Home Page
 OTG

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Chytil signed
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2 3 4
Now viewing page 2 [35 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Rangers -> Winter Is ComingMessage format

robstones
Posted 2017-07-17 7:22 PM (#678083 - in reply to #678047)
Subject: Re: Chytil signed

Legend

Mikey Red - 2017-07-16 12:43 AM

Kreider is a head case who I would trade tomorrow...I love JT but AV dont...He also needs to pick it up...and I dont know if you can call him a top 6 forward yet...Buch is an unknown...Skjei I love..he appears to be the real deal...Henrik is great but old now...and not clutch in the playoffs.... When are we gonna draft a Getzlaf and Perry? a Doughty and Kopitar? a Lidstrom and Datysuk?....a Shea Weber.?...Patrice Bergeron? .....We havent in 25 years...even in the bad old days of the late 90's and early 2000's with primo picks we have blown it ....They havent been able to hit water if they fell off a boat....thats why we havent won a G dam thing since 1994...hopefully Gordie can change it

His name is Henrik Lundqvist

He hasn't won a Cup, but let's not undervalue him. His career sv% is among the best in league history. Better than Roy.... Better than Brodeur....

The Rangers have been on deep runs since he's been here. There's been years that he was the main reason the team had any real success at all.

Is he still a Vezina contender? Probably not.... but his sv% was actually slighly better this past playoff than his average.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Mikey Red
Posted 2017-07-17 7:43 PM (#678084 - in reply to #677995)

MVP

Rob I hear ya and you have merit....But to go sv % route over guys who got it done and have rings is a stretch. He was awful in the Ott series. Like ive said before...The team gave him leads in many a playoff series that they ended up losing...He is a great goalie but for some reason in the clutch he hasn't gotten it done...2014 SCF we blew all 3 games out there with the leads...Johnny Quick was the real King
Mcphee
Posted 2017-07-17 7:55 PM (#678085 - in reply to #678084)

Rookie

I agree he was awful in the Ottawa series but he was the main reason we won the Montreal series.Completely outplayed Price and if I remember correctly,had a save % around 95.If you're gonna kill him for one series,you also have to give credit where credit is due.
Mikey Red
Posted 2017-07-17 7:57 PM (#678086 - in reply to #677995)

MVP

Yeah no doubt...he has stolen many many games for us...But we want the Cup and somewhere there is a disconnect that has us fans end up disappointed
Mcphee
Posted 2017-07-17 8:08 PM (#678087 - in reply to #678086)

Rookie

I agree,but I can't put all the blame on Lundqvist.I'm not a Lundqvist fan either,I think he gets too overrated by many.But I've become a bigger fan since Chewbacca has become the coach.Since that happened the defense in front of him has not been the same,and unforgiveable things like forgetting guys on the bench for periods at a time has happened.
Mikey Red
Posted 2017-07-17 8:09 PM (#678088 - in reply to #677995)

MVP

100% agree Mr. McPhee
x10003q
Posted 2017-07-17 9:07 PM (#678089 - in reply to #678047)

MVP

Mikey Red - 2017-07-17 6:33 PM
Yeah X...I didnt conveniently skip anything i specifically went back to the start of Gordies time running the show 2005...I didnt put up Cherapanov for obvious reasons......Giradi was undrafted...yes ...My whole point is what they have done WITH the draft...Korpikoski?...yawn...1st round pick bottom 6 forward...bad pick....Played for us for 1 year....That was part of the dreck we traded Brian Leetch away for....I loved Cally and Duby and wish they were still here.....They are borderline top 6 forwards...but with the right pieces from elsewhere etc...we were on the right track.. I hated Girardi since 2012 Playoffs and when he just stood there and watched Carcillo pummel Gaborik

I reference 2004 because in the post below you complained about the Rangers blowing the "early 2000's primo picks". Any draft choice who plays as many games as Korpikowski has to be considered a successful pick. The Rangers picked 3 guys in 2004 with way over 600 games. That is a great draft.

