Home Page
 OTG

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Lindy Ruff staying with Rangers
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [35 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Rangers -> Winter Is ComingMessage format

Mikey Red
Posted 2018-07-17 11:40 AM (#708151 - in reply to #707960)
Subject: Re: Lindy Ruff staying with Rangers

Legend

Hmmm....so 4 guys behind the bench?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
sureshore
Posted 2018-07-17 3:15 PM (#708161 - in reply to #707960)

All-Star

Rangers had 3 assistants under AV. I think one stays upstairs during games and mostly looks at video and leads the video sessions with the team.
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-07-17 3:17 PM (#708162 - in reply to #707960)

Legend

Yeah I hope thats what Ruff does
LeetchyMrRanger
Posted 2018-07-17 7:43 PM (#708173 - in reply to #707960)

All-Star

https://nypost.com/2018/07/17/rangers-makeover-continues-with-two-ro...
Rranger
Posted 2018-07-18 9:00 AM (#708181 - in reply to #708173)

MVP

Well there’s the answers who’s doing what. I'm a little disappointed he wasn't smart enough to google the distance from Sweden to Norway before his trip. Its not like Zuccarello is a big part of the team or anything. His excuse is ludicrous.
LeetchyMrRanger
Posted 2020-07-08 8:23 PM (#733656 - in reply to #707960)

All-Star

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-devils-name-ruff-head-001056585....
NTHockey
Posted 2020-07-09 7:12 AM (#733657 - in reply to #733656)

All-Star

Hope we get some kind of a draft pick. Seems like we've had to give up draft pick(s) whenever we signed a coach under contract to another team. Shero cost us a 1st round pick snd I think we gave up a draft pick for Keenan.

Besides it's the Devils.
Rranger
Posted 2020-07-09 7:46 AM (#733658 - in reply to #707960)

MVP

I'm pretty sure Ruff would have had a walk clause if offered a head coach job. Pretty standard for Assistant Coaches. When head coaches want to jump ship you get into compensation.
Fish
Posted 2020-07-09 11:40 AM (#733659 - in reply to #707960)

Publisher

Gord Murphy will come up from Hartford in place of Ruff during this potential playoff series
PV29
Posted 2020-07-09 11:55 AM (#733660 - in reply to #733659)

Scorer

Did the Devils have permission to talk with Ruff?

This story was started by Kevin Weekes of the NHL Network, but the Rangers have declined to comment as of yet. This seems odd considering the resumption of the season is two weeks away.

Many Rangers fans will celebrate Ruff leaving. I'm not one of them, especially with him staying within the division. There's no denying the development of Fox, Lindgren and D'Angelo on the backline this season, with Ruff running the defense. Also, Ruff's teams tend to be hard to play against and he'll have some talent to work with in NJ. Nope, don't like this at all.
x10003q
Posted 2020-07-09 2:03 PM (#733662 - in reply to #733660)

MVP

PV29 - 2020-07-09 1:55 PM

This story was started by Kevin Weekes of the NHL Network, but the Rangers have declined to comment as of yet. This seems odd considering the resumption of the season is two weeks away.

Many Rangers fans will celebrate Ruff leaving. I'm not one of them, especially with him staying within the division. There's no denying the development of Fox, Lindgren and D'Angelo on the backline this season, with Ruff running the defense. Also, Ruff's teams tend to be hard to play against and he'll have some talent to work with in NJ. Nope, don't like this at all.

On Ruff's watch, the Rangers were second worst in the NHL this season in shots against per game at 34 (3rd worst last season and worst 2 seasons ago), somehow Brady Skjei forgot how to play hockey and is gone and somehow Ryan Graves is plus 40 with 9g/17a and first pair in Colorado after being traded for essentially a bag of pucks (anybody know where Chris Bigras is?). Plus -Trouba was erratic on most nights.

Now it is hard to assign blame without being there everyday and having a good handle on how much of the D mess was Quinn's doing and who fycked up on Graves, but the D was not good at playing D. The goalies covered up lots of shyt D play as we watched many nights turn into shooting galleries.

I am happy to see Ruff gone.
NTHockey
Posted 2020-07-09 6:18 PM (#733663 - in reply to #733662)

All-Star

x10003q - 2020-07-09 4:03 PM

PV29 - 2020-07-09 1:55 PM

On Ruff's watch, the Rangers were second worst in the NHL this season in shots against per game at 34 (3rd worst last season and worst 2 seasons ago), somehow Brady Skjei forgot how to play hockey and is gone and somehow Ryan Graves is plus 40 with 9g/17a and first pair in Colorado after being traded for essentially a bag of pucks (anybody know where Chris Bigras is?). Plus -Trouba was erratic on most nights.

Now it is hard to assign blame without being there everyday and having a good handle on how much of the D mess was Quinn's doing and who fycked up on Graves, but the D was not good at playing D. The goalies covered up lots of shyt D play as we watched many nights turn into shooting galleries.

Chris Bigras signed with Philly and played for Lehigh Valley (AHL) this past season. So, basically we got nothing for Graves. Not to say he would have been first pair here; but we should have gotten something.
Rranger
Posted 2020-07-10 6:34 AM (#733666 - in reply to #707960)

MVP

The Rangers had it going when the pandemic hit. A lot of their defensive bleeding of early season had been improved as they matured as a group. Typical of a team with a lot of youth on the blueline. The improvement in DeAngelo, Fox and Lindgren needs no explanation, Ruff had something to do with that. I think Ruff had a lot more value than he gets credit for, but he's not irreplaceable and it will be interesting to see Quinn's long term coaching shuffle to fill the void.
PV29
Posted 2020-07-10 1:11 PM (#733668 - in reply to #733662)

Scorer

x10003q - 2020-07-09 4:03 PM

Starting three rookies on defense will usually result in lots of SOG. The real story is not reflected in the SOG stats (Carolina allowed the second-fewest shots in the league but lost all 4 games to the Rangers). The group as a whole improved significantly as the season progressed, to the point where the Rangers were fighting for a playoff spot with a rookie netminder.

Skjei had one good season while paired with Smith. After that, he was mediocre at best. He was still struggling in Carolina. Graves, a 4th round pick, never got a shot with the Rangers. How that can be pinned on Ruff is beyond my understanding.

Personally, I'm glad the Devils didn't hire Gallant or Laviolette. I thought either would've been a better choice for their young team. However, Ruff will make them better and they will be harder to play against. Anyway, he's gone and hopefully the Rangers get someone to continue the development of their young defense.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [35 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2020 PD9 Software