Home Page
 OTG

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Kevin Hayes Resigned
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [35 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Rangers -> Winter Is ComingMessage format

Rranger
Posted 2018-08-01 8:13 PM (#708325 - in reply to #708248)
Subject: Re: Kevin Hayes Resigned

All-Star

Until a market is established next spring you never really know. Will teams be allowed to talk to his agent to try to get a contract in place before trading? Is he open to signing a contract? Is he determined to go to free agency? A lot of balls in the air to predict his value. Although If he has his best year and there is a couple three teams in the market and he could be worth more than a bottom third first rounder.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Go NYR
Posted 2018-08-02 4:32 AM (#708327 - in reply to #708248)

Rookie

I don't know, handfuls of rental players are dealt each trade DL. A C who can score 20 goals and 45 points +/- (with upside for more), assuming he is having a solid year as a I said, is worth a late 1st in the rental markets we have seen the past handful of trade DL's.

Mikey Red
Posted 2018-08-02 6:44 AM (#708328 - in reply to #708327)

Legend

If you are trading Hayes who is 26....You have to get more back than the 28th pick.
Rranger
Posted 2018-08-02 7:44 AM (#708331 - in reply to #708248)

All-Star

The number of teams looking for a player like Hayes at the deadline, and his willingness to negotiate a contract pre trade will have a huge influence on his value. He's a gimme low round first minimum and that could climb if he rattles off a career year and beyond this year. If he does the Rangers will be in a interesting quandary. There is no way to tell how this plays out til it does. Zibanejad's play will ultimately factor in also. It will be one of those two gone at the deadline, thats all thats certain. .
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-08-02 7:47 AM (#708332 - in reply to #708248)

Legend

Yep...one of those 2 and Zuc ...trade them
DaTeL
Posted 2018-08-02 10:49 AM (#708336 - in reply to #708331)

Legend

Rranger - 2018-08-02 3:44 PM

The number of teams looking for a player like Hayes at the deadline, and his willingness to negotiate a contract pre trade will have a huge influence on his value. He's a gimme low round first minimum and that could climb if he rattles off a career year and beyond this year. If he does the Rangers will be in a interesting quandary. There is no way to tell how this plays out til it does. Zibanejad's play will ultimately factor in also. It will be one of those two gone at the deadline, thats all thats certain. .

Another factor that will come into play -- how well Chytil and Andersson are gonna play. If they're rocking, it's easier for the Rangers to part ways with Hayes because they're set in the middle.

If their play is underwhelming OTOH...
concust
Posted 2018-08-02 11:01 AM (#708337 - in reply to #708336)

Legend

DaTeL - 2018-08-02 11:49 AM

Another factor that will come into play -- how well Chytil and Andersson are gonna play. If they're rocking, it's easier for the Rangers to part ways with Hayes because they're set in the middle.

Well then you're screwed because at that point, you extend Hayes for 5 or 6 years? Then you have Zbad and Hayes locked up long term, whereas realistically, the kids had an an off year or a learning year, and you'd expect them to figure it out well before the Zbad/Hayes contracts are up.

If the kids can't hack it this year and they need to plan for next year, I bet they'd still trade Hayes and figure out some interim solution for a year or two. Get some aging vet who will take a two year deal and bridge until the kids are more ready.

Rranger
Posted 2018-08-02 11:37 AM (#708338 - in reply to #708337)

All-Star

concust - 2018-08-02 10:01 AM

Well then you're screwed because at that point, you extend Hayes for 5 or 6 years? Then you have Zbad and Hayes locked up long term, whereas realistically, the kids had an an off year or a learning year, and you'd expect them to figure it out well before the Zbad/Hayes contracts are up.

If the kids can't hack it this year and they need to plan for next year, I bet they'd still trade Hayes and figure out some interim solution for a year or two. Get some aging vet who will take a two year deal and bridge until the kids are more ready.

I don’t see any way the Rangers go into the 2019- 2020 season with both Zibanejad and Hayes. And it’s probably going to be Hayes gone. Because if he has the type of year that the Rangers want to sign him he’s going to cost more than Zibanejad, so he also has to play well enough to justify moving Zibanejad, and what will be Zibanejad lessor contract.
I think there is a leap left in Hayes game if Quinn can find his switch to get him to use his physical advantage in more areas of the ice, the guy could be a monster if he played with some attitude and some anger.
Hayes reminds me so much of junior hockey players with a boatload of talent that just can’t get the mental part of the game in place. Hayes is like that he can survive in this league as is but he has the raw talent and tools to be so much more. I would not be at all suprised to see Zibanejad become the trade guy if Hayes plays to his full talent and a contract can be hammered out.
DaTeL
Posted 2018-08-02 12:55 PM (#708339 - in reply to #708337)

Legend

concust - 2018-08-02 7:01 PM

I said it will come into play, not that it will determine the outcome as the sole factor.
The kids will get time to prove themselves. But they need to show good enough progress.