Mikey Red - 2017-07-16 12:43 AM
Kreider is a head case who I would trade tomorrow...I love JT but AV dont...He also needs to pick it up...and I dont know if you can call him a top 6 forward yet...Buch is an unknown...Skjei I love..he appears to be the real deal...Henrik is great but old now...and not clutch in the playoffs.... When are we gonna draft a Getzlaf and Perry? a Doughty and Kopitar? a Lidstrom and Datysuk?....a Shea Weber.?...Patrice Bergeron? .....We havent in 25 years...even in the bad old days of the late 90's and early 2000's with primo picks we have blown it ....They havent been able to hit water if they fell off a boat....thats why we havent won a G dam thing since 1994...hopefully Gordie can change it

Mikey Red
Posted 2017-07-17 9:19 PM (#678090 - in reply to #677995)

MVP

I hear ya....Yeah but in that other post I was referring to Gordies time...Yes I say go back 25 years....Brendl/Lundmark within the top 10 1999...Jessiman 2003 ....unending list of 1st round guys that never made it......2004 is a success because they landed Duby and Cally...2 second to third line guys....unfortunately with 2 picks in Rd 1...they took Montoya and Korrpo.. 2 busts ....Your 1st rd pick should not be a 4th liner or a career backup goalie...No way can you say NYR is a successful drafting team...This team has always gone the trade/free agent route
Mikey Red
Posted 2017-07-17 9:20 PM (#678091 - in reply to #677995)

MVP

Hence...no SC in a very long time now
Shattenkirk NYR
Posted 2017-07-18 4:56 AM (#678097 - in reply to #677995)

Rookie

The main way to get guys like Kane and Toews and Malkin and Sid and OV is to suck and pick 1st or 2nd or 3rd. We are never really bad enough to pick that high. We f'd up the one time we had the 4th pick NO DOUBT, but we haven't been in the top 3 in a LONG time. Sure you can find a diamond later in the 1st like Perry and Getzlaf with the Ducks, but that is rare. For every Perry and Getzlaf I can name 200 picks that didn't work out from pick 5 on let's say.

I think you are setting up this bar that is unfair. I also don't think you are fully grasping how inexact a science drafting is. You are acting as if picks in the teens and 20's should automatically be very good NHL players, and maybe stars as you are saying, because they were 1sit round picks. That isn't how it works sadly. Having an NHL career like Korpo has had as the 19th pick is a huge success. And again for every 19th pick, or 38th pick or 93rd pick you use to say see look how great so and so is, I can give you hundreds of picks at that spot that didn't work out.

I think you are overrating the ability to get difference maker players outside of the top 3 or 4 picks. And undervaluing getting good solid long time NHL players with picks in the teens and 20's and beyond.

It is also why I don't flip out when the Rangers deal the 26th pick in a draft. I didn't like all the deals we made with those 1st round picks. I of course rather have the 24th pick than not have it, but I also know picking in the 20's isn't even close to a guarantee the player will be an NHL player, let alone a very good player.

So if your bar is look the Rangers haven't been able to get a difference maker in the draft under Clark, I'll say of course not look at where they have picked when they kept their 1st round pick (which limited his number of chances to strike gold on a pick). And we did draft Hank, which is our gold, so that is huge also.

Drafting in any sport is a crapshoot. And in the NHL the %'s you find a difference maker outside the top 3 or 4 are not good.

Edited by Shattenkirk NYR 2017-07-18 4:57 AM
robstones
Posted 2017-07-18 7:04 AM (#678099 - in reply to #678084)

Legend

Mikey Red - 2017-07-17 9:43 PM

Rob I hear ya and you have merit....But to go sv % route over guys who got it done and have rings is a stretch. He was awful in the Ott series. Like ive said before...The team gave him leads in many a playoff series that they ended up losing...He is a great goalie but for some reason in the clutch he hasn't gotten it done...2014 SCF we blew all 3 games out there with the leads...Johnny Quick was the real King

Sure but Girardi and the team are just as much to blame if not more so. Terrible turnovers and blown coverage!!

If The Rangers won The Cup, who would have gotten The Conn Smythe?
robstones
Posted 2017-07-18 7:12 AM (#678100 - in reply to #677995)

Legend

Well said Shatt

And I really have a good feeling about Lias Andersson. I feel like he could be a captain in the future. The comparissons are being made to Chris Drury, and I see it, only he's a little bigger and a little faster....

