Home Page
 OTG

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ryan Spooner resigned
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [35 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Rangers -> Winter Is ComingMessage format

Mikey Red
Posted 2018-07-31 2:42 PM (#708286)
Subject: Ryan Spooner resigned

Legend

https://www.nhl.com/rangers/news/rangers-agree-to-terms-with-ryan-sp...
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-07-31 3:27 PM (#708287 - in reply to #708286)
Subject: Re: Ryan Spooner resigned

Legend

The sky is falling out there....Too many people confusing Hayes with Auston Matthews
Fish
Posted 2018-07-31 3:29 PM (#708288 - in reply to #708286)

Publisher

Well, I'm surprised as anyone that the Rangers resigned everyone. Perhaps what was being offered up in trades wasn't very much. So here we are, about 6 weeks or so from Traverse City, and the roster is kind of set...at least in terms of who is under contract. Going to be tough to project a starting line-up this year before the preseason.
Rranger
Posted 2018-07-31 5:56 PM (#708290 - in reply to #708286)

MVP

I don’t mind Spooner, he was fine down the stretch and one of many who’s game could take a leap under the right coach and hopefully that’s covered. . But Gorton kept his options open and probably added a little value by signing him for two seasons. There has to be some extra value at this years trade deadline with another year on his contract, and you never know maybe he turns into a keeper.
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-07-31 6:11 PM (#708291 - in reply to #708290)

Legend

Rranger - 2018-07-31 7:56 PM

I don’t mind Spooner, he was fine down the stretch and one of many who’s game could take a leap under the right coach and hopefully that’s covered. . But Gorton kept his options open and probably added a little value by signing him for two seasons. There has to be some extra value at this years trade deadline with another year on his contract, and you never know maybe he turns into a keeper.

I have no problem with Spooner either...and yes we will be making room for UFA Panarin or Sequin no doubt
robstones
Posted 2018-07-31 6:18 PM (#708292 - in reply to #708286)

Legend

4 million a year. Good for him
Go NYR
Posted 2018-07-31 6:33 PM (#708294 - in reply to #708286)

Rookie

I like the Spooner deal. Bought out a year of free agency and still got him at a 4 mill cap hit, nicely done Gorton. I will admit I am kind of shocked all the RFA's are back, but Gorton must have not gotten the offers he wanted for these guys, so keep them and deal them at the trade DL for picks/kids. If everyone stays healthy it could work out well. Need to have spots for some kids upfront though.

I actually like our forwards a lot. Our D is the big issue.

Beezer34
Posted 2018-08-01 3:59 AM (#708300 - in reply to #708286)

All-Star

I think te spooner deal is good I like him and I think he will play to that contract... Hayes makes TOO much but the upside of that is 1) He is a UFA at the end of the season so he will be wanting to be a prized UFA which means he might play lights out.. which is great.. and if he does ..the trade value goes up come Feb... and if he is a bum .. who cares he walks at the end of the season.. Skeji is a massive brain fart the kid is not great and should not be near that amount of money..and who knows maybe he is the second coming of Leetch but I do not see it.. he looks more MDZ than Leetch... and I think they are paying on what he COULD become... I am hoping all these deals are to make them appealing to other teams to help move them.. expiring UFA.. two seasons of a depth guy.. and a long term deal on a kid who could be great.. but my gut is.. overpaid UFA... middle of the road guy with upside. overpaid D man...
itsmcilrathtime
Posted 2018-08-01 9:13 AM (#708304 - in reply to #708286)

Scorer

Beezer. Get a clue dude. AV's system was retarded for defenseman. Hank was left out to dry the past 2 years. The farther this team got away from Torts defensive system, the worse they got. Problem with Torts was he couldn't coach offense. Hopefully, this new coach is can do both offense and defense. Vets couldn't play in AV's system. You expect young kids to? McDonagh was pretty crappy last year as well. Rangers also had too many, overpaid players who decided to take games off. Miller was a lazy dog. Stepan was a lazy dog. Yandle was a dog. Brassard turned into a lazy dog. Nash turned into a pansy after his concussions. Smith was beyond a lazy dog last year. When you have those kind of vets suddenly turn into crap and your system sucks, it's pretty hard for any player who gives a damn to look good. Especially young defenseman.
itsmcilrathtime
Posted 2018-08-01 9:17 AM (#708305 - in reply to #708286)

Scorer

Skjei should have a chance to grow with a new coach who from all reports likes working with young players. AV obviously didn't. He can grow with a new, young, core. Hopefully, play in a system where players hit, block some shots and actually cover the fn front of the net.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [35 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2018 PD9 Software