Home Page
 OTG

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Game 30: Dallas Stars @ New York Rangers 12/11/17 - 7pm - MSG
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2 3 4 5
Now viewing page 5 [35 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Rangers -> Winter Is ComingMessage format

LeetchyMrRanger
Posted 2017-12-11 8:35 PM (#690102 - in reply to #689959)
Subject: Re: Game 30: Dallas Stars @ New York Rangers 12/11/17 - 7pm - MSG

All-Star

I thought it was bubblelicious.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
RANGERNUT
Posted 2017-12-12 4:46 AM (#690108 - in reply to #689959)

All-Star

Rangers looked like a complete mess in ugly loss
By Larry Brooks December 12, 2017 | 12:35am

Yes this team is exactly what their record sez they are...."an out of the playoffs team" ! rn

Hey Mikey, get a load of this.....

If you believe that the Rangers “earned” the point they wound up with in Monday’s 2-1 shootout defeat to the Stars at the Garden, then your definition of the term is far more generous than just about anyone else’s. And that includes Alain Vigneault, the coach of the team who presided over the shortest postgame press briefing of his five-year tenure on Broadway. Indeed, it was almost Tortorella-esque, minus the invective.

“Pavs played unreal and because of his performance we were able to get a point. Other than that, we weren’t good. I think I summed it up pretty good there.
“Thanks, guys.”

It was an abomination, that’s what it was for the Blueshirts, outshot 16-5 through the first period, 33-10 through the second, 41-19 through regulation and 45-25 overall. Those numbers were almost flattering compared to the five-on-five shot-attempt stats that were 34-12 (against) through one, 55-20 through two and 75-35 total.

and more from Brooksie on the game ..
"The Blueshirts appeared inert from the drop of the puck, which they rarely possessed"
"the Rangers seemed to have no idea what (or who) was coming"

https://nypost.com/2017/12/12/rangers-looked-like-a-complete-mess-in...

Edited by RANGERNUT 2017-12-12 4:48 AM
Rangerjunkie
Posted 2017-12-12 6:04 AM (#690109 - in reply to #689959)

All-Star

Frustrating to say the least. This team comes out flat way too often.
Mikey Red
Posted 2017-12-12 7:47 AM (#690110 - in reply to #690108)

Legend

RANGERNUT - 2017-12-12 6:46 AM

Rangers looked like a complete mess in ugly loss
By Larry Brooks December 12, 2017 | 12:35am

Yes this team is exactly what their record sez they are...."an out of the playoffs team" ! rn

Hey Mikey, get a load of this.....

If you believe that the Rangers “earned” the point they wound up with in Monday’s 2-1 shootout defeat to the Stars at the Garden, then your definition of the term is far more generous than just about anyone else’s. And that includes Alain Vigneault, the coach of the team who presided over the shortest postgame press briefing of his five-year tenure on Broadway. Indeed, it was almost Tortorella-esque, minus the invective.

“Pavs played unreal and because of his performance we were able to get a point. Other than that, we weren’t good. I think I summed it up pretty good there.
“Thanks, guys.”

It was an abomination, that’s what it was for the Blueshirts, outshot 16-5 through the first period, 33-10 through the second, 41-19 through regulation and 45-25 overall. Those numbers were almost flattering compared to the five-on-five shot-attempt stats that were 34-12 (against) through one, 55-20 through two and 75-35 total.

and more from Brooksie on the game ..
"The Blueshirts appeared inert from the drop of the puck, which they rarely possessed"
"the Rangers seemed to have no idea what (or who) was coming"

https://nypost.com/2017/12/12/rangers-looked-like-a-complete-mess-in...