We'll see. Drury didn't have a rookie season until he was 22, Andersson is going to be 19 this season....
Mikey Red
Posted 2017-07-18 7:13 AM (#678101 - in reply to #678097)

MVP

Shattenkirk NYR - 2017-07-18 4:56 AM

The main way to get guys like Kane and Toews and Malkin and Sid and OV is to suck and pick 1st or 2nd or 3rd. We are never really bad enough to pick that high. We f'd up the one time we had the 4th pick NO DOUBT, but we haven't been in the top 3 in a LONG time. Sure you can find a diamond later in the 1st like Perry and Getzlaf with the Ducks, but that is rare. For every Perry and Getzlaf I can name 200 picks that didn't work out from pick 5 on let's say.

I think you are setting up this bar that is unfair. I also don't think you are fully grasping how inexact a science drafting is. You are acting as if picks in the teens and 20's should automatically be very good NHL players, and maybe stars as you are saying, because they were 1sit round picks. That isn't how it works sadly. Having an NHL career like Korpo has had as the 19th pick is a huge success. And again for every 19th pick, or 38th pick or 93rd pick you use to say see look how great so and so is, I can give you hundreds of picks at that spot that didn't work out.

I think you are overrating the ability to get difference maker players outside of the top 3 or 4 picks. And undervaluing getting good solid long time NHL players with picks in the teens and 20's and beyond.

It is also why I don't flip out when the Rangers deal the 26th pick in a draft. I didn't like all the deals we made with those 1st round picks. I of course rather have the 24th pick than not have it, but I also know picking in the 20's isn't even close to a guarantee the player will be an NHL player, let alone a very good player.

So if your bar is look the Rangers haven't been able to get a difference maker in the draft under Clark, I'll say of course not look at where they have picked when they kept their 1st round pick (which limited his number of chances to strike gold on a pick). And we did draft Hank, which is our gold, so that is huge also.

Drafting in any sport is a crapshoot. And in the NHL the %'s you find a difference maker outside the top 3 or 4 are not good.

I understand what you are saying but all I am saying is that NYR has had very little to no success with their Top of the draft picks for a long time...Korpokoski has carved out a decent career...but you dont take a player like that in the 1st round...He is a bottom 6 forward...you pick that guy in later rounds. Yes we were fortunate to pick Henrik...Things are starting to improve under Gordie..But he has swung and missed big time too with some picks...2006 He took Sanguinetti.... could of had Giroux...2010 he took Mclrath...could of had Fowler or Tarasenko

Edited by Mikey Red 2017-07-18 7:25 AM
Mikey Red
Posted 2017-07-18 7:15 AM (#678103 - in reply to #678100)

MVP

robstones - 2017-07-18 7:12 AM

Well said Shatt

And I really have a good feeling about Lias Andersson. I feel like he could be a captain in the future. The comparissons are being made to Chris Drury, and I see it, only he's a little bigger and a little faster....

We'll see. Drury didn't have a rookie season until he was 22, Andersson is going to be 19 this season....

You got him as Captain already?
Mikey Red
Posted 2017-07-18 7:20 AM (#678105 - in reply to #677995)

MVP

Shatt...Late 90's early 2000's we were indeed bad enough
x10003q
Posted 2017-07-18 8:12 AM (#678116 - in reply to #678101)

MVP

Mikey Red - 2017-07-18 9:13 AM

Shattenkirk NYR - 2017-07-18 4:56 AM

I understand what you are saying but all I am saying is that NYR has had very little to no success with their Top of the draft picks for a long time...Korpokoski has carved out a decent career...but you dont take a player like that in the 1st round...He is a bottom 6 forward...you pick that guy in later rounds. Yes we were fortunate to pick Henrik...Things are starting to improve under Gordie..But he has swung and missed big time too with some picks...2006 He took Sanguinetti.... could of had Giroux...2010 he took Mclrath...could of had Fowler or Tarasenko

But we are making the analysis with the benefit of 20/20 hindsight. When they picked Korpikowski at age 18 with the 19th pick, they could only hope that he would be a top 6. The fact that he has had a long, successful, bottom 6 career means they weren't far off. Let's also not forget the horrible dislocated left knee cap injury that sidelined McIlrath in 2012 for 1 year. As mentioned by many, when you get out of the top few picks, it is a crap shoot.
robstones
Posted 2017-07-18 8:35 AM (#678117 - in reply to #678103)

