Home Page
 OTG

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What will be the plan for the Rangers around the trade deadline?
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 3 [35 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Rangers -> Winter Is ComingMessage format

RANGERNUT
Posted 2018-01-15 12:26 PM (#693059 - in reply to #692394)
Subject: Re: What will be the plan for the Rangers around the trade deadline?

All-Star

This out today ....
The Rangers, according to Sports Club Stats, only have a 54.4% chance of making the playoffs.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-01-15 1:24 PM (#693060 - in reply to #692394)

Legend

With Holden and Kampfer as our top pair D and Albert on the top line...I think they are short changing us.
x10003q
Posted 2018-01-15 1:54 PM (#693061 - in reply to #693057)

MVP

The article is an interesting read until I read this:
"Firing Alain Vigneault appears to be the easiest response to try and turn the Rangers’ season around, but a coaching change is unlikely to make any worthwhile difference. It could very well leave the Rangers in a worse situation, making a change behind the bench is a risky proposition. "

The writer loses all credibility with a couple of sentences.
Rranger
Posted 2018-01-15 1:54 PM (#693062 - in reply to #693060)

All-Star

Mikey Red - 2018-01-15 12:24 PM

With Holden and Kampfer as our top pair D and Albert on the top line...I think they are short changing us.

Buwahaha except. Check out time on ice for defensemen yesterday and one Steven Kampfer had the most ice time.
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-01-15 2:03 PM (#693063 - in reply to #693061)

Legend

x10003q - 2018-01-15 3:54 PM

The article is an interesting read until I read this:
"Firing Alain Vigneault appears to be the easiest response to try and turn the Rangers’ season around, but a coaching change is unlikely to make any worthwhile difference. It could very well leave the Rangers in a worse situation, making a change behind the bench is a risky proposition. "

The writer loses all credibility with a couple of sentences.

Yeah I read that and took notice too...he was too soft in the article...but he didnt say anything that was incorrect

Edited by Mikey Red 2018-01-15 2:34 PM
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-01-15 2:03 PM (#693064 - in reply to #693062)

Legend

Rranger - 2018-01-15 3:54 PM

Buwahaha except. Check out time on ice for defensemen yesterday and one Steven Kampfer had the most ice time.

Ducking Incredible
Blue404
Posted 2018-01-15 4:54 PM (#693087 - in reply to #693064)

Legend

Mikey Red - 2018-01-15 4:03 PM

Rranger - 2018-01-15 3:54 PM

Ducking Incredible
Sam loves Kampfer.The BOOTH runs the Rangers.
Beezer34
Posted 2018-01-15 9:43 PM (#693102 - in reply to #692394)

All-Star

I think given the teams play .. you have to move large contracts.... Nash to ANYONE.. and I would think Hank (I love him) has to go... a Chicago.. or an Edmonton.. teams that could use an upgrade... Chicago has a window with guys like Keith and Hossa getting older.. they would make a move to grab him... Edmonton has young kids and Hank would help them out not that Talbot is bad.. but he is no Hank and they have assets to move.

I would love to see Shattenkirk moved that guys sucks... one dimensional player who sucks 5 on 5... not worth the money...

move those three and the Rangers can turn it around .. next year.

itsmcilrathtime
Posted 2018-01-16 1:45 AM (#693105 - in reply to #692394)

Scorer

You're lost dude. They aren't trading Hank. Period. Shattenkirk won't accept a trade anywhere else. He took less money to come here. The only players the could move that they might want to move are Nash, McDonagh, Smith and perhaps Vesey.
itsmcilrathtime
Posted 2018-01-16 1:46 AM (#693106 - in reply to #692394)

Scorer

The first thing that needs to be done immediately is Arneil needs to be fired. He's a complete idiot running the PP. It has sucked ever since he got here.
Steady Eddie
Posted 2018-01-16 6:40 AM (#693109 - in reply to #693105)

MVP

itsmcilrathtime - 2018-01-16 3:45 AM

You're lost dude. They aren't trading Hank. Period. Shattenkirk won't accept a trade anywhere else. He took less money to come here. The only players the could move that they might want to move are Nash, McDonagh, Smith and perhaps Vesey.

How do you know they wouldn’t trade Henke? If the payback was huge, wouldn’t you? It’s a business. Henke’s number will be hanging from the rafters one day regardless.

Sh!tenkirk has a limited NTC next season. 10 teams. That makes 20 teams you can trade him to, but what could you possibly get back for overpaid garbage except for someone else’s overpaid garbage?

