Home Page
 OTG

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

OFFICIAL: Girardi will be bought out
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [35 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Rangers -> Winter Is ComingMessage format

Steady Eddie
Posted 2017-06-14 7:01 PM (#676568 - in reply to #676565)
Subject: Re: OFFICIAL: Girardi will be bought out

MVP

Mikey Red - 2017-06-14 8:18 PM

itsmcilrathtime - 2017-06-14 5:43 PM

You tools were the same imbeciles that were begging to sign that greedy pig Callahan to a new contract. Thank God they traded that azzzwipe.

That was the best trade in NYR history ...Cally and 2#1's for 5 foot tall 38 yr old MSL....Do that trade everyday and twice on Sunday.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Rranger
Posted 2017-06-14 7:49 PM (#676569 - in reply to #676531)

All-Star

Girardi carved himself out a nice career here, and I don't think his career is over. He showed in the playoffs he has something left, and if he's smart about where he goes and gets into a more traditional defensive style, than whatever the he'll double mints got going, he could get another five years in. G played a hard nosed games and more often than not was the most physical dman. He went from a guy with few holes in his game under Tortorella to one who's game steadily eroded, while trying to make himself into a double mint ninja. And he still gave it his best. Thank you Mr. Girardi you always had balls.
concust
Posted 2017-06-14 11:58 PM (#676571 - in reply to #676531)

Legend

Phaneuf got traded. Kris Russell got a contract. Girardi's NHL days aren't over yet. (although I doubt he's got 5 more years in him). That would put him at 37/38 years old....
Beezer34
Posted 2017-06-15 12:15 AM (#676574 - in reply to #676531)

All-Star

I am a Girardi fan ..for a UFA signing .. who worked his way up from the ECHL to the NHL All Star game that is not a fluke.. he was not fan voted in.. he has been a horse for this team and he played a LOT of minutes when he was on the top pair and the Rangers had little else. He stayed there a long time (many think too long) but he did all you could ask and as players get older they are not as good but he never stopped doing his all. even after getting bought out he was CLASS. I hope he finds a home and plays well and maybe wins a cup.

Leetch dogging it...I am not sure I have heard a dumber comment. I am sorry I know you know more about hockey than anyone but Leetch was admired around the league. I have friends who when he went to Toronto at the END of his career they were AMAZED as how good he was. So I am sorry but you are about as dead wrong as you can get.

I think they will and clearly are among the best D-men on the Rangers Leetch being a hall of fame 1st Ranger on the all time Ranger D list. Girardi I think has earned a place in the among the best D the Rangers have had too. when I look at the Greshners and Vadnais and Becks who have suited up he does sit in that crowd for sure. AGAIN.. I ama fan but I think that is fair to say.

I am not a Staal fan and I have always thought he benefitted more from his name than his skill and it is why he was dropped to the second pair and has sat there for so long. I think if they can move him all the better. I will say none of the current Rangers in McDonaugh, Staal or Girardi who all could have asked for more money when they were UFA's did. When I look at the contracts that Campbell... and Phenuef signed I think these guys were and are steals. I think if you look at the past few years most teams would be happy with 15 million between those three.

I will also add that when you push Skjei up the line up .. you are going to see hints of Del Zotto.. and that worries me.. he is great on the PP... but everytime in the play offs there was a goal or poor coverage or a guy not taking his man..... you could find his jersey in that mix.. so unless he gets to know how to play D soon.. you wll see the missing Girardi and depending on Skjei .. ths crew will be asking for him to be moved the same way they do every player... no one is good enough to be a Ranger who is on the team from what many comment on.
itsmcilrathtime
Posted 2017-06-15 2:27 AM (#676578 - in reply to #676531)

Scorer

It's always comical how many dumb fans in our fan base just close their eyes to the fact that Leetch and Graves had many years where they mailed it in and just collected a paycheck. I swear, a bunch of guys win a cup for the fan base and they can do no wrong for life. Yet, we have countless azzwipes in this fan base who blame Hank for everything when the team never scores goals for him in the playoffs.
LeetchyMrRanger
Posted 2017-06-15 5:09 AM (#676579 - in reply to #676531)

All-Star

You are all over the place from Leetch to Cally to Hank, whatever, you have no 1 good point to make. Moving on...
Mikey Red
Posted 2017-06-15 7:15 AM (#676581 - in reply to #676578)

MVP

itsmcilrathtime - 2017-06-15 2:27 AM

It's always comical how many dumb fans in our fan base just close their eyes to the fact that Leetch and Graves had many years where they mailed it in and just collected a paycheck. I swear, a bunch of guys win a cup for the fan base and they can do no wrong for life. Yet, we have countless azzwipes in this fan base who blame Hank for everything when the team never scores goals for him in the playoffs.

