Home Page
 OTG

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Rush to get Safewow gold for wow with 3x reward points during Apr13-Apr19
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [35 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Hockey -> The Game RoomMessage format

ESO20171236
Posted 2018-04-15 11:46 PM (#703263)
Subject: Rush to get Safewow gold for wow with 3x reward points during Apr13-Apr19

Prospect

Nostalgia wow gold is an established part of the toy maker playbook, meaning that treasured pieces of childhood tend to continually get new life as marketers reinvent old brands for each new generation. This is generally a bad thing. Joe and Transformers) and a line of Strawberry Shortcake characters that simply will not die.
Still, if mining the past is inevitable, I would like to offer toy czars some suggestions for items from the '80s that are worth a comeback. Just keep Michael Bay the heck away from them:
1. Teddy Ruxpin: The talking teddy bear with a tapedeck in this back was a little creepy, but no worse that the scores of beeping, buzzing, shouting electronic animals that now litter my house. Give me an MP3 ready stuffed animal with the charm of Teddy Ruxpin that I can use to play back The Killers, and I'll make sure the world beats a path to your door.
2. The Rubik's Cube: I know that you can still get cubes online or at your more upscale toy stores, but there was a time when every kid I knew had one, and skill with the Rubik's Cube was a great marker for separating the true geeks from the wannabes. Why has the current generation given up on Rubik and his cube? Does that say something about the attention span of today's children?
3. The Smurfs: Those little blue dudes (and Smurfette) were everywhere. The Smurfs stood for living simply and being nice to each other, which would be a welcome tonic for today's world, where most licensed characters teach children the value of a well place insult.
4. Slime: Every corner store sold the small buckets of Slime, which was some sort of amazing substance carefully engineered with the most disgusting possible texture, something between Silly Putty and motor oil.
5. Dungeons and Dragons: All you need to know about my life in middle school is that I played a lot of Dungeons and Dragons, and that almost certainly delayed my first kiss. Though the Internet (through places like Second Life and World of Warcraft) means that opportunities for role playing have never been richer, I have to mourn the loss of the social aspect. There was something important about sitting around a table with friends, chatting and clutching 20 sided dice. After all, the dice in the end were irrelevant.
I'm sure I've missed some of your favorites. Set me straight in the comments.
Yes, D is still around. Slime has been replaced by floam (I think that's what is called) and I still see little buckets of slime sometimes. It ruins carpeting, btw.
I'm not too keen on the rest of the list, the smurfs were annoying and I don't even remember Teddie Ruxpin. I can't think of one thing I'd bring back I was dedicated to Barbie and Ken and their adventures. The rest of the time I was running around outside and riding bikes, etc. We had Slinky, Tiny Tears doll, paint by number sets, a little blackboard with colored chalk and eraser (played endless hours of school) and View master. We had a little wooden step stool with barrel shaped pegs where you put a peg in a hole on one end of the stool, whack it with a mallet and the peg comes out the other end. I have no idea what that supposed to teach us, probably something about the gastrointestinal tract. Other favorites: little weaving loom to make potholders, a Jerry Mahoney ventriloquist doll, a toy bake oven with a light bulb to produce the heat and it actually baked little cakes, and a set of tiny rubber letters you slide backward into a tray and print words on paper like a printing press. These toys were low on technology but long on imaginative play.
Slime? Dungeons and Dragons? Rubik's Cube? (No wonder there's so much ADHD going around.) I wouldn't let those things into my house. It is wonderful to pass on these memories to your children. My kids and I have had a blast watching the old 'Slinky' commercials and other classic toy spots on YouTube.
A few years ago, I found a site online where someone had scanned in the pages of the old Sears Christmas 'Wish Books'. I keep them out back on the deck and I have to admit that they are among the most cherished of gifts I have ever received as they get used every evening when it isn't raining or snowing. Technically they're called swivel chairs or swivel rockers and are made for both indoor and outdoor use. One small push, and I get 25 revolutions. WEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeee.
LTL1: I remember Shrinky Dinks being slightly anti climatic. You put a big hunk of plastic in the oven and got .
Hi Guy! We'll not wait for you if you come late,so Hurry up to take part in Safewow Great Deal for all Safewow members. Please register or log in safewow before buying WOW GOLD US/EU with "WOW7L"code or other products, then you will get 3x reward points from April 13 to April 19, 2018.
Meantime safewow new member system is also online,don't miss to be a new member and you will gain extral 1%-8% discount for buying any Products.
Safewow WOW GOLD link:https://www.safewow.com/wow-gold-us
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [35 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2018 PD9 Software