Hahaha...thats funny..I was just reading the article before coming on...I was watching the game from afar and distracted and stuff last night....I only could tell that Dallas always had the puck
Mikey Red
Posted 2017-12-12 8:00 AM (#690112 - in reply to #689959)

Legend

Day no way being picked as one of the shooters doesnt surprise me with AV...He's a dope....And yes you HAVE to trade MacDonagh at some point this year or next
Mjolnir
Posted 2017-12-12 8:18 AM (#690113 - in reply to #690112)

Legend

As someone else here and Micheletti (was it him) noted was that Hitch had the Stars playing defense. He even illustrated a sequence in the second period where he pointed out where every time a Ranger player got the puck in the offensive zone, a Star play was immediately on the player with the puck -- unlike the Rangers who stand around and watch players skate in their end with the puck ad naseum without a Ranger going near them (much less checking and/or putting the body on them).
Mikey Red
Posted 2017-12-12 9:47 AM (#690115 - in reply to #689959)

Legend

Pavelic had a good game last nite...He deserved 1st star...Maybe he found his game?
x10003q
Posted 2017-12-12 11:24 AM (#690117 - in reply to #690115)

MVP

Mikey Red - 2017-12-12 11:47 AM

Pavelic had a good game last nite...He deserved 1st star...Maybe he found his game?

Benoit Allaire found Pavelec's game
Rranger
Posted 2017-12-12 1:44 PM (#690118 - in reply to #690109)

MVP

Rangerjunkie - 2017-12-12 5:04 AM

Something’s amiss in the room. If McDonagh is hurt that’s one thing. Or is he pissed he’s playing second fiddle to Shattenkirk on the power play, and pouting. He’s definitely not himself. If I’m him watching Shattenkirk get the ice no matter how many mistakes he makes, I’d be shaking my head wondering what certain Ranger players have to do to get sat, because some have a unlimited leash. McD is not himself at all. Might be injuries, if it is he should be sitting.
Might be some of that and Double mints nice guy approach has just wore off and it’s time for another ass kicker coach. To many underperforming players, when Fast is your offensive weapon, and out on the ice in overtime you just shake your head. This team with Zibanejad in and the midget out is rock solid up front and can come at you in waves when going. The defense has some obvious issues that need addressing, but perhaps a coaching change addresses some of the issues. When your third pair Staal and Smith are often out defending the first two pairs something has to give.
Vua
Posted 2017-12-12 2:21 PM (#690119 - in reply to #690118)

All-Star

Rranger - 2017-12-12 1:44 PM

Something’s amiss in the room. If McDonagh is hurt that’s one thing. Or is he pissed he’s playing second fiddle to Shattenkirk on the power play, and pouting. He’s definitely not himself. If I’m him watching Shattenkirk get the ice no matter how many mistakes he makes, I’d be shaking my head wondering what certain Ranger players have to do to get sat, because some have a unlimited leash. McD is not himself at all. Might be injuries, if it is he should be sitting.
Might be some of that and Double mints nice guy approach has just wore off and it’s time for another ass kicker coach. To many underperforming players, when Fast is your offensive weapon, and out on the ice in overtime you just shake your head. This team with Zibanejad in and the midget out is rock solid up front and can come at you in waves when going. The defense has some obvious issues that need addressing, but perhaps a coaching change addresses some of the issues. When your third pair Staal and Smith are often out defending the first two pairs something has to give.

If you punished defenseman because of mistakes in their zone, they would all be wearing suits instead of sweaters more often than not. McDonagh has looked as bad as the rest of them.
Mikey Red
Posted 2017-12-12 4:00 PM (#690120 - in reply to #690117)

Legend

x10003q - 2017-12-12 1:24 PM

Mikey Red - 2017-12-12 11:47 AM

Benoit Allaire found Pavelec's game

Haha yeah that’s the more likely scenario
Rangerjunkie
Posted 2017-12-12 4:50 PM (#690121 - in reply to #690118)

All-Star

I believe the last 2-3 games Shattenkirk has seen less ice time than any other DMan on the Rangers
Vua
Posted 2017-12-12 5:05 PM (#690122 - in reply to #690121)

All-Star

Rangerjunkie - 2017-12-12 4:50 PM

I believe the last 2-3 games Shattenkirk has seen less ice time than any other DMan on the Rangers

