Home Page
 OTG

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Oscar Lindberg selected by Las Vegas
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [35 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Rangers -> Winter Is ComingMessage format

Mcphee
Posted 2017-06-22 3:07 PM (#676847 - in reply to #676823)
Subject: Re: Oscar Lindberg selected by Las Vegas

Rookie

concust - 2017-06-22 10:43 AM

x10003q - 2017-06-22 8:44 AM

Mcphee - 2017-06-21 10:10 PM

A bottom 6 penalty killer who scores 15 goals for 1.65mill? I'll take it. The speed also puts huge pressure on the opposing D. I hate losing Lindberg, but Grabner is an affordable asset for the Rangers.

He is for a year, but then he's UFA. Grabner will help the team more in the short term, Lindberg could have potentially anchored a 3C/4C for years. It's more about if you want to keep the player that's better in the short term, or the long term.

You can see that VGK chose some players in order to just flip them for more assets. From some teams they simply took "best available"/"highest value." I suspect they took Lindberg, who is generally unheralded/virtually unknown around the league, as longer term core player for their bottom 6. Otherwise I would think, they would have taken Grabner or Raanta in order to flip them.

Thank you.Your first paragragh is my exact point.Seems like some people don't understand,or are unwilling,to think about any season but the present one.Unless Gorton is able to make 3 to 4 winning trades over this summer,I don't see this team being anything but a Stanley Cup pretender this year.There seems to be no one in the system ready to step into a top 6 or top 4 defensive roll.I could easily see this years upcoming team as being weaker than last year.I say there is a 96% probability that Grabner is not on the team next year.Having him on the team this year may just help the team make one round of playoffs.Shortsightedness to me.

The Lindberg injury thing seems to be overdone too.I look at Grabner's career stats and he has many years where he doesn't play a full season,If it wasn't because of injuries I guess it was because he was sucking moose balls those years.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Mikey Red
Posted 2017-06-22 3:16 PM (#676848 - in reply to #676771)

All-Star

So if Lindbergh is on the team we win the Stanley Cup? come on already...we lost a bottom 6 forward get over it
Mcphee
Posted 2017-06-22 3:40 PM (#676849 - in reply to #676848)

Rookie

Nobody is saying that.But the problem with Rangers fans is 80% of them seem to only be able to focus on one season and don't give a damn about any future seasons.Do you see this team with Grabner winning the cup this year.I sure as s**t don't.Particularly when we have such a horrible goalie on the team for the next 3 or 4 years.You are one of Lundqvist's biggest haters on here so you certainly can't see them winning a Cup with him between the pipes.By the way Grabner is a bottom six forward too.Seems like too many fans are in love with a guy that only had 20 goals in a season twice before last year.If he had his normal 15-17 goal year last year,many wouldn't feel so much love for the guy.I would bet he scores closer to 16 goals this year than closer to 27.I think that maybe the league took him a little too lightly early on last year,or he found a magic scoring touch for 2 months and just as quickly lost that touch.
robstones
Posted 2017-06-22 5:34 PM (#676850 - in reply to #676771)

Legend

Grabner's speed and goal scoring are a bigger asset than Lindberg's.... idk grit? Errrr compete level? Consistency?

Lindberg, I liked.... but he's not just a bottom 6 forward, on this team he's a 4th line center. There's better 4th line centers than Lindberg available as UFAs

That isn't to say I'm in love with Grabner, but I DO believe this team is trying to win now still.... This window we have been talking about has not closed.
Mikey Red
Posted 2017-06-22 5:42 PM (#676852 - in reply to #676849)

All-Star

Mcphee - 2017-06-22 3:40 PM

Nobody is saying that.But the problem with Rangers fans is 80% of them seem to only be able to focus on one season and don't give a damn about any future seasons.Do you see this team with Grabner winning the cup this year.I sure as s**t don't.Particularly when we have such a horrible goalie on the team for the next 3 or 4 years.You are one of Lundqvist's biggest haters on here so you certainly can't see them winning a Cup with him between the pipes.By the way Grabner is a bottom six forward too.Seems like too many fans are in love with a guy that only had 20 goals in a season twice before last year.If he had his normal 15-17 goal year last year,many wouldn't feel so much love for the guy.I would bet he scores closer to 16 goals this year than closer to 27.I think that maybe the league took him a little too lightly early on last year,or he found a magic scoring touch for 2 months and just as quickly lost that touch.

Henrik is great...but he chokes in the clutch...You are crying about Lindbergh like he's Peter Forsberg...We are also in a win now window thats almost closed....Future is on the back burner a bit...I also would like them to see about taking the draft seriously....all 31 teams take Grabs over Lindbergh
Mcphee
Posted 2017-06-22 5:51 PM (#676853 - in reply to #676771)
Subject: RE: Oscar Lindberg selected by Las Vegas

Rookie

Everybody enjoy when Grabner leaves the team after the 2017-2018 season for no return and no Stanley Cup here.Once again unless Gorton pulls off 3 to 4 big time winning deals this team is a Stanley Cup Pretender this year.I don't understand why they didn't talk Staal into removing his NMC and trying to move him with a future pick or two to clear up the cap space.Another mistake.It's always go for it this year and f**k the future.I have been a fan of this team since the early 70's so I'm not talking out of my ass here,I've seen the same crap over and over.
Mcphee
Posted 2017-06-22 5:54 PM (#676854 - in reply to #676852)

Rookie

Mikey Red - 2017-06-22 7:42 PM

....all 31 teams take Grabs over Lindbergh
Every team but the Las Vegas Golden Knights I guess.
Mikey Red
Posted 2017-06-22 6:04 PM (#676855 - in reply to #676854)

All-Star

Mcphee - 2017-06-22 5:54 PM

Mikey Red - 2017-06-22 7:42 PM

....all 31 teams take Grabs over Lindbergh
Every team but the Las Vegas Golden Knights I guess.

Lol yep ...you know what I mean....ok most everybody
Rangerjunkie
Posted 2017-06-22 6:11 PM (#676856 - in reply to #676771)

All-Star

Linberg was only a 4th line center because AV is a MORON!! On an all-star Sweed team he was a top 6 player.....All comes back to one thing.....#FireAV
DaTeL
Posted 2017-06-23 7:33 AM (#676864 - in reply to #676771)

Legend

Would've preferred losing Grabner.

But you know what? It doesn't really matter as long as Chewbacca is the coach.
In fact, for Oscar it is much better to play for Vegas than for the dumbass behind our bench.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [35 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2017 PD9 Software