Home Page
 OTG

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What will be the plan for the Rangers around the trade deadline?
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 2 [35 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Rangers -> Winter Is ComingMessage format

itsmcilrathtime
Posted 2018-01-12 12:46 PM (#692454 - in reply to #692394)
Subject: Re: What will be the plan for the Rangers around the trade deadline?

Scorer

Other than the recent goalie they added who is playing great, the Pack should dump the other two in the ECHL, and call up Halverson to the Pack. There is no point keeping him in that league on a crap team. Let him play in the AHL and start seeing if he's worth keeping.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
concust
Posted 2018-01-12 2:33 PM (#692459 - in reply to #692394)

Legend

Got to sell on Nash. I get the sentimentality that they and the casual fan have for him but this is an asset management game at this point. I have no problem bringing him back on a decent contract in July but you can get much more for him than a second and a third. He's a perfect third liner on a contender - plays good defense, good positional play, still has wheels, might score you a few. Plus he won't mess up your top 6. You sell Nash on it by pointing out he doesn't have a lot of years left and we don't know how many actual shots NYR will have with Hank back there... why not go to a contender for a couple of months and see what happens?

Probably the same pitch to Grabner... who knows he might walk in July anyway for a big payday elsewhere. Holden, I bet you could get a little something for him, and then that opens up ice time for AV to give Kampfer a top pair slot because we all know that's what he wants.

Desharnais, Carey, I couldn't give a crap about. Whatever.

McDonagh, listen to offers for sure. He has another year left on his deal but it's a good deal, if you retain a little bit of it I bet we could cash in on McDonagh for sure. I don't think he's been given the structure to succeed here as a NYR and I would be sad to see him go but I'd rather get something for him than continually see AV shackle him to sh!t defensemen and waste his years and drive down his value.

Lastly if Buchnevich gets traded for some garbage I may have to throw in the towel on this team until coaching/management changes. I have not been this frustrated with the club for 20 years as I am this season.

robstones
Posted 2018-01-12 3:30 PM (#692461 - in reply to #692394)

Legend

I don't know.... Rangers post Richter pre Lundqvist were pretty frustrating...
Rranger
Posted 2018-01-12 5:38 PM (#692463 - in reply to #692394)

All-Star

It makes no sense to bring anyone in, chewy has bungled most every addition to the group, unless the guys a scrub then he bungles that by playing him to much, and to high up the lineup. From what I see as I’ve mentioned before Lettieri should be on the Rangers. Which puts them one over on the forwards so I’d be moving Miller back to center and waving goodbye to Desharnais, maybe he’s impressed someone enough to actually generate a return. Or trade Grabner for defensive help. He’s at a all time high sell value and a one trick pony, and should not be signed to a long term contract. Given the chance I think Lettieri makes up a significant part of Grabner’s goal scoring and he’s a lot better all round player.
The problem is short of bringing in Gretzky, Lemieux, Orr, Park, Toews, Kane, Crosby and Karlsson this team will never win a thing with chopper behind the bench so it’s all a exercise in futility.
Mjolnir
Posted 2018-01-12 7:06 PM (#692464 - in reply to #692394)

Legend

By defensive help, I assume you mean getting rid of AV and bringing in someone with a legitimate defensive scheme.
Rranger
Posted 2018-01-12 7:17 PM (#692465 - in reply to #692394)

All-Star

Maybe they can trade chewy.
itsmcilrathtime
Posted 2018-01-13 5:35 AM (#692466 - in reply to #692394)

Scorer

Loved the Stepan deal. Ridding us of that lazy dope and his absurd contract was brilliant. However, I'm starting to lose confidence that Gorton has a clue. Talks about re-signing Nash are moronic. Signing Smith was idiotic when he then signed Shattenkirk. He seems to be going in the wrong direction now. He can't possibly think this team is a legit contender.
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-01-13 8:11 AM (#692468 - in reply to #692394)

MVP

I read on another site that the Rangers are hot after after Erik Karlsson.....NO NO NO NO
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-01-13 8:13 AM (#692469 - in reply to #692394)

MVP

Here it is: (What you all have been waiting for…) lol
I had a chat last night with my friend (who gave me the info I needed, there was a meeting during this week off about future plans)

PREDICTION RANGERS ROSTER AFTER TRADE DEADLINE (when fully healthy):

Line 1:
Kreider – Zibanejad – Nash
Line 2:
Jt Miller – Hayes – Zuccarello
Line 3:
Grabner – Letestu – Vesey
Line 4:
B. Pouliot –Nieves– Fast
Spares: Carey, Letteri, Nieves, Chytil

