Home Page
 OTG

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Summer Thread: Trades - Entry Draft - Free Agent Signings
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : < ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 >
Now viewing page 21 [35 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Rangers -> Winter Is ComingMessage format

LeetchyMrRanger
Posted 2018-08-03 1:12 PM (#708381 - in reply to #706448)
Subject: Re: Summer Thread: Trades - Entry Draft - Free Agent Signings

All-Star

UFA next season, so a gamble. If he walks away, not so much. Plus, if they are horrible again, those are good pics. But, you have to think the toothless Sabres will improve 1 of these seasons.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-08-03 2:30 PM (#708388 - in reply to #706448)

Legend

Skinner and his Wife are from the general area so I wouldnt be surprised if he stayed...He had a NMC so he got to drive the bus....The Sabres might be onto something now...things looking up
LeetchyMrRanger
Posted 2018-08-03 7:15 PM (#708398 - in reply to #706448)

All-Star

All those Top 5 Picks, geez, things better be looking up sooner or later 1 of these decades.
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-08-03 7:18 PM (#708399 - in reply to #706448)

Legend

Hahaha yep totally
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-08-03 7:53 PM (#708401 - in reply to #706448)

Legend

Things will look up for us next year when we get the Breadman or a Seguin
rjpny75
Posted 2018-08-16 8:41 PM (#708790 - in reply to #706448)

Rookie

Thoughts?
https://www.nhl.com/news/rangers-coach-david-quinn-praises-henrik-lu...

Mikey Red
Posted 2018-08-16 8:56 PM (#708791 - in reply to #708790)

Legend

I hope he doesnt put Albert on the top line
Rranger
Posted 2018-08-16 10:52 PM (#708792 - in reply to #708790)

MVP

Every interview there is with Quinn gets my hopes up, he speaks my type of hockey, and seems to have a good handle on what needs doing. As long as there is some old time hockey I look forward to seeing what he can do.
concust
Posted 2018-08-17 8:56 AM (#708795 - in reply to #708792)

Legend

Rranger - 2018-08-16 11:52 PM

Every interview there is with Quinn gets my hopes up, he speaks my type of hockey, and seems to have a good handle on what needs doing. As long as there is some old time hockey I look forward to seeing what he can do.

I feel like a lot of it is pretty canned, PR-prepped interview stuff. Not taking anything away from the guy, but that's all you're really going to get from an nhl.com interview. He says the right things, but every coach does - what will matter to me is how he handles things like accountability, how well he can teach and coach rather than just manage. So far I do feel like he's the right fit for a young team, which I think is much more important than the coaching pedigree. Quinn so far seems to fit that bill.

Rranger
Posted 2018-08-17 9:06 AM (#708796 - in reply to #708795)

MVP

concust - 2018-08-17 7:56 AM

Rranger - 2018-08-16 11:52 PM

I feel like a lot of it is pretty canned, PR-prepped interview stuff. Not taking anything away from the guy, but that's all you're really going to get from an nhl.com interview. He says the right things, but every coach does - what will matter to me is how he handles things like accountability, how well he can teach and coach rather than just manage. So far I do feel like he's the right fit for a young team, which I think is much more important than the coaching pedigree. Quinn so far seems to fit that bill.

There is nothing canned about his refreshing answers which shed some light on his expectations and the attitude and type of team he will ice.
robstones
Posted 2018-08-17 9:44 AM (#708797 - in reply to #706448)

Legend

I'm not sure if canned is the right word, but he's definitely saying the things everyone wants to hear. I like he's talking about driving to the net, and being physical. Being in the other teams' face....

I think Kreider is going to finally be the player we know he can be under DQ. He's definitely a candidate for captain imo

Edited by robstones 2018-08-17 6:07 PM
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-08-19 3:21 PM (#708803 - in reply to #706448)

Legend

Sorry Leetchy...I know THN is your department but I found this....Ranger bias?

https://thehockeynews.com/news/article/the-great-goalie-debate-ranki...
Rranger
Posted 2018-08-19 6:43 PM (#708806 - in reply to #708803)

MVP

Mikey Red - 2018-08-19 2:21 PM

Lundqvist is the classic example of management not doing what is best for the organization. He should have been convinced to be moved after the Ottawa playoff loss, confirming a Ranger reload was in order. Three more years at $8.5 has the potential to become a terrible contract. Hanks been a good teammate, but you have to do what’s best for the team at the appropriate time. His value could very soon be nothing.
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-08-19 8:07 PM (#708807 - in reply to #708806)

Legend

Rranger - 2018-08-19 8:43 PM

Mikey Red - 2018-08-19 2:21 PM

Lundqvist is the classic example of management not doing what is best for the organization. He should have been convinced to be moved after the Ottawa playoff loss, confirming a Ranger reload was in order. Three more years at $8.5 has the potential to become a terrible contract. Hanks been a good teammate, but you have to do what’s best for the team at the appropriate time. His value could very soon be nothing.

