Home Page
 OTG

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ruff officially hired
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [35 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Rangers -> Winter Is ComingMessage format

Mjolnir
Posted 2017-07-13 8:48 AM (#677935 - in reply to #677930)
Subject: Re: Ruff officially hired

Legend

RANGERNUT - 2017-07-13 10:02 AM

M.E.S.S.I.E.R .....YEP, That's all I'm sayin

That won't work any better than Gretz in the desert.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Mikey Red
Posted 2017-07-13 8:56 AM (#677936 - in reply to #677796)

MVP

100%
Rangerjunkie
Posted 2017-07-13 9:00 AM (#677938 - in reply to #677932)

All-Star

Mikey Red - 2017-07-13 8:09 AM

What is Messier's experience as a tactician, button pusher behind the bench etc...? Oh the guarantee... what is he supposed to say? "We'll lose tonight? Michael Richter is the reason we won that game. Messier left us after 1997....They HATED him in Vancouver... he was the biggest doosh ever

Now you've done it!!! You have pushed me too far young man!

Everyone on that team said all that Messier had to do was give them and a look, and they knew what it meant. He demanded the best out of players and he got it! Greatest leader in any sport at any time. Does this translate into a good coach? No it doesn't....But you can guarantee the thing you complain about the most "players not riding the pine" Messier would have no problem sitting underachievers!

Oh, and the guarantee.......Didnt he score a hat trick that game?
Rangerjunkie
Posted 2017-07-13 9:01 AM (#677939 - in reply to #677796)

All-Star

Gretzky was not the leader Messier was......And almost no one could have done a good job with that group in the desert
Mikey Red
Posted 2017-07-13 9:03 AM (#677940 - in reply to #677796)

MVP

Lol Lol he did... He had a great 3rd period...while Richter saved us in the first 2 periods...I dont dispute what he meant to us then.....What is fact tho is that he was hated in Vancouver...total "me" guy.... I dont think he is Coach material anyway
Rangerjunkie
Posted 2017-07-13 9:09 AM (#677941 - in reply to #677796)

All-Star

I don't think he was a total "me" guy in Edmonton or in N.Y. I don't know what might have happened in Vancouver, but he always seemed like the ultimate "team" guy to me. I also believed he expected and demanded everyone else to be a "team" guy.......

Don't even answer back......Just move on!!
Rranger
Posted 2017-07-13 9:12 AM (#677942 - in reply to #677922)

All-Star

concust - 2017-07-13 4:07 AM

Blue404 - 2017-07-12 3:26 PM

concust - 2017-07-11 10:26 AM

Blue404 - 2017-07-10 10:05 PM

Perhaps he will replace AV behind the bench one day.(preferably sooner than later)

I'm not sure that's an upgrade

You are angry a bit here probably because Stephan is gone.
It was his time to change the scenery and perhaps it's time for AV as well.
We shall see.

I'm not angry because Stepan is gone, I'm disappointed because it leaves a huge hole at center that they didn't really have a plan to address. However it allowed the defense to get better, which is a larger, and more difficult to fix, problem. So I'm hoping they can throw some spackle on the hole for a year until something more permanent and significant can be done.

However don't try to conflate the issue here, my comment was regarding Ruff vs. Vigneault. I've said in the past that I want Vigneault gone, but if Ruff is the solution, I'm pointing out it's a poor solution. Just another "old boys club" coach who hops on the coaching merry-go-round when he's out of a job and finds another because he's got a name and a reputation.We sit here and accuse Vigneault of being hard headed and stubborn and unwilling/unable to adjust to both game situations and series situations. Well WTF do you think Ruff is like? You think he works with and develops kids, you think he doesn't trot out his same favorite veterans even if others are playing better? A switch to Ruff would be the exact same problems we have right now.

We are all awaiting your facts and inside info proving Ruff hasn't worked with or developed kids. That he trots out favourite veterans over kids playing better. That he's stubborn and unyielding. What a load.