Plus, you still have Name and Spooner as temps if it comes to that.
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-08-02 2:41 PM (#708342 - in reply to #708248)

Legend

Kids need to show good enough progress? really?
DaTeL
Posted 2018-08-03 10:10 AM (#708368 - in reply to #708342)

Legend

Mikey Red - 2018-08-02 10:41 PM

Got anything valuable to add?
It doesn't make you look smart when you take a comment out of the conversation context and point at the author as Captain Obvious.

Only shows everybody that you can't follow conversation longer than one sentence. Or that you're stupid.
Shall we put it to a vote which one it is?

[Hint: there's a secret option c. It's both]
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-08-03 10:24 AM (#708369 - in reply to #708368)

Legend

DaTeL - 2018-08-03 12:10 PM

Mikey Red - 2018-08-02 10:41 PM

Got anything valuable to add?
It doesn't make you look smart when you take a comment out of the conversation context and point at the author as Captain Obvious.

Only shows everybody that you can't follow conversation longer than one sentence. Or that you're stupid.
Shall we put it to a vote which one it is?

[Hint: there's a secret option c. It's both]

Real groundbreaking analysis ...I can follow the conversation for at least 2 sentences
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-08-03 10:25 AM (#708370 - in reply to #708248)

Legend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K2teeclbR4
concust
Posted 2018-08-03 10:54 AM (#708371 - in reply to #708338)

Legend

Rranger - 2018-08-02 12:37 PM

I don’t see any way the Rangers go into the 2019- 2020 season with both Zibanejad and Hayes. And it’s probably going to be Hayes gone. Because if he has the type of year that the Rangers want to sign him he’s going to cost more than Zibanejad, so he also has to play well enough to justify moving Zibanejad, and what will be Zibanejad lessor contract.
I think there is a leap left in Hayes game if Quinn can find his switch to get him to use his physical advantage in more areas of the ice, the guy could be a monster if he played with some attitude and some anger.
Hayes reminds me so much of junior hockey players with a boatload of talent that just can’t get the mental part of the game in place. Hayes is like that he can survive in this league as is but he has the raw talent and tools to be so much more. I would not be at all suprised to see Zibanejad become the trade guy if Hayes plays to his full talent and a contract can be hammered out.

I also don't see them entering 2019-20 with both, because that means they'd both be locked up long term and that doesn't make sense.

I think the danger of expectations with Kevin Hayes is the same as Kreider has been fighting for years. People see the size and ability and they think "boy he could just be a monster" and that's true to a certain extent, if both could maximize their abilities they could be elite level players but that's not realistically going to happen.

IMO Kevin Hayes is already a very good two way center who scored 25 goals last year and was a little shy of 50 points. I dont' think Kevin Hayes is ever going to be an elite center, if he gets put in a more offensive role he has another year or two of upside left, but I think that means we can expect 25g and 55 points out of him, while being pretty responsible defensively, and with some fans still thinking he takes a night off here and there. Truth is he doesn't have elite level talent, and Rangers fans have been pining for an elite center basically since Messier, and until we draft one we're not going to have one. Hopefully one of the three kids we drafted in the past two years can get there.
Rranger
Posted 2018-08-04 8:04 AM (#708410 - in reply to #708336)

All-Star

DaTeL - 2018-08-02 9:49 AM

Well their pretty much set up to dump him so I'm assuming they expect Chytil and Andersson to be ready and producing by years end. Andersson was drafted last season ahead of higher rated prospects because he was supposed to be more NHl ready, better late than never. I think the goose is cooked with Hayes, the Rangers have created a environment for him this year to have his best season yet, although under the pressure of playing for a contract, but he's been around enough to play through that. If he has his career year up to date he will go to through free agency and he's gone, because he will get paid..
If Chytil and/or Andersson neither of whom are locks to even be on the team, are underwhelming this season, I'd say Gorton has a mess on his hands.
Rranger
Posted 2018-08-04 8:09 AM (#708411 - in reply to #708371)

All-Star

concust - 2018-08-03 9:54 AM

Rranger - 2018-08-02 12:37 PM

I also don't see them entering 2019-20 with both, because that means they'd both be locked up long term and that doesn't make sense.