Absolutely !
concust
Posted 2018-08-20 7:21 AM (#708809 - in reply to #706448)

Legend

Well he has a full NMC and was told the direction of the club during the trade deadline, so if he doesn't want to move you can't make him.

I also believe he has greater value to the club than he does on the trade market. At this point we're not close to the cap ceiling and we won't be for a couple of years, so the timing of his contract expiration coincides nicely with the timeline for possible contention (the point in time when we'd actually need the cap space)

Mikey Red
Posted 2018-08-20 7:30 AM (#708810 - in reply to #708809)

Legend

Yes all true but if he wants to stick around.... he better not one time throw his arms up or shake his head or stare at a player after giving up a goal.....Yes you prob cant get too much for him but getting rid of that awful contract would be huge
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-08-20 7:32 AM (#708811 - in reply to #706448)

Legend

You keep players to no later than 33 years old...then 1 year contracts
concust
Posted 2018-08-20 7:34 AM (#708812 - in reply to #708796)

Legend

Rranger - 2018-08-17 10:06 AM

There is nothing canned about his refreshing answers which shed some light on his expectations and the attitude and type of team he will ice.

I admit i am cynical enough to not take coaches at their word, what counts to me is results, and not just win-loss. If he tries to do, and accomplishes, all that he says, then great. Really though everyone talks a good game on their first day on the job, and then once the realities of the role and situation set in, that's when you really see what people are made of. Every coach does this on their first day - they recognize what got the last guy fired, and then they basically say the opposite. It sounds great to everyone and feeds their hope. AV did this when he was introduced - talked about opening up the game, it's now a speed game, wants more scoring out of his talented forwards, wants to get the defense more involved in the transition, etc. And we all know how that turned out.

Look, I am not taking anything away from Quinn. I believe he's the right coach for a rebuilding team, and my highest priorities for him are teaching, coaching, and setting a level of culture of accountability for the players themselves and the club. If he does this and goes 5-25-3 in 2018 then so be it. I am not judging his success on win-loss. I fully believe he intends to do all the things he's talking about, but I will take it all with a grain of salt until I see it happen.
robstones
Posted 2018-08-20 9:16 AM (#708817 - in reply to #708810)

Legend

Mikey Red - 2018-08-20 9:30 AM

Yes all true but if he wants to stick around.... he better not one time throw his arms up or shake his head or stare at a player after giving up a goal...

Why? If the coverage gets blown, or he gets left high and dry because of bad positioning, he has every right to let his teammates know it. If the goal is on him he can get mad at himself like he does, too. What's wrong with showing emotion?
robstones
Posted 2018-08-20 9:21 AM (#708818 - in reply to #708809)

Legend

concust - 2018-08-20 9:21 AM

Well he has a full NMC and was told the direction of the club during the trade deadline, so if he doesn't want to move you can't make him.

I also believe he has greater value to the club than he does on the trade market. At this point we're not close to the cap ceiling and we won't be for a couple of years, so the timing of his contract expiration coincides nicely with the timeline for possible contention (the point in time when we'd actually need the cap space)

In a recent interview it sounded like he'd be open to a trade if Gorton asked him to waive it.

They're giving Lundqvist his due respect. They asked him if he wants to be here during the rebuild, and he does, so he stays.

They'll ask him again between now and the deadline, though. And they certainly won't give him away for nothing.
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-08-20 9:21 AM (#708819 - in reply to #708817)

Legend

robstones - 2018-08-20 11:16 AM

Yes all true but if he wants to stick around.... he better not one time throw his arms up or shake his head or stare at a player after giving up a goal...

Why? If the coverage gets blown, or he gets left high and dry because of bad positioning, he has every right to let his teammates know it. If the goal is on him he can get mad at himself like he does, too. What's wrong with showing emotion?

Never show up a teammate on the ice....has a player ever broken his stick over the crossbar and glared at Him after giving up a goal?
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-08-20 9:26 AM (#708822 - in reply to #708818)

Legend

robstones - 2018-08-20 11:21 AM

In a recent interview it sounded like he'd be open to a trade if Gorton asked him to waive it.

They're giving Lundqvist his due respect. They asked him if he wants to be here during the rebuild, and he does, so he stays.