Defense pair 1:
McDonagh – E. Karlsson
Defense pair 2:
Skjei – Shattenkirk
Defense pair 3:
M. Staal – Holden or Smith
Spares: Deangelo, Kampfer

Starting Goalie:
Henrik Lundqvist
Back up Goalie:
Ondrej Pavelec

Traded players at deadline: Pavel Buchnevich, Brendan Smith or Nick Holden, David Desharnais, picks and prospects (not named Shestyorkin or Lias Andersson)

*Buchnevich is the one dealt because I was told Jt Miller and Jimmy Vesey are not getting dealt, period… Brady Skjei is off limits as well.

Was told Rangers would like to acquire Erik Karlsson for their playoff push… and I do expect it to happen because I think a deal will be all around mutual.
Think about it, after all the deadline moves Rangers have made over the years to try to get a Cup..Erik Karlsson is actually a player that can seriously make a difference in a playoff run. He is a superstar that eats up big mintutes and he is AVAILABLE . Lundqvist only has so many more chances left. Rangers will NOT be able to pass up on this opportunity. Plus, we are also looking for a right handed defenseman to pair up with McDonagh, something we are missing badly. The fact that Mcdonagh is also an FA soon, we may be looking for a new #1.

Pavel Buchnevich is going to be the guy Rangers are willing to move to acquire Erik Karlsson because it sounds like he is the main significant piece that the Rangers would be willing to move off our roster (this season) to make it happen. If there’s a blockbuster trade at the deadline, sounds like he is going to be odd-man out.

Argue with me all you want (I am used to it), but like it or not, I got the inside info, I am aware who the Rangers do not want to trade, who’d they’d maybe consider trading, and most importantly I know what they are looking to do …. They want Erik Karlsson. Plain and simple.

Again,
Skjei, Jt Miller, Jimmy Vesey, Lias Andersson are all off the table. They won’t trade any of them during this season . Highly unlikely – they do not want to.

And we all know they won’t trade Kreider,McDonagh, Zibanejad or Zuccarello this year. That’s a no brainer for the position they are currently in.

So to me, that leaves only two players that could make sense in a deal for Erik Karlsson:
Those two players are: Pavel Buchnevich or Philip Chytil for it to have any chance of happening. If none of these two players interest Ottawa, then I don’t expect the trade to happen.
If Sens ask for both of them, then I also don’t expect this trade to happen. That would be too much.

I see the deal being:
Buchnevich or Chytil, Smith or Holden, Day or Graves, and a 1st round pick. (Something like this)
I have no idea who the Senators would be interested in from this group of players, but I think Rangers would let them pick from that group to form a package that looks something close to that.

Time will tell

but now you know, the plans at the moment.
I do not make this up.

1 .Rangers want Karlsson,
2. Rangers plan to make a run this year… they are buyers not sellers.
3….which means, don’t expect Nash or Grabner to be dealt (unless the team starts losing a bunch of games in the next month)
4. If Rangers start losing a bunch of games (in the next month), plans would change, cancel out Erik Karlsson for this season, but they would still go for him in the off season in this case.
Mandar
Posted 2018-01-13 9:21 AM (#692472 - in reply to #692394)

MVP

Does your buddy have any ties to the team?
Rranger
Posted 2018-01-13 9:32 AM (#692473 - in reply to #692394)

All-Star

If one of, if not the best defensemen in the league is only worth ""Buchnevich or Chytil, Smith or Holden, Day or Graves, and a 1st round pick"" that price you do it in a heartbeat. I seriously doubt Ottawa is going to part with him for Chytil, Holden, Graves and a first, or any other combination of the mentioned players. Besides that I'm not sure Karlsson would be happy on the third pair in chewy's world. That being said the two teams have done business under the present G.M.'s so anything could happen, I just think the Rangers would be forking over considerably more than the above. More likely Chytil, Buchnevich, Day, Graves and a first and you have Ottawa's attention.
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-01-13 9:34 AM (#692474 - in reply to #692472)

MVP

Mandar - 2018-01-13 11:21 AM

Does your buddy have any ties to the team?