Legend

Mikey Red - 2017-07-18 9:15 AM

Well said Shatt

Yeah, it's just a feeling. He carries himself well, and seems like a real work horse. I think he's going to be a big part of the organization for a long time.
Mikey Red
Posted 2017-07-18 8:44 AM (#678118 - in reply to #677995)

MVP

Yes X no doubt....Korpo made it to a legit NHL career...and the hope he was gonna be a top 6 was sincere of course....But what Im saying is that NYR always seems to strike out with their top picks.....2003 Hugh Jessiman...All anybody knew he was a forward at Dartmouth who wasnt even playing hockey that long at the time he was picked...And Glen Sathers TV interview after the pick was priceless....That draft will go down as one of the single greatest draft in NHL history....and we didnt strike out...we drowned.... 2010 Mclrath....yes he blew out his knee...But at the draft itself that night...Pierre did not like the pick and called him a project....and he wasnt even near the 10th ranked player in the draft....We want to win the SC....Doing it like that aint gonna get it done. We are tired of getting our balls broken by Isle and Debbie fans...I hope the FIOS is not acting up on you.
Mikey Red
Posted 2017-07-18 8:45 AM (#678119 - in reply to #678117)

MVP

robstones - 2017-07-18 8:35 AM

Well said Shatt

Yeah, it's just a feeling. He carries himself well, and seems like a real work horse. I think he's going to be a big part of the organization for a long time.

I hope you are right...Its time to win the SC
robstones
Posted 2017-07-18 9:00 AM (#678120 - in reply to #678105)

Legend

Mikey Red - 2017-07-18 9:20 AM

Shatt...Late 90's early 2000's we were indeed bad enough

We were never worst in the league. We were a bubble team who'd ultimately not make the playoffs for a while.

We were in the lottery for Crosby....

Our worst years were when we drafted

Brendl, Malholtra, Montoya

But Gordie wasn't here then....

Anisimov
Hagelin
Del Zotto
Stepan
Weise
Kreider
Fast
JT Miller
Skjei
Duclair
Buchnevich

Have all been drafted under Gordie and seen relative success

Others are cooking
Graves
Shesterkin
Gropp
Day

now Chytil and Andersson

Sean Day could pan out to be that guy you're looking for with elite level talent.

But the Crosby's, Getzlafs, and Karlssons of the world are called special players for a reason. They aren't easily attained.

Edited by robstones 2017-07-18 9:02 AM
Mikey Red
Posted 2017-07-18 9:22 AM (#678123 - in reply to #677995)

MVP

2003 Getzlaf and Perry were there for us...We took the new kid at Dartmouth...Brendl and Lundmark the #4 and #9 pick that year....that list you have up is not winning the SC
Mikey Red
Posted 2017-07-18 9:25 AM (#678125 - in reply to #677995)

MVP

Lets hope the guys cooking are the real deal
sureshore
Posted 2017-07-18 1:36 PM (#678134 - in reply to #678084)

All-Star

Read one of your posts in a separate thread that it doesn't take an elite goalie to win a cup. Yet you continue to lay Rangers failure to do so on Lundqvist. I'm confused
sureshore
Posted 2017-07-18 1:51 PM (#678135 - in reply to #678123)

All-Star

Mikey Red - 2017-07-18 11:22 AM

2003 Getzlaf and Perry were there for us...We took the new kid at Dartmouth...Brendl and Lundmark the #4 and #9 pick that year....that list you have up is not winning the SC

Yeah - they f'd up on Getzlaff but Perry was nowhere on pre-draft lists.

http://www.thedraftanalyst.com/rankings/year-to-year-central-scouti...

Jessiman was clearly the worst pick in one of the deepest drafts the NHL has ever seen. Basically only 1 other team with a miss in round 1.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/nhl2003e.html
Mikey Red
Posted 2017-07-18 1:51 PM (#678136 - in reply to #678134)

MVP

sureshore - 2017-07-18 1:36 PM

Read one of your posts in a separate thread that it doesn't take an elite goalie to win a cup. Yet you continue to lay Rangers failure to do so on Lundqvist. I'm confused

Yes The Pens and Wings won cups with non elite Goaltending........Our team have blown playoff leads....with an elite goalie...He's just not elite in the big spot...Its time to realize it
Mikey Red
Posted 2017-07-18 2:01 PM (#678137 - in reply to #678135)

MVP

sureshore - 2017-07-18 1:51 PM

Jessiman was clearly the worst pick in one of the deepest drafts the NHL has ever seen. Basically only 1 other team with a miss in round 1.

