to help them develop. Hellberg was a nice option to have as a number three goalie in the event that someone got hurt, but the Rangers will have to make do with the crop of goalies they have in Hartford and the ECHL to hold that role.

https://www.sny.tv/rangers/news/magnus-hellberg-reportedly-signs-wit...
Top of the page Bottom of the page
rjpny75
Posted 2017-06-08 10:34 AM (#676446 - in reply to #676318)
Subject: Re: Magnus Hellberg reportedly signs with Chinese KHL team

Rookie

I think this in only to LV's benefit. They will look to make a deal with the Rangers to not take Raanta. With Fast injured, my guess would be a pick in 2018 to not take Raanta and they take Lindberg instead (if we don't protect him).
Mandar
Posted 2017-06-08 12:49 PM (#676448 - in reply to #676446)
Subject: Re: Magnus Hellberg reportedly signs with Chinese KHL team

MVP

rjpny75 - 2017-06-08 12:34 PM

I think this in only to LV's benefit. They will look to make a deal with the Rangers to not take Raanta. With Fast injured, my guess would be a pick in 2018 to not take Raanta and they take Lindberg instead (if we don't protect him).

The Rangers don't have to make a deal with LV at all....we can only lose one player....there will be no one on the exposed list that is irreplaceable. No reason to give away a pick in order to protect someone.

I think they take Grabner.....and we will probably deal Raanta at some point anyway.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [35 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2017 PD9 Software