Lol I dont know him...but apparently he knows someone in the organization
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-01-13 9:36 AM (#692475 - in reply to #692473)

MVP

Rranger - 2018-01-13 11:32 AM

If one of, if not the best defensemen in the league is only worth ""Buchnevich or Chytil, Smith or Holden, Day or Graves, and a 1st round pick"" that price you do it in a heartbeat. I seriously doubt Ottawa is going to part with him for Chytil, Holden, Graves and a first, or any other combination of the mentioned players. Besides that I'm not sure Karlsson would be happy on the third pair in chewy's world. That being said the two teams have done business under the present G.M.'s so anything could happen, I just think the Rangers would be forking over considerably more than the above. More likely Chytil, Buchnevich, Day, Graves and a first and you have Ottawa's attention.

I agree..also Karlsson has taken a physical beating over the years...This is what the Rangers ALWAYS do....I dont want him...Build us back up primarily through the draft...then add a piece here and there
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-01-13 9:39 AM (#692477 - in reply to #692394)

MVP

and I do expect it to happen because I think a deal will be all around mutual.
Think about it, after all the deadline moves Rangers have made over the years to try to get a Cup..Erik Karlsson is actually a player that can seriously make a difference in a playoff run. He is a superstar that eats up big mintutes and he is AVAILABLE .

Isn't that what they said about Rick Nash?
Rranger
Posted 2018-01-13 9:45 AM (#692478 - in reply to #692475)

All-Star

Mikey Red - 2018-01-13 8:36 AM

Rranger - 2018-01-13 11:32 AM

I agree..also Karlsson has taken a physical beating over the years...This is what the Rangers ALWAYS do....I dont want him...Build us back up primarily through the draft...then add a piece here and there

Karlsson is a game changer especially if the Rangers could move Shattenkirk for a more reliable defensive defenseman. You never know what could happen, but unless the Rangers come unglued I think you are going to see a bit of a all in trade deadline for the Rangers. Henrek's clock is ticking, but as mentioned elsewhere could B Orr, D. Potvin, N. Lidstrom, ect. make Chewys non existent defensive zone plan work??
PV29
Posted 2018-01-13 9:55 AM (#692480 - in reply to #692478)

Legend

If the Rangers are going to be sellers at the deadline, they should go all in and make the BIG sell which could rebuild the franchise in two years.

Trade Henrik.

Trade him to a contender that just needs an elite goalie to bring them the Cup (Winnipeg? St. Louis?) Let Henrik win the Cup that he absolutely deserves but will never win as a Ranger. Trade him now, while he still commands high market value and is having an All-Star season. They could bring back a young impact player and some high draft picks which, combined with getting rid of some dead weight in the offseason, could quickly rebuild this team.

It's the right move, but the Rangers won't do it. It's a move that takes guts, and the Rangers front office hasn't had guts since Neil Smith left.
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-01-13 10:19 AM (#692483 - in reply to #692480)

MVP

PV29 - 2018-01-13 11:55 AM

If the Rangers are going to be sellers at the deadline, they should go all in and make the BIG sell which could rebuild the franchise in two years.

Trade Henrik.

Trade him to a contender that just needs an elite goalie to bring them the Cup (Winnipeg? St. Louis?) Let Henrik win the Cup that he absolutely deserves but will never win as a Ranger. Trade him now, while he still commands high market value and is having an All-Star season. They could bring back a young impact player and some high draft picks which, combined with getting rid of some dead weight in the offseason, could quickly rebuild this team.

It's the right move, but the Rangers won't do it. It's a move that takes guts, and the Rangers front office hasn't had guts since Neil Smith left.

100% absolutely....Toronto can use him too
Rranger
Posted 2018-01-13 10:29 AM (#692484 - in reply to #692480)

All-Star

PV29 - 2018-01-13 8:55 AM

Trade Henrik.

Gorton should trade any one that makes the team better and he better be listening to offers for each and every player on the roster. A selloff of Lundqvist, Grabner, Nash. Holden, and even Smith and Shattenkirk two huge signing mistakes could set them up for the next decade. Especially with a new coach.
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-01-13 10:32 AM (#692485 - in reply to #692484)

MVP

Rranger - 2018-01-13 12:29 PM

PV29 - 2018-01-13 8:55 AM

Trade Henrik.

Gorton should trade any one that makes the team better and he better be listening to offers for each and every player on the roster. A selloff of Lundqvist, Grabner, Nash. Holden, and even Smith and Shattenkirk two huge signing mistakes could set them up for the next decade. Especially with a new coach.
itsmcilrathtime
Posted 2018-01-13 10:59 AM (#692486 - in reply to #692394)

Scorer

There is no way Karlsson is coming here. His cap hit is way too big. Nash is of no interest to the Sens. Smith would have to go back and Ottawa would have to be on his list of teams it's OK to trade him to. Then you would probably have to throw in Chytil, Huska, DeAngelo and probably a 2nd.
Blue404
Posted 2018-01-13 5:28 PM (#692615 - in reply to #692465)

Legend

Rranger - 2018-01-12 9:17 PM

That will put the end of STAR WARS.
Rranger
Posted 2018-01-13 8:57 PM (#692618 - in reply to #692615)

All-Star

Blue404 - 2018-01-13 4:28 PM

Rranger - 2018-01-12 9:17 PM

That will put the end of STAR WARS.