They'll ask him again between now and the deadline, though. And they certainly won't give him away for nothing.

If Henrik was a team player he would have been gone already....The future of this team does not include him and he knows it...he will be 37 this season with a billion miles on him
Rranger
Posted 2018-08-20 9:26 AM (#708823 - in reply to #708812)

MVP

concust - 2018-08-20 6:34 AM

Rranger - 2018-08-17 10:06 AM

I admit i am cynical enough to not take coaches at their word, what counts to me is results, and not just win-loss. If he tries to do, and accomplishes, all that he says, then great. Really though everyone talks a good game on their first day on the job, and then once the realities of the role and situation set in, that's when you really see what people are made of. Every coach does this on their first day - they recognize what got the last guy fired, and then they basically say the opposite. It sounds great to everyone and feeds their hope. AV did this when he was introduced - talked about opening up the game, it's now a speed game, wants more scoring out of his talented forwards, wants to get the defense more involved in the transition, etc. And we all know how that turned out.

Look, I am not taking anything away from Quinn. I believe he's the right coach for a rebuilding team, and my highest priorities for him are teaching, coaching, and setting a level of culture of accountability for the players themselves and the club. If he does this and goes 5-25-3 in 2018 then so be it. I am not judging his success on win-loss. I fully believe he intends to do all the things he's talking about, but I will take it all with a grain of salt until I see it happen.

This interview reveals a guy who is not trying to dazzle with bullshirt like a Renney or Chewy. He is talking the basics of the game. My take on his answers is they are based on what he believes and builds his teams around, not answers to make himself sound smart.
He discusses the simplicity of the game and I bet he will keep it that way til his team is executing at the level he wants, and then will add layers of alternative systems and responsibilities as his team develops, with that the key word.
I like most everything He’s said including this interview, especially the no whining about we will be young and have growing pains, blah, blah. His positivity about players doing their job and being accountable gives hope. That being said it still has to translate on the ice like with all coaches.
robstones
Posted 2018-08-20 9:46 AM (#708828 - in reply to #708822)

Legend

Mikey Red - 2018-08-20 11:26 AM

robstones - 2018-08-20 11:21 AM

If Henrik was a team player he would have been gone already....The future of this team does not include him and he knows it...he will be 37 this season with a billion miles on him

Having Lundqvist this year gives The Rangers a chance to win games thiis year. He will also serve as a mentor to Georgiev and Shestyorkin if Hank is still here next year, too.

Winning is good for the confidence of the young players.

Edited by robstones 2018-08-20 9:48 AM
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-08-20 10:17 AM (#708829 - in reply to #706448)

Legend

Mentor shmentor ...Lol Henrik will start crying and texting Brooksie the min he starts losing playing time to one of the kids
RANGERNUT
Posted 2018-08-20 10:59 AM (#708830 - in reply to #706448)

All-Star

Rangers sign goalie Dustin Tokarski to a one-year deal

10:47AM

Tokarski will likely battle Alexander Georgeiev and
Martin Mazanec to back up Henrik Lundqvist this season.

https://www.sny.tv/rangers/news/rangers-sign-goalie-dustin-tokarski-...

Edited by RANGERNUT 2018-08-20 11:01 AM
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-08-20 11:11 AM (#708831 - in reply to #708830)

Legend

RANGERNUT - 2018-08-20 12:59 PM

Rangers sign goalie Dustin Tokarski to a one-year deal

10:47AM

Tokarski will likely battle Alexander Georgeiev and
Martin Mazanec to back up Henrik Lundqvist this season.

https://www.sny.tv/rangers/news/rangers-sign-goalie-dustin-tokarski-...

We now have 28 Goalies in the system
concust
Posted 2018-08-20 11:43 AM (#708833 - in reply to #708819)

Legend

Mikey Red - 2018-08-20 10:21 AM

robstones - 2018-08-20 11:16 AM

Never show up a teammate on the ice....has a player ever broken his stick over the crossbar and glared at Him after giving up a goal?

Lundqvist does nothing: "Where's the leadership? Where's the emotion?!"

Lundqvist gets emotional: "Never show up a teammate on the ice!"
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-08-20 12:17 PM (#708839 - in reply to #706448)

Legend

I never look to Henrik for leadership on the ice...but throwing your arms up in the air and glaring at a guy after a goal is total BS........but I wonder a bit when Stepan told him to relax...Does the room not love him?....I mean when Henrik has a bad game he will always say he needs to be better...then the BUT...... He wont agree to a trade because he wont want to give up his NYC rock star status
x10003q
Posted 2018-08-20 3:08 PM (#708840 - in reply to #708839)

MVP

Mikey Red - 2018-08-20 2:17 PM

I never look to Henrik for leadership on the ice...but throwing your arms up in the air and glaring at a guy after a goal is total BS........but I wonder a bit when Stepan told him to relax...Does the room not love him?