Why dont you ...mail it in and go away
Rangerjunkie
Posted 2017-06-15 9:45 AM (#676585 - in reply to #676531)

All-Star

Mikey Red, LeetchyMrRanger......You two made my day!!! You guys are definitely MY boys!!!
LeetchyMrRanger
Posted 2017-06-15 10:03 AM (#676587 - in reply to #676531)

All-Star

And, not Leetch specific, you compare & mention HofFmers with other HofFamers, & not nice serviceable players in any sport. There is only 1 name, Orr & then you say let's leave that name out, now... & every one else, there are no comparisons to Orr. May be Lidstorm as well you leave out of conversations. When you talk Leetch, you bring up that name, you don't bring up Danny G. You talk other HofFmers & legends like Bourque, Coffee, Carlsson, McInnis, Murphy, Stevens, Housley, etc... not even Suter types, or Patrick types, not a HofFamers. Then, you have an interesting, intelligent, discussion & argument. I don't think Danny G would ever even think about to mention his own name with Leetch. He is too smart to do so. I don't know how many articles I read with young D-man, I watched Leetch, I want to be Leetch, I was influenced by Leetch. How many are saying I watched Girardi, I want to be Girardi, I was influenced by Girardi, etc... Again, nothing against Danny G. But, it is comical.
Av-merican
Posted 2017-06-15 1:23 PM (#676591 - in reply to #676531)
Subject: RE: OFFICIAL: Girardi will be bought out

All-Star

Yeah, Girardi will find work somewhere in a 31-team league, no doubt. He wasn't even close to being the worst d-man in the NHL last season. That honor would belong to Francois Beauchemin of the Colorado Avalanche, who will also thankfully be bought out.

It's not really his fault that management overvalued his contributions. Hopefully now the Rangers can use the cap room to invest in some better blueline help--I will be somewhat shocked if Kevin Shattenkirk is wearing anything other than Rangers blue come next season.
ej17
Posted 2017-06-15 1:39 PM (#676594 - in reply to #676531)

All-Star

Loved Giradi until I saw him Standing there watching Gaborik get his ass kicked in and did nothing when McD got taken out.... Not saying he wasn't a good Dman, just lost a lot of respect for him and didn't like him after that
LeetchyMrRanger
Posted 2017-06-15 2:57 PM (#676599 - in reply to #676531)

All-Star

I remember that play. Isn't he a born again christian? Do I have this right?
Mikey Red
Posted 2017-06-15 3:17 PM (#676601 - in reply to #676585)

MVP

Rangerjunkie - 2017-06-15 9:45 AM

Mikey Red, LeetchyMrRanger......You two made my day!!! You guys are definitely MY boys!!!

Lol feelings are mutual bro!!!
Mikey Red
Posted 2017-06-15 3:18 PM (#676602 - in reply to #676594)

MVP

ej17 - 2017-06-15 1:39 PM

Loved Giradi until I saw him Standing there watching Gaborik get his ass kicked in and did nothing when McD got taken out.... Not saying he wasn't a good Dman, just lost a lot of respect for him and didn't like him after that

VERY.....Valid point ....I was hoping he got cut from the team after that period.
Mjolnir
Posted 2017-06-15 6:58 PM (#676606 - in reply to #676591)

Legend

Av-merican - 2017-06-15 3:23 PM
I will be somewhat shocked if Kevin Shattenkirk is wearing anything other than Rangers blue come next season.

I will be disappointed with management if he IS wearing Rangers blue.
Rranger
Posted 2017-06-15 8:16 PM (#676608 - in reply to #676606)

All-Star

Mjolnir - 2017-06-15 5:58 PM

I will be somewhat shocked if Kevin Shattenkirk is wearing anything other than Rangers blue come next season.