A small price to pay no?
PV29
Posted 2018-01-14 3:39 PM (#692649 - in reply to #692394)

Legend

Question: How does Karlsson solve the need for a stay at home, physical defenseman?

Answer: The same way Shattenkirk did.
Steady Eddie
Posted 2018-01-15 6:11 AM (#693015 - in reply to #692480)

MVP

Trade Henrik.

I agree 100%. The problem is, just like when we traded Leetch, what will the idiot in the front office get in return? 4 nobodys and a Korpikoski?

Mikey Red
Posted 2018-01-15 8:07 AM (#693016 - in reply to #693015)

MVP

Steady Eddie - 2018-01-15 8:11 AM

Trade Henrik.

I agree 100%. The problem is, just like when we traded Leetch, what will the idiot in the front office get in return? 4 nobodys and a Korpikoski?

Yep...We are reaping what Sather has sewn since the day he traded Duby and Cally and a #1 and luckily Tim Erixon was a bust for Nash.....Bad trades...giving away #1's all over the place. JG has been as bad if not worse...so now we are here today.....No top line....No legit NHL Centers for lines 3 and 4....and the D is terrible.....Complete overhaul is needed....We have little to nothing on the Farm....Its a disater
itsmcilrathtime
Posted 2018-01-15 8:22 AM (#693017 - in reply to #692394)

Scorer

Not exactly true. With Shesterkin and Huska goalie in the farm is strong. Andersson and Chytil should be good pieces next year. Lafontaine will fill a nice role on the 4th line. Maybe another year away. Gropp got off to a slow start but I heard they play him with scrubs. Probably 1 1/2 years away. Graves should have made the team this year. Still don't know why DeAngelo hasn't been moved to wing. Ronning has been a real surprise and figures to have a good shot at the NHL now. Nash, Smith, McDonagh, Holden, Vesey. Who knows what the returns would be for those players. Point is, moron Gorton needs to stop believing this team is a contender. They aren't.
Mjolnir
Posted 2018-01-15 9:14 AM (#693018 - in reply to #692394)

Legend

I think it would be a mistake to trade Smith.
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-01-15 9:21 AM (#693019 - in reply to #692394)

MVP

Gorton is gonna trade Chytil, Vesey, Mac and a #1 for Pacioretty.....Or maybe he will trade those guys for simply future consideration like he did with Stepan and Raanta
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-01-15 10:23 AM (#693023 - in reply to #692394)

MVP

I want Gord Stellick for GM...He is hysterical....He also took a stand back in the day....and worked for us
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-01-15 10:25 AM (#693024 - in reply to #692394)

MVP

1 Cup in 80 years...Clearly the way we do things is working.
Rangerjunkie
Posted 2018-01-15 12:00 PM (#693054 - in reply to #693016)

All-Star

Mikey Red - 2018-01-15 8:07 AM

Steady Eddie - 2018-01-15 8:11 AM

Trade Henrik.

Yep...We are reaping what Sather has sewn since the day he traded Duby and Cally and a #1 and luckily Tim Erixon was a bust for Nash.....Bad trades...giving away #1's all over the place. JG has been as bad if not worse...so now we are here today.....No top line....No legit NHL Centers for lines 3 and 4....and the D is terrible.....Complete overhaul is needed....We have little to nothing on the Farm....Its a disater

Woah, wait a minute, JG did not trade away a #1. Right there, he's done a better job than Sather
Rangerjunkie
Posted 2018-01-15 12:02 PM (#693055 - in reply to #692394)

All-Star

Bottom line right now with this team, the way to go is sell, sell, sell!!
Rangerjunkie
Posted 2018-01-15 12:02 PM (#693056 - in reply to #692394)

All-Star

OH!!!

And Fire AV
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-01-15 12:14 PM (#693057 - in reply to #692394)

MVP

https://www.blueshirtbanter.com/2017/11/2/16570994/jeff-gorton-cant-...
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-01-15 12:18 PM (#693058 - in reply to #692394)

MVP

I don't see how AV survives the next 6 games
Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 2 [35 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2018 PD9 Software