You never had a fight or an argument with a teammate/friend?

....I mean when Henrik has a bad game he will always say he needs to be better...then the BUT...... He wont agree to a trade because he wont want to give up his NYC rock star status

Hank wanted the nmc and Rangers agreed. Now you want to criticize the guy for not doing right by the Rangers? What does he get from the Rangers for leaving? The satisfaction of making the Rangers better? By leaving and playing somewhere else, he no would longer care if the Rangers are a better team.

Now - if he did agree to a trade - his odds for winning the cup would improve, but there are no locks in the NHL and Hank could be stuck in some backwater NHL city.
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-08-20 3:28 PM (#708841 - in reply to #708840)

Legend

x10003q - 2018-08-20 5:08 PM

I never look to Henrik for leadership on the ice...but throwing your arms up in the air and glaring at a guy after a goal is total BS........but I wonder a bit when Stepan told him to relax...Does the room not love him?

....I mean when Henrik has a bad game he will always say he needs to be better...then the BUT...... He wont agree to a trade because he wont want to give up his NYC rock star status

Hank wanted the nmc and Rangers agreed. Now you want to criticize the guy for not doing right by the Rangers? What does he get from the Rangers for leaving? The satisfaction of making the Rangers better? By leaving and playing somewhere else, he no would longer care if the Rangers are a better team.

Now - if he did agree to a trade - his odds for winning the cup would improve, but there are no locks in the NHL and Hank could be stuck in some backwater NHL city.

No...High School baseball we had fun

He has a NMC and the Rangers were stupid enough to give it to him...good for Henrik cany hate him for that....but if we are going to lose for Hughes and they gave him a way out....he didnt take it....He likes looking at his hair in NYC...Team needs to start not caring about players comforts...Build a team to win...I like it seems now JG is anti NMC now...How on Earth did Brendan Smith shake JG down for a NTC?
concust
Posted 2018-08-20 3:49 PM (#708842 - in reply to #708841)

Legend

Mikey Red - 2018-08-20 4:28 PM
How on Earth did Brendan Smith shake JG down for a NTC?

That's a great question, luckily it's a pretty loose NTC - he can basically pick half the league that he won't go to. Best bet with him is that he has a good year, and we deal him as a depth defenseman to a contender that's dealing with some injuries.
Mandar
Posted 2018-08-20 3:54 PM (#708844 - in reply to #708841)

MVP

Mikey Red - 2018-08-20 5:28 PM

So full of shi t.

Never got pissed when a pitcher walked guys? Never got mad when a teammate made an error? Never got frustrated when a pitcher threw a wild pitch? Never got mad when someone struck out looking with runners on base? And on and on and on....

No.... your high school baseball team all were having fun all the time.....
x10003q
Posted 2018-08-20 4:05 PM (#708845 - in reply to #708842)

MVP

concust - 2018-08-20 5:49 PM

Mikey Red - 2018-08-20 4:28 PM
How on Earth did Brendan Smith shake JG down for a NTC?

That's a great question, luckily it's a pretty loose NTC - he can basically pick half the league that he won't go to. Best bet with him is that he has a good year, and we deal him as a depth defenseman to a contender that's dealing with some injuries.

I actually think Smith will wake up this year. He was intense and relentless in the playoffs of 2017. He has to have that somewhere. He got benched after a few games last season and he really was not the worst guy on the ice at the time (Holden/Staal). I think AV was so desperate for offense, he let Holden and even Kampfer play ahead of Smith. Smith could really be a steadying influence if he finds his game. If that happens, he could return some decent assets at the trade deadline.
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-08-20 4:14 PM (#708846 - in reply to #708844)

Legend

Mandar - 2018-08-20 5:54 PM

Mikey Red - 2018-08-20 5:28 PM

So full of shi t.

Never got pissed when a pitcher walked guys? Never got mad when a teammate made an error? Never got frustrated when a pitcher threw a wild pitch? Never got mad when someone struck out looking with runners on base? And on and on and on....

No.... your high school baseball team all were having fun all the time.....

Nope...we got mad when we lost...we didnt point fingers or blame any 1 person...HS baseball rocked!
Jump to page : < ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 >
Now viewing page 21 [35 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2018 PD9 Software