Edited by Rranger 2017-07-13 9:25 AM
Mikey Red
Posted 2017-07-13 9:13 AM (#677943 - in reply to #677796)

MVP

http://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/mark-messier-the-most-hated-va...
Rangerjunkie
Posted 2017-07-13 9:28 AM (#677944 - in reply to #677943)

All-Star

SOOOOO.......It's Messiers fault Vancouver offered him a terrible contract (for them).... I can see where demanding #11 was maybe in bad taste, but I doubt HE is the one who stripped Linden of the captaincy. I think they thought they were getting the 28-30 year old Messier but instead got the 36 year old!

Still don't see a lot of me me in that article......

MOVE ON!
Rangerjunkie
Posted 2017-07-13 9:31 AM (#677945 - in reply to #677942)

All-Star

Rranger - 2017-07-13 9:12 AM

concust - 2017-07-13 4:07 AM

Blue404 - 2017-07-12 3:26 PM

concust - 2017-07-11 10:26 AM

Blue404 - 2017-07-10 10:05 PM

Perhaps he will replace AV behind the bench one day.(preferably sooner than later)

I'm not sure that's an upgrade

You are angry a bit here probably because Stephan is gone.
It was his time to change the scenery and perhaps it's time for AV as well.
We shall see.

I'm not angry because Stepan is gone, I'm disappointed because it leaves a huge hole at center that they didn't really have a plan to address. However it allowed the defense to get better, which is a larger, and more difficult to fix, problem. So I'm hoping they can throw some spackle on the hole for a year until something more permanent and significant can be done.

However don't try to conflate the issue here, my comment was regarding Ruff vs. Vigneault. I've said in the past that I want Vigneault gone, but if Ruff is the solution, I'm pointing out it's a poor solution. Just another "old boys club" coach who hops on the coaching merry-go-round when he's out of a job and finds another because he's got a name and a reputation.We sit here and accuse Vigneault of being hard headed and stubborn and unwilling/unable to adjust to both game situations and series situations. Well WTF do you think Ruff is like? You think he works with and develops kids, you think he doesn't trot out his same favorite veterans even if others are playing better? A switch to Ruff would be the exact same problems we have right now.

We are all awaiting your facts and inside info proving Ruff hasn't worked with or developed kids. That he trots out favourite veterans over kids playing better. That he's stubborn and unyielding. What a load.

Ruff coached in Buffalo for a very long time with barely any superstars and one of the lowest budgets in all of the NHL. All he had at times were kids, and yet they played hard every night. He also came within a foot in the crease of winning a cup. I doubt AV would've gotten that much out of the teams in Buffalo...
Rangerjunkie
Posted 2017-07-13 9:33 AM (#677947 - in reply to #677943)

All-Star

Just a BITTER beat writer...............
Mikey Red
Posted 2017-07-13 9:34 AM (#677948 - in reply to #677796)

MVP

Yeah that only tells some of the story.....There was no mention of the Gino Odgick part....He is not a Coach ...I dont want him as Coach....I shall move on
Rangerjunkie
Posted 2017-07-13 9:37 AM (#677949 - in reply to #677948)

All-Star

Mikey Red - 2017-07-13 9:34 AM

Yeah that only tells some of the story.....There was no mention of the Gino Odgick part....He is not a Coach ...I dont want him as Coach....I shall move on

Next thing you'll be saying is that Lundqvist sucks and is a choke artist........Oh wait a minute......
Mikey Red
Posted 2017-07-13 9:39 AM (#677950 - in reply to #677796)

MVP

Yeah I said that already... sub .500 record in the playoffs "the king"
RANGERNUT
Posted 2017-07-13 9:50 AM (#677951 - in reply to #677938)

All-Star

Rangerjunkie - 2017-07-13 9:00 AM

What is Messier's experience as a tactician, button pusher behind the bench etc...? Oh the guarantee... what is he supposed to say? "We'll lose tonight? Michael Richter is the reason we won that game. Messier left us after 1997....They HATED him in Vancouver... he was the biggest doosh ever

Everyone on that team said all that Messier had to do was give them and a look, and they knew what it meant. He demanded the best out of players and he got it! Greatest leader in any sport at any time. Does this translate into a good coach? No it doesn't....But you can guarantee the thing you complain about the most "players not riding the pine" Messier would have no problem sitting underachievers!