Mikey Red
Posted 2018-01-16 7:50 AM (#693112 - in reply to #692394)

Legend

Sell Sell Sell....Its over...We are not winning the SC this year....Time to re tool
Mjolnir
Posted 2018-01-16 8:23 AM (#693114 - in reply to #693109)

Legend

Steady Eddie - 2018-01-16 8:40 AM

itsmcilrathtime - 2018-01-16 3:45 AM

How do you know they wouldn’t trade Henke? If the payback was huge, wouldn’t you? It’s a business. Henke’s number will be hanging from the rafters one day regardless.

Sh!tenkirk has a limited NTC next season. 10 teams. That makes 20 teams you can trade him to, but what could you possibly get back for overpaid garbage except for someone else’s overpaid garbage?

Doesn't Henrik have a no movement clause? If so, then it doesn't matter what kind of deal you can get if he decides he's not going.
itsmcilrathtime
Posted 2018-01-16 8:49 AM (#693118 - in reply to #692394)

Scorer

Everybody is tradable gut I feel confident stating there is no way they are trading Hank. They aren't doing anything until they know if Shesterkin or Huska can replace him which they won't for a couple of years
Gravey09
Posted 2018-01-16 10:13 AM (#693122 - in reply to #692394)

All-Star

They have to capitulate at this point. I agree Hank is not likely going to be traded but would have the conversation to get him to a solid Cup contender. Would not think there would be interest except a contender. How about, off the cuff, Hank and McD to Winnepeg for Trouba and 2 A prospects at or near the NHL . Throw in Mason.... Could be a Win-Win...
Nash would then probably waive his trade constraint move him for a A or highest possible prospect at or near the NHL.
Stall would likely raise his hand to go .... maybe a decent prospect depending on salary retention
Deal Grabner for a decent prospect.
See if Torts would take Zucc for the Wennburg character..
Holden for whatever ..
AV gone ...
House now clean ... if the scouting staff does well on the above prospects maybe we watch some energetic hockey played by young hungry players.
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-01-16 10:16 AM (#693124 - in reply to #693122)

Legend

Gravey09 - 2018-01-16 12:13 PM

They have to capitulate at this point. I agree Hank is not likely going to be traded but would have the conversation to get him to a solid Cup contender. Would not think there would be interest except a contender. How about, off the cuff, Hank and McD to Winnepeg for Trouba and 2 A prospects at or near the NHL . Throw in Mason.... Could be a Win-Win...
Nash would then probably waive his trade constraint move him for a A or highest possible prospect at or near the NHL.
Stall would likely raise his hand to go .... maybe a decent prospect depending on salary retention
Holden for whatever ..
AV gone ...
House now clean ... if the scouting staff does well on the above prospects maybe we watch some energetic hockey played by young hungry players.

1000% spot on agee
Beezer34
Posted 2018-01-16 7:14 PM (#693300 - in reply to #692394)

All-Star

I know that Hank cant be moved anywhere.. but with the D in front of him.. and a hall of fame induction the only future he has in NYC is a cup.. and this team is not a cup winner.. so move him some where he might have a shot... who might need an upgrade... Given his compete level I would think he would welcome the right fit...

Shattenkirk is terrible... move him off the books and teams would go for it. if you again find the right team.

I love the winnipeg deal I could see that for sure .. .get back one of the young goalies back to fill out the spot.
Rangerjunkie
Posted 2018-01-16 8:28 PM (#693356 - in reply to #693122)

All-Star

Gravey09 - 2018-01-16 10:13 AM

Holden for whatever ..
AV gone ...

Kinda liking this........
Rranger
Posted 2018-01-17 9:24 AM (#693361 - in reply to #693356)

All-Star

Rangerjunkie - 2018-01-16 7:28 PM

Gravey09 - 2018-01-16 10:13 AM

Holden for whatever ..
AV gone ...

Kinda liking this........

I'm not against the theory, as long as enough marbles are coming back. I'd be more in agreement with the above if it was A list player, a top prospect, and a pick or prospect for Lundqvist minimum. Its either out of the park for the Rangers or why trade the only guy capable of keeping it respectable around here until some coaching changes take place. Anybody is tradeable, but Henrik wouldn't go just anywhere, it would have to be a golden opportunity to win a cup, maybe some of his buddies from home, and somewhere he wants to go. If the Rangers continue their up and down play all the while on a slow overall downward spiral I could see him saying "you know Nashville, Winnipeg, Washington, St. Louis ect. give me a better chance especially with him there. If I'm any one of the mentioned teams or possibly others with less of a chance but potential Toronto ect. I'm all in on checking to see what it would take to get him. He'd be a gamechanger on the right team.
Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 3 [35 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2018 PD9 Software