Home Page
 OTG

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

what The Rangers Will Look Like In 2020
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [35 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Rangers -> Winter Is ComingMessage format

jobat317
Posted 2017-08-17 1:14 PM (#679260)
Subject: what The Rangers Will Look Like In 2020

Prospect

Found this article at thn.com and thought I'd share it here

http://www.thehockeynews.com/news/article/2020-vision-what-the-new-...

Some pretty insightful lines of thought here. Homework was done and I don't see it as being to far off the mark. What do you guys think?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Mjolnir
Posted 2017-08-17 1:28 PM (#679262 - in reply to #679260)
Subject: Re: what The Rangers Will Look Like In 2020

Legend

We just had a discussion on this in the NYR Draft thread.....the fact that Puempel is in that lineup (especially on 3rd line) shows what a joke it is. I also think Kreider is gone by then as well as Henrik.
jobat317
Posted 2017-08-17 1:36 PM (#679263 - in reply to #679260)

Prospect

I certainly believe that Henrik will be gone by that time also. This will be a HUGE season for CK. If he can't play at a high level on a consistent basis, he will be moved. Moving McD before he re-ups is also something I can see as well. There are one or two really good looking young Dmen in the system. If Skjei continues to improve, he becomes the #1 guy. Moves like that will free up precious cap space as well to keep the young core intact. CK may be the piece used to finally get a true 1c here,
Mikey Red
Posted 2017-08-17 1:43 PM (#679264 - in reply to #679260)

All-Star

I would trade Kreider right now...He is a head case...go get Mackinnon
You have to trade Mac before he is UFA...just the way it is. Go get Trouba...our young D men are unknowns
concust
Posted 2017-08-18 7:15 AM (#679295 - in reply to #679260)

Legend

Henrik, I don't see getting moved unless the rest of the team looks like it can't compete, and then he wants out. Of course his NMC virtually guarantees this also.

Kreider will never be able to play at a consistent basis. He never has in his career, even dating back to his BC days. This seems to be the reality of his playing style, if we can't stomach it then by all means move him. But as of now, 50ish points for a guy who's been a 20-30 goal scorer his entire time in NY, isn't a bad deal by any stretch. So I would not be looking to proactively move him unless the right deal came along.

Agree with Jobby, if Skjei can take the #1 job in the next couple of years, you look to move McDonagh. However this is situational - if Skjei doesn't show that potential, if some other younger guys are delayed in their development, if some prospects flame out - then organizationally I can see that the Rangers may be in a position where re-signing McDonagh is the only realistic option. It's happened before where we've been painted into a corner, it's what happens when you lack adequate prospect depth to push up through the system.

Mikey Red
Posted 2017-08-18 10:56 AM (#679301 - in reply to #679260)

All-Star

I think Kreider can get you Mackinnon...Kreider has every tool in the box but doesnt use it...very frustratiing...guy is 6'2" 230 with power and speed
Mcphee
Posted 2017-08-18 10:58 AM (#679302 - in reply to #679295)

Rookie

concust - 2017-08-18 9:15 AM

Agree with Jobby, if Skjei can take the #1 job in the next couple of years, you look to move McDonagh. However this is situational - if Skjei doesn't show that potential, if some other younger guys are delayed in their development, if some prospects flame out - then organizationally I can see that the Rangers may be in a position where re-signing McDonagh is the only realistic option. It's happened before where we've been painted into a corner, it's what happens when you lack adequate prospect depth to push up through the system.

I think something else may figure into the Mcdonagh contract situation too.If Skjei looks like he can come close or possibly replace Mcdonagh after this year,along with the defensive depth they have right now,moving Mcdonagh becomes much more a reality.If Tavares becomes a free agent the money they save with Nash coming off the books,along with Mcdonagh possibly being moved for prospects might make resigning the teams free agents and getting a true first line center a reality.I'm not looking to move Mcdonagh just for the purpose of moving him,it needs to be a way to improve the team.
jobat317
Posted 2017-08-18 11:04 AM (#679303 - in reply to #679260)

Prospect

Avs are looking to move Duschene though and he wants out of there. I'd rather MacKinnon over Duschene anyday. But right now grab one of them even if it means moving CK and one of the young Dmen in the system. Avs hurting badly on blueline.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [35 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2017 PD9 Software