I haven't seen enough of Shattenkirk to have a personal opinion of his abilities but all indicators point to another Dan Boyle, Keith Yandle fiasco, and down the road Shattenkirk on a contract the Rangers would have a tough time moving. Kinda the Ranger M.O.
Blue404
Posted 2017-06-15 8:26 PM (#676609 - in reply to #676531)

Legend

What time is the game?
Mikey Red
Posted 2017-06-15 8:27 PM (#676610 - in reply to #676531)

MVP

Totally R... I'd rather try to get Trouba and sign an Alzner
Mikey Red
Posted 2017-06-15 8:28 PM (#676611 - in reply to #676609)

MVP

Blue404 - 2017-06-15 8:26 PM

What time is the game?

Blue!
Mjolnir
Posted 2017-06-16 11:16 AM (#676615 - in reply to #676608)

Legend

Rranger - 2017-06-15 10:16 PM

I haven't seen enough of Shattenkirk to have a personal opinion of his abilities but all indicators point to another Dan Boyle, Keith Yandle fiasco, and down the road Shattenkirk on a contract the Rangers would have a tough time moving. Kinda the Ranger M.O.

Exactly...more of the same.
concust
Posted 2017-06-16 11:57 AM (#676618 - in reply to #676615)

Legend

Mjolnir - 2017-06-16 12:16 PM

To put a finer point on it, I'd say that signing Shattenkirk would not be quite as bad as these two deals, because he's got Yandle abilities but we wouldn't need to trade to get him.

Having said that, by my estimation Shattenkirk has about 3 good (dependable) years left in him, and then is a big question mark. Unfortunately if he signs here it'll be 6 or 7 years. So that's a pretty big risk on a big contract, IMO. Safer to give him a 5 year contract at a higher dollar value per year, and then try to make it up elsewhere (value signings like Grabner, Holden, etc, and younger players on ELC)

Mjolnir
Posted 2017-06-16 12:15 PM (#676619 - in reply to #676618)

Legend

concust - 2017-06-16 1:57 PM

To put a finer point on it, I'd say that signing Shattenkirk would not be quite as bad as these two deals, because he's got Yandle abilities but we wouldn't need to trade to get him.

Having said that, by my estimation Shattenkirk has about 3 good (dependable) years left in him, and then is a big question mark. Unfortunately if he signs here it'll be 6 or 7 years. So that's a pretty big risk on a big contract, IMO. Safer to give him a 5 year contract at a higher dollar value per year, and then try to make it up elsewhere (value signings like Grabner, Holden, etc, and younger players on ELC)

Once again, same old, same old. He's not someone that's gonna make a big difference, so why not spend the money more productively (yeah, right).

I think this organization is going to operate as if that "magic window" is still open and throw money away on the Shattenkirks to get them over the hump...naturally, AV will run him into the ground and he'll be done in less than 3 years.
Rranger
Posted 2017-06-16 10:18 PM (#676631 - in reply to #676619)

All-Star

Mjolnir - 2017-06-16 11:15 AM

concust - 2017-06-16 1:57 PM

Once again, same old, same old. He's not someone that's gonna make a big difference, so why not spend the money more productively (yeah, right).

I think this organization is going to operate as if that "magic window" is still open and throw money away on the Shattenkirks to get them over the hump...naturally, AV will run him into the ground and he'll be done in less than 3 years.

So Shattenkirk has Yandle abilities, the same Yandle who was basically ran out of town. For a song. Maybe Yandles troubles were coach related or maybe he is another in a long line of players who are the best of the worst on a crap Team (Phoenix). And the Rangers pro scouts are useless. Shattenkirk scouting report says defensive deficiencies, just like Yandle, but because he's a free agent, he's not quite as bad a pickup as Yandle or Boyle. Makes no sense if his Ranger career ends up like Yandles. And that's coaches track record with those types. The guy will be playing and if he is average at top dollar it's a bad pickup.
Three good (dependable) years left, based on what? Defensive deficient players are not dependable, that's the problem and I'm assuming the reason St. Louis moved him. St. Louis has not got a top end D corp, yet were comfortable in keeping some pretty normal d men over Shattenkirk. The point is they got rid of him. And if he can't play on St Louis's top pair why would anyone assume he's going to play on the Rangers top two? And if he doesn't then the Rangers are going down the overpaid second or third pair dman all over again. Just like Mjoinir says.
Steady Eddie
Posted 2017-06-17 5:18 AM (#676634 - in reply to #676578)

MVP

itsmcilrathtime - 2017-06-15 4:27 AM

Aren't you overdue for a banning?

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [35 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2017 PD9 Software