Please, your embarrassing yourself Red, Mess may be a lot of things but Douche is not one of them, perhaps you may want to look into what he's been up to over the past few years before you go off all half "cocked" ...and, anyone even remotely close to the Rangers knows that Messier took that cup team on his shoulders when Iron Mike crumbled like a cookie behind the bench. and you may be right his legendary leadership skills may not translate into being a great coach but to compare him to creampuff Gretz...laughable I say,, Laughable... There is one thing you can bank on if Messier ever gets a shot at being behind the bench... there will be no creampuff, lazy players on the ice for very long, ask Tony Amonte, Todd Marchant or Mike Gartner...oh and heres a quote from Neil Smith for you to chew on...

"I wasn't totally aware of the impact he would have," said Smith, now an analyst for NHL Network. "I knew he would have an impact on us because he'd won five Stanley Cups and been on all those Team Canadas and been a captain, and I knew he was the real deal. But when you see it first-hand and you live it, it's even more amazing.

"He had a huge influence on the franchise; more than even on the team, he left a mark on the franchise that's going to be there forever. His presence changed the team from being perennial losers to almost perennial winners"

check out this article that is a real good read IMO..
https://www.nhl.com/news/deadline-deals-sparked-rangers-1994-cup-run...

oh, back to your post... your willing to continue with AV or go with Ruff which will be more of the same (have I got that right) but your not willing to take a chance on the best leader in all of the history of sports...... Yikes....

Edited by RANGERNUT 2017-07-13 9:51 AM
Mjolnir
Posted 2017-07-13 9:50 AM (#677952 - in reply to #677938)

Legend

Rangerjunkie - 2017-07-13 11:00 AM

Sorry -- on ice personna and locker room presence does not automatically translate into good coaching material.
Mikey Red
Posted 2017-07-13 9:52 AM (#677953 - in reply to #677796)

MVP

Answer my original question.... what is his experience as a tactician and button pusher behind the bench? No one is disputing what he did when he was here
Mikey Red
Posted 2017-07-13 9:53 AM (#677954 - in reply to #677952)

MVP

Mjolnir - 2017-07-13 9:50 AM

Sorry -- on ice personna and locker room presence does not automatically translate into good coaching material.

Exactly.....Its truly amazing how many people think otherwise
Rangerjunkie
Posted 2017-07-13 10:14 AM (#677955 - in reply to #677952)

All-Star

Mjolnir - 2017-07-13 9:50 AM

Thats exactly what I said
Rangerjunkie
Posted 2017-07-13 10:17 AM (#677956 - in reply to #677950)

All-Star

Mikey Red - 2017-07-13 9:39 AM

Yeah I said that already... sub .500 record in the playoffs "the king"

I know ya did....I'm just MESSin with ya!!!
Mikey Red
Posted 2017-07-13 10:22 AM (#677957 - in reply to #677796)

MVP

Ok Gotcha
Rranger
Posted 2017-07-17 5:57 PM (#678081 - in reply to #677796)

All-Star

Somehow I think there is a lot more to this hire than than Scott Arniel putting in the word. You have to think somewhere along the line Schoenfeld and Drury were nvolved and of course Gorton would be involved.
Interesting they are going to have a brainstorming session before training camp to get Ruff's input on a team he doesn't know that well. Sounds like a plan double mint would come up with.
And of course telling Miller it's unlikely he will get time at center, will give him a boost of confidence, especially before training camp. Training camp is always a breath of optimism for younger players, especially younger ones looking to improve their impact on a team, which I'm sure Miller and others want. Vigneault did not need to say anything about it and let Miller get some games at center and let the best man win. Personally from what I've seen Miller is totally capable of outplaying Zibanejad and Hayes and with more grit than those two combined and doubled. So good luck with the brainstorming session boys sounds like double mints got it all figured out already.

http://nypost.com/2017/07/10/vigneault-doesnt-mind-working-with-man...

Edited by Rranger 2017-07-17 6:14 PM
Mikey Red
Posted 2017-07-17 6:27 PM (#678082 - in reply to #677796)

MVP

AV joked about forgetting who's on the bench in the playoffs in a game we blew....Thats unforgivable....I would of fired him for that.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [35 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2017 PD9 Software