Yep 2003 will be one of if not...the single greatest draft in NHL draft...and we took someone who was a complete unknown....then on TV after the pick..Sather has a look of complete bewilderment on his face...He should of been fired after that because his famous line is "with the Rangers payroll I would win the Cup every year" Terrible F'n GM
Rranger
Posted 2017-07-18 2:27 PM (#678138 - in reply to #677995)

All-Star

Hugh Jessiman was Tom Renney's pick all the way.
Mikey Red
Posted 2017-07-18 3:32 PM (#678143 - in reply to #677995)

MVP

Renney should of been shot on site then....Hall of famers in that draft and he picks an unknown from F'n Dartmouth
concust
Posted 2017-07-18 5:58 PM (#678148 - in reply to #678117)

Legend

robstones - 2017-07-18 9:35 AM

Well said Shatt

Yeah, so did ex-future captain Manny Malhotra.

itsmcilrathtime
Posted 2017-07-19 11:28 AM (#678174 - in reply to #677995)

Scorer

Maholtra actually was one of the best faceoff, defensive forwards with some offense in the league before his eye deal. There were only 4 players in the first round after he was picked that had more points than him. Best player in that draft came in the 6th round. Malhotra was a moronic comparison to Andersson. He was never in a PPG player in juniors. I loved the Andersson pick. Relentless motor. Let's face it. A lot of our forwards are lazy bastards. He does everything at a high level. Not elite but high. If you look at that first round. Maholtra was actually one of the better picks. That draft sucked. I was not a fan of the 2017 draft. I think the Rangers made the best pick of the 1st round from where they picked. Laughed at the dopes criticizing it. That draft has a lot of busts written all over it in the first round. Andersson was the safest pick in that first round. Chytil was the best gamble in the first round. Wish they kept their second but what can you do. I like Smith on this team.
sureshore
Posted 2017-07-19 12:15 PM (#678176 - in reply to #678137)

All-Star

Mikey Red - 2017-07-18 4:01 PM

sureshore - 2017-07-18 1:51 PM

Yep 2003 will be one of if not...the single greatest draft in NHL draft...and we took someone who was a complete unknown....then on TV after the pick..Sather has a look of complete bewilderment on his face...He should of been fired after that because his famous line is "with the Rangers payroll I would win the Cup every year" Terrible F'n GM

Just to be clear, Jessiman pick sucked but he was not a complete unknown, as the pre-draft rankings had him at #20 for NA skaters in 2003 draft, above Jeff Carter, Mike Richards, Patrice Bergeron, Brent Seabrook and of course the beloved Corey Perry who wasn't ranked in the top 30. My opinion - the Rangers reached at #12 but Jessiman had a very good chance of going later in round 1 to another team

Edited by sureshore 2017-07-19 12:17 PM
Mikey Red
Posted 2017-07-19 12:32 PM (#678177 - in reply to #677995)

MVP

Perhaps Sure....Im sure his size helped him with his ranking....How do you take a kid from Dartmouth over a Juniors kid? with your 1st pick
Vua
Posted 2017-07-19 1:28 PM (#678179 - in reply to #678177)

All-Star

Mikey Red - 2017-07-19 12:32 PM

Perhaps Sure....Im sure his size helped him with his ranking....How do you take a kid from Dartmouth over a Juniors kid? with your 1st pick

Plenty of good players choose college over juniors so they can play against more physically mature players. And yes that includes Canadian players.
Mikey Red
Posted 2017-07-19 1:34 PM (#678180 - in reply to #677995)

MVP

No doubt about that....But just not Dartmouth with your 2003 1st rd pick in a HOF draft
robstones
Posted 2017-07-19 1:44 PM (#678181 - in reply to #678180)

Legend

Mikey Red - 2017-07-19 3:34 PM

No doubt about that....But just not Dartmouth with your 2003 1st rd pick in a HOF draft

Which is why they revamped the scouting and player development staff, and ever since Gordie has taken over, he's done a good job for us with what we've had.
Jump to page : 1 2 3 4
Now viewing page 2 [35 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2017 PD9 Software