Home Page
 OTG

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Preseason Game 1: New York Islanders at New York Rangers - 9/18/17 - 7pm MSG
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 3 [35 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Rangers -> Winter Is ComingMessage format

robstones
Posted 2017-09-19 4:54 PM (#680312 - in reply to #680305)
Subject: Re: Pre-season Rangers Vs Islander 9/18/17

Legend

concust - 2017-09-19 5:14 PM

I understand the intent of the rule but it's too strict as written. They're going to risk swinging the outcome of a game just because a winger didn't get his stick down in time for a faceoff? Punishment doesn't fit the crime. You're making a faceoff violation the equivalent of checking from behind.

Delay of game should be at the ref's discretion for pretty much every case.

I don't like that a puck leaving play is automatic.... Most of the time... certainly if it's intentional, but some plays are flukey.

Did it graze the boards? Did it get tipped? Now they're wasting time discussing it, and reviewing it.... Just drop the puck!

Glad they're trying to get rid of slashes to the hands and wrists, but I could see that getting too much too....
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Vua
Posted 2017-09-19 4:59 PM (#680315 - in reply to #680306)

All-Star

itsmcilrathtime - 2017-09-19 3:16 PM

Are you blind Fish? Nieves was atrocious. He is not in any way, an NHL player.

I'm sure his eyes work better than yours if you thought he played badly. Then again, Fish doesn't have to worry about looking bad if he makes the team, unlike someone else here that has been ranting about him for years.
itsmcilrathtime
Posted 2017-09-19 7:02 PM (#680325 - in reply to #680166)

Regular

Vua, wouldn't know talent if came up to you and cut your pecker off. You dumb bastards have been talking about how all our prospects suck for years. The few prospects you rave about are crap like Hrvik in the minors because they try hard. Same ****, different year on this board.
Vua
Posted 2017-09-19 8:39 PM (#680329 - in reply to #680325)

All-Star

itsmcilrathtime - 2017-09-19 7:02 PM

Vua, wouldn't know talent if came up to you and cut your pecker off. You dumb bastards have been talking about how all our prospects suck for years. The few prospects you rave about are crap like Hrvik in the minors because they try hard. Same ****, different year on this board.

We've covered this already. I don't watch Junior, College, or AHL hockey. I never claim to know anything about prospects because I don't watch them. I only see them in games like this or when they finally get moved to the NHL and my opinion is based completely on those games. I never raved about a prospect. Ever. Though I do occasionally hope one makes the team based on your opposition to them. You on the other hand pretend to be an expert, though your track record suggests otherwise.

Edited by Vua 2017-09-19 8:41 PM
x10003q
Posted 2017-09-20 11:03 AM (#680347 - in reply to #680312)

MVP

robstones - 2017-09-19 6:54 PM

I understand the intent of the rule but it's too strict as written. They're going to risk swinging the outcome of a game just because a winger didn't get his stick down in time for a faceoff? Punishment doesn't fit the crime. You're making a faceoff violation the equivalent of checking from behind.

I don't like that a puck leaving play is automatic.... Most of the time... certainly if it's intentional, but some plays are flukey.

Did it graze the boards? Did it get tipped? Now they're wasting time discussing it, and reviewing it.... Just drop the puck!

Glad they're trying to get rid of slashes to the hands and wrists, but I could see that getting too much too....

They will be calling the slashes to the hands and wrists until Jan 1. After Jan 1 they will only make the call in the first 2 periods. As we get closer to the playoffs, when teams that are out of the playoffs play each other, they will continue to make the call for the first 2 periods. If there are potential playoff teams playing, the call will only be allowed 1 time in the first 2 periods. Once the playoffs start, they will revert to no calls unless it is so obvious that we have to call it or a superstar gets hurt.
concust
Posted 2017-09-20 11:43 AM (#680349 - in reply to #680347)

Legend

x10003q - 2017-09-20 12:03 PM

robstones - 2017-09-19 6:54 PM

They will be calling the slashes to the hands and wrists until Jan 1. After Jan 1 they will only make the call in the first 2 periods. As we get closer to the playoffs, when teams that are out of the playoffs play each other, they will continue to make the call for the first 2 periods. If there are potential playoff teams playing, the call will only be allowed 1 time in the first 2 periods. Once the playoffs start, they will revert to no calls unless it is so obvious that we have to call it or a superstar gets hurt.

This sounds about right actually

Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 3 [35 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2017 PD9 Software