Take what you will from shot attempts. The Rangers were a -45 in shot attempt differential last night and McDonagh was a team worst -34. That performance makes anything Girardi had done the last 4 years seem superhuman by comparison. It was beyond a shooting gallery when he was out there last night. The entire defensive unit has been horrendous. There is no difference right now between our defensemen. They have all been horrible. And Shatt saw the least ice time against the Devils. The other 2 games he was 3rd and 4th in ice time.
Mikey Red
Posted 2017-12-12 5:19 PM (#690123 - in reply to #690122)

Legend

Yep 5 on 5 in the D zone we always look like we are killing a penalty ....It’s also too easy to enter the zone on us....Shattenkirk yes has offensive qualities to his game but he is a fn horrible defenseman....NOT what we needed
Rranger
Posted 2017-12-12 6:38 PM (#690124 - in reply to #689959)

MVP

The talent on defense is not terrible. To me there is a disconnect between forwards positioning themselves along the boards around the hash marks, to help out their defenseman in the corner battling for the puck, and give that dman a easy out with the puck. From there on it’s on the winger to make sure he completes a pass to a moving player he knows will get the puck out of the zone or just chip it out. This Grabner crap the last couple of games passing pucks inside the zone cross ice to a stationary player is beyond stupid and as a coach unacceptable. The one instance a suprised Zyccarello couldn’t handle it and in the net she goes. So many times Ranger defenseman battle their ass off to control the puck and move it up the strong side boards and no one is there and the puck goes to the opposition defensemen. That stuff is so fundamental it’s disgusting the Rangers can’t do it. The amount of time they spent in their end chasing Dallas last night was amateurish.
Dallas proved if you execute against the Rangers it’s easy street, we’re it not for Pavlec it could have easily been 5 or 6 to 1.

Edited by Rranger 2017-12-12 6:44 PM
PV29
Posted 2017-12-12 6:48 PM (#690125 - in reply to #690119)

Vua - 2017-12-12 4:21 PM

If you punished defenseman because of mistakes in their zone, they would all be wearing suits instead of sweaters more often than not. McDonagh has looked as bad as the rest of them.

You can't have BOTH defensemen looking to jump into the play and be a 4th forward. Each pair needs a thumper who stays at home.

It sounds cliche, but the '94 top four were textbook pairs, perhaps the best in Rangers history. Leetch-Beuk, Zubov-Lowe. One compliments the other, and together they are unbeatable. ****ing AV would pair Zubov with Leetch, bench Lowe and send Beuk to Hartford.

The Rangers are too soft on defense and when the playoffs get closer teams will pin them in their own zone, cycle them endlessly, and disrupt their breakouts. AV's "system" is the greatest system in the history of November. When you get to April and May, it sucks.
Vua
Posted 2017-12-12 7:47 PM (#690130 - in reply to #690125)

All-Star

PV29 - 2017-12-12 6:48 PM

Vua - 2017-12-12 4:21 PM

You can't have BOTH defensemen looking to jump into the play and be a 4th forward. Each pair needs a thumper who stays at home.

It sounds cliche, but the '94 top four were textbook pairs, perhaps the best in Rangers history. Leetch-Beuk, Zubov-Lowe. One compliments the other, and together they are unbeatable. ****ing AV would pair Zubov with Leetch, bench Lowe and send Beuk to Hartford.

The Rangers are too soft on defense and when the playoffs get closer teams will pin them in their own zone, cycle them endlessly, and disrupt their breakouts. AV's "system" is the greatest system in the history of November. When you get to April and May, it sucks.

And I agree with you. I hate how pansy soft this team is. And I think our defensive talent is actually pretty decent. Our coach is the problem. Looking at defensive metrics other than goals against, we've been the worst defensive team in the league since AV got here.

Though part of our talent is wasting away in the minors because they aren't washed up veterans.

Edited by Vua 2017-12-12 7:50 PM
Jump to page : 1 2 3 4 5
Now viewing page 5 [35 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2018 PD9 Software