I think the danger of expectations with Kevin Hayes is the same as Kreider has been fighting for years. People see the size and ability and they think "boy he could just be a monster" and that's true to a certain extent, if both could maximize their abilities they could be elite level players but that's not realistically going to happen.

IMO Kevin Hayes is already a very good two way center who scored 25 goals last year and was a little shy of 50 points. I dont' think Kevin Hayes is ever going to be an elite center, if he gets put in a more offensive role he has another year or two of upside left, but I think that means we can expect 25g and 55 points out of him, while being pretty responsible defensively, and with some fans still thinking he takes a night off here and there. Truth is he doesn't have elite level talent, and Rangers fans have been pining for an elite center basically since Messier, and until we draft one we're not going to have one. Hopefully one of the three kids we drafted in the past two years can get there.

Elite unlikely but able to play against and hold his own against elite centers likely, he's almost there now. Play with more passion and commitment to driving through the hard areas and he'd be better. Coaches channeling his energies in the right direction can still make him better.
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-08-04 9:24 AM (#708413 - in reply to #708248)

Legend

The site has gremlins again....R not a doubt in my mind that Gorton took Lias and Chytil to slot into the lineup to replace Stepan and Lindbergh at the very start of last season
Mjolnir
Posted 2018-08-04 10:11 AM (#708414 - in reply to #708371)

Legend

concust - 2018-08-03 12:54 PM

I agree -- it will be one or the other.....however, while Hayes is the obvious choice, all will depend on Zib...we know he cani produce numbers, but the question is whether he can stay healthy....

I don't believe Hayes' "expectations" were ever as much as Kreider's, even with his size. I recall people actually comparing Hayes to JJ due to his strength and his ability to hold on to the puck. That puck holding ability became a big asset when he played with Hagelin, Miller and Grabner...he was able to hold the puck for the extra second needed for them to spring free.

This is the reason Hayes will be traded. If they trade Zib instead of him, they will be forced push one of the kids into the 1C spot or make a trade. Hayes is not 1C material.
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-08-04 10:44 AM (#708416 - in reply to #708248)

Legend

Hayes has never broken 50 points yet....giving him a 6 x 6 NTC contract would be a disaster....I would like to trade Hayes , Zuc and Zib...to free up cap space for next years UFA class which is a 10 bell class
Rangerjunkie
Posted 2018-08-04 11:00 AM (#708417 - in reply to #708416)

All-Star

Mikey Red - 2018-08-04 10:44 AM

Hayes has never broken 50 points yet....giving him a 6 x 6 NTC contract would be a disaster....I would like to trade Hayes , Zuc and Zib...to free up cap space for next years UFA class which is a 10 bell class

You feel so strongly about it, that you posted it twice!!

Mikey Red
Posted 2018-08-04 11:08 AM (#708418 - in reply to #708417)

Legend

Rangerjunkie - 2018-08-04 1:00 PM

Mikey Red - 2018-08-04 10:44 AM

You feel so strongly about it, that you posted it twice!!

lol yep...I had to add something....Its a way to make a new post without "editing" it...just press the back button and re write...then delete the first one....Hows everything going bro? Yanks Sox this weekend ugly so far
Rangerjunkie
Posted 2018-08-04 11:11 AM (#708419 - in reply to #708248)

All-Star

Ugly isn't the word.
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-08-04 11:14 AM (#708420 - in reply to #708248)

Legend

Yeah totally...Severino forgot how to pitch lately
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-08-04 11:18 AM (#708421 - in reply to #708248)

Legend

Red Sox so far the ones dancing in the locker room to "Rock me tonight"
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-08-04 11:19 AM (#708422 - in reply to #708248)

Legend

RJ you better be lying about Quinn banning that song in the locker room!!!!!!
Rangerjunkie
Posted 2018-08-05 12:00 PM (#708463 - in reply to #708248)

All-Star

He'll allow the song, but NO video!!
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-08-05 1:56 PM (#708472 - in reply to #708463)

Legend

Rangerjunkie - 2018-08-05 2:00 PM

He'll allow the song, but NO video!!

hahahahahaaha I want the video included!
Rangerjunkie
Posted 2018-08-05 3:16 PM (#708481 - in reply to #708248)

All-Star

Video is banned!!
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-08-05 3:40 PM (#708492 - in reply to #708481)

Legend

Rangerjunkie - 2018-08-05 5:16 PM

Video is banned!!

hahahahahah thats such BS
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [35 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread