Home Page
 OTG

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Projected Line-up per Brooks
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... >
Now viewing page 2 [35 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Rangers -> Winter Is ComingMessage format

robstones
Posted 2018-08-03 5:33 PM (#708391 - in reply to #708308)
Subject: Re: Projected Line-up per Brooks

Legend

The reason Mike is down on Lias is because Mittlestadt was still on the board, and Mckenzie ranked Lias 14th instead of 7th. Between that, Pierre comparing his two way play to Fast, and him tossing that Silver medal into the crowd.... what more do you need to know?

Make no mistake, Howden seems ready. He will definitely ne competing for a spot, and because of that Hayes only gets the 1 year deal. Come trade deadline we could have Chytil, Howden, and Andersson all as full time NHLers potentially making Hayes an expendable trade piece.

That said, Andersson may be the best of the 3 in my opinion. Chytil has better offensive skills, but Andersson has the more complete game.

Howden is a couple inches taller though, so he's automatically better.

As has been stated it's hard to have any real comparisson without seeing them on the ice. Prospects grow leaps and bounds sometimes in a matter of 1 off season.

Edited by robstones 2018-08-03 5:36 PM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
robstones
Posted 2018-08-03 5:43 PM (#708392 - in reply to #708308)

Legend

https://www.nysportsday.com/2018/07/03/treff-2018-rangers-prospect-d...

This guy says he doesn't think Howden is ready yet....
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-08-03 5:58 PM (#708394 - in reply to #708391)

Legend

robstones - 2018-08-03 7:33 PM

The reason Mike is down on Lias is because Mittlestadt was still on the board, and Mckenzie ranked Lias 14th instead of 7th. Between that, Pierre comparing his two way play to Fast, and him tossing that Silver medal into the crowd.... what more do you need to know?

Make no mistake, Howden seems ready. He will definitely ne competing for a spot, and because of that Hayes only gets the 1 year deal. Come trade deadline we could have Chytil, Howden, and Andersson all as full time NHLers potentially making Hayes an expendable trade piece.

That said, Andersson may be the best of the 3 in my opinion. Chytil has better offensive skills, but Andersson has the more complete game.

As has been stated it's hard to have any real comparisson without seeing them on the ice. Prospects grow leaps and bounds sometimes in a matter of 1 off season.

Middlestadt is a top 5 prospect overall.... compared to Patrick Kane....Gorton blew it ...especially if Lias is only a bottom 9 guy...I hope Lias is a big time player for us but i have no confidence in the Rangers ability to draft....they miss way too much...and when he tossed the medal into the crowd I thought that was a punk move...spoiled brat stuff but whatever ...not gonna hang it on the kid.....and we traded Mac and JT....Howden BETTER be something special for us
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-08-03 5:59 PM (#708395 - in reply to #708392)

Legend

robstones - 2018-08-03 7:43 PM

I dont listen to Women to tell me about a Mans game
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-08-03 6:09 PM (#708396 - in reply to #708308)

Legend

Haha and Rob I will take the word of Bob Mackenzie, Darren Dregger etc....all 7 days of the week over Gordie Clark
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-08-03 6:15 PM (#708397 - in reply to #708308)

Legend

2015 draft and summer...everybody should of been fired
robstones
Posted 2018-08-03 7:57 PM (#708402 - in reply to #708395)

Legend

Mikey Red - 2018-08-03 7:59 PM

Ha you really did vote Trump, huh....
robstones
Posted 2018-08-03 8:12 PM (#708403 - in reply to #708394)

Legend

Mikey Red - 2018-08-03 7:58 PM

Middlestadt is a top 5 prospect overall.... compared to Patrick Kane....Gorton blew it ...especially if Lias is only a bottom 9 guy...I hope Lias is a big time player for us but i have no confidence in the Rangers ability to draft....they miss way too much...and when he tossed the medal into the crowd I thought that was a punk move...spoiled brat stuff but whatever ...not gonna hang it on the kid.....and we traded Mac and JT....Howden BETTER be something special for us

Even if Mittlestadt turns out to be better (neither have even had a rookie season, yet) that doesn't factor in to what Andersson is. It's impossible to say Gorton blew it at this point. You or I have no idea how either will truly pan out till it happens.

What I DO know is that the order in which these players are drafted or ranked rarely means much. Kyle Turris was drafted 3rd overall.... Logan Couture went 9th. Does that make Turris better? Thomas Hickey was the top defenseman that year..... PK Subban wasn't drafted till 43! The whole league passed on Subban! Fire all the scouts!
DaTeL
Posted 2018-08-04 1:08 AM (#708404 - in reply to #708396)

Legend

Mikey Red - 2018-08-04 2:09 AM

Haha and Rob I will take the word of Bob Mackenzie, Darren Dregger etc....all 7 days of the week over Gordie Clark

When in doubt, I always preferred believing people who actually do the job, have the long-term experience, credit and responsibility, over people who just sit in the studio / booth and talk about it.

Rangerjunkie
Posted 2018-08-04 5:59 AM (#708405 - in reply to #708308)

MVP

Quinn has banned "Rock me tonight" from the Rangers locker room!!
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-08-04 6:50 AM (#708406 - in reply to #708402)

Legend

robstones - 2018-08-03 9:57 PM

Mikey Red - 2018-08-03 7:59 PM

Ha you really did vote Trump, huh....

hahahaha I sure as heck didnt vote for Hillary
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-08-04 6:51 AM (#708407 - in reply to #708405)

Legend

Rangerjunkie - 2018-08-04 7:59 AM

Quinn has banned "Rock me tonight" from the Rangers locker room!!

Lol he should be fired on the spot
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-08-04 6:52 AM (#708408 - in reply to #708404)

Legend

DaTeL - 2018-08-04 3:08 AM

Mikey Red - 2018-08-04 2:09 AM

When in doubt, I always preferred believing people who actually do the job, have the long-term experience, credit and responsibility, over people who just sit in the studio / booth and talk about it.

That should be the case but we miss too much
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-08-04 6:55 AM (#708409 - in reply to #708403)

Legend

robstones - 2018-08-03 10:12 PM

Even if Mittlestadt turns out to be better (neither have even had a rookie season, yet) that doesn't factor in to what Andersson is. It's impossible to say Gorton blew it at this point. You or I have no idea how either will truly pan out till it happens.

What I DO know is that the order in which these players are drafted or ranked rarely means much. Kyle Turris was drafted 3rd overall.... Logan Couture went 9th. Does that make Turris better? Thomas Hickey was the top defenseman that year..... PK Subban wasn't drafted till 43! The whole league passed on Subban! Fire all the scouts!

You are right and we will see...but our track record isnt great.... Sanguinetti...Mclrath...Del Zotto etc....
x10003q
Posted 2018-08-04 2:33 PM (#708423 - in reply to #708409)

MVP

Mikey Red - 2018-08-04 8:55 AM

robstones - 2018-08-03 10:12 PM

You are right and we will see...but our track record isnt great.... Sanguinetti...Mclrath...Del Zotto etc....

Sorry, you cannot use Del Zotto as an example - 566 NHL games out of a 20th pick says that was a quality pick. 2008 also had Stepan at 51.
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-08-04 3:59 PM (#708425 - in reply to #708308)

Legend

I disagree.....We got rid of Del Zotto...so for a 1st rounder he was a bust...he's on his 4th team...3rd pair d man at best....even at the draft I remember hearing Pierre he didnt like the pick...I dont mention Stepan because he was not a 1st rounder
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-08-04 4:05 PM (#708426 - in reply to #708425)

Legend

In 1 way X you are certainly right....Us as NYR fans should celebrate Del Zotto because he actually made it to the nhl....we aren’t used to that
robstones
Posted 2018-08-04 6:57 PM (#708428 - in reply to #708308)

Legend

I say this every time.... why do we only consider Del Sucko, Sanguinetti, and McIlrath as our track record? Why not Kreider, Miller, Skjei? They're more recent 1st rounders.... We selected plenty of quality NHL talent in the rounds after the 1st, too. And I have to bring up Cherepanov everytime we talk about our track record too.... the loss of him was a major blow to this organization. He should be a 29 year old going in to his 10th NHL season now, but sadly that's not the case..... kid was going to be a stud....

I think Gordie has done well with what he's had to work with.

Mikey Red
Posted 2018-08-04 7:11 PM (#708429 - in reply to #708308)

Legend

No way dude...2015 draft...0 for the whole thing.....Its ok to miss in the 1st round once in a while but not like the Rangers miss....go back and look over many years its awful ....Kreider when he tries is a force out there...problem is he doesnt bring it every night and goes 20 games without knowing he is even playing....JT Miller I like but we got rid of him...so what does that say?....Skjei I like and we will see....yes we picked guys in later rounds like Jesper Fast Duby and Cally.....but there are way way way too many missess

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/teams/dr00007089.html
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-08-04 7:15 PM (#708430 - in reply to #708308)

Legend

And if you want to nit pick....Kravstov did nothing during the season but had a great playoff.....K Miller is converted D man and they gave up a pick to get him....Nils Lvisy Gordie said he liked him because he saw him carry the puck up the ice in 1 game and went through everyone and scored a goal.....a F'n goalie in Rd 2? with Wilde and Mcleod there? I think Gordie is atrocious and Gorton should be in charge of all scouting and draft related stuff....throw Gordie the hell out of the building
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-08-04 7:18 PM (#708431 - in reply to #708308)

Legend

Having 7 picks or whatever in a draft and only 0 to 1 kid ever making it is so F'n not good enough.....Gordie sure can find those 4th liners out there
robstones
Posted 2018-08-04 9:02 PM (#708433 - in reply to #708308)

Legend

Gordie isn't the only scout.... he liked what he saw out of Nils when he went to see him.... but he went to see him for a reason. Other scouts in the organization told him he had to see him! He was voted the best defenseman in the league over Adam Boqvist!..... Gordie certainly wasn't the only one that liked him.

And the goalie we took started for Team Sweden, and was voted the best goalie in the tournament. I haven't seen much of him, so I imagine you haven't either..... that said how can you possibly have a strong oppinion on the selection???

If he turns out to be the best goalie of the draft, as he was the best in the WJC, then what isn't to like about it? Goalies have so much value if/when they pan out to be NHLers.... even backups....

Kravtsov didn't "do nothing".... he was a 17 year old playing in the KHL who earned ice time.... quality ice time, by season's end, and it's because of that he didn't just do well, he put up Kovalchuk numbers.... he was one of the best players in the league.

Miller is a converted Dman..... and have you seen him!? I'm not worried about the pick

Speaking of Miller... how does us trading him make him less of a player?

Kreider has a 28g 25a season under his belt. 30 goals is surely possible.... of course we want more out of him, but if this is all he has..... how is a 50+ point getter anything to scoff at???
Rranger
Posted 2018-08-04 9:10 PM (#708434 - in reply to #708334)

MVP

Fish - 2018-08-02 9:41 AM

I think too much is being ascribed to Vigneault. DeAngelo has already played under two NHL coaches, and was part of a third organization that used him as a trade chip to get a 2nd round pick from Arizona in 2016...that suggests Tampa didn't think very highly of him, having had him for two years as a 19th overall draft pick. Interesting fact, the 2nd round pick they acquired turned into Libor Hajek.

Anyway, DeAngelo is probably a C+ type prospect at the moment, meaning that he's likely not going to make it as an NHLer, but still has a chance to get things right. For me it just seems he doesn't have the patience or aptitude for the defensive side of the game. He's shown some decent offensive instincts, but he's not good enough at that to overcome his shortfalls on the other end. I don't expect he's going to miraculously figure that out

I think the fact nobody has been moved out this summer, speaks somewhat to the Rangers wanting a look at their team under different leadership. From what I’ve seen of DeAngelo he either breaks through offensively and hopefully is reasonably safe defensively or he’s not much use. Undersized non offence drivers are a last resort. This is his career signature camp coming up,he either gets his game together or he can pretty much start planning his personal finances on AHL money.
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-08-04 9:26 PM (#708435 - in reply to #708433)

Legend

robstones - 2018-08-04 11:02 PM

Gordie isn't the only scout.... he liked what he saw out of Nils when he went to see him.... but he went to see him for a reason. Other scouts in the organization told him he had to see him! He was voted the best defenseman in the league over Adam Boqvist!..... Gordie certainly wasn't the only one that liked him.

And the goalie we took started for Team Sweden, and was voted the best goalie in the tournament. I haven't seen much of him, so I imagine you haven't either..... that said how can you possibly have a strong oppinion on the selection???

If he turns out to be the best goalie of the draft, as he was the best in the WJC, then what isn't to like about it? Goalies have so much value if/when they pan out to be NHLers.... even backups....

Kravtsov didn't "do nothing".... he was a 17 year old playing in the KHL who earned ice time.... quality ice time, by season's end, and it's because of that he didn't just do well, he put up Kovalchuk numbers.... he was one of the best players in the league.

Miller is a converted Dman..... and have you seen him!? I'm not worried about the pick

Kreider has a 28g 25a season under his belt. 30 goals is surely possible.... of course we want more out of him, but if this is all he has..... how is a 50+ point getter anything to scoff at???

Final decisions are with Gordie...which is not right....We already have 3 goalies now if you include Shesty...we dont need to draft one in round 2...bad move...like I said with Krav...nitpicking...K Miller Im not worried...yet...but we gave up a good pick to get him.....Trading JT means he didnt mean anything to the team going forward...not wanted anymore....Kreider has broken 50 pts once...was on the block last season ...you have to admit he is a headcase....too much video...not enough just go out there and play your game etc...
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-08-04 9:29 PM (#708437 - in reply to #708434)

Legend

Rranger - 2018-08-04 11:10 PM

Fish - 2018-08-02 9:41 AM

I think too much is being ascribed to Vigneault. DeAngelo has already played under two NHL coaches, and was part of a third organization that used him as a trade chip to get a 2nd round pick from Arizona in 2016...that suggests Tampa didn't think very highly of him, having had him for two years as a 19th overall draft pick. Interesting fact, the 2nd round pick they acquired turned into Libor Hajek.

Anyway, DeAngelo is probably a C+ type prospect at the moment, meaning that he's likely not going to make it as an NHLer, but still has a chance to get things right. For me it just seems he doesn't have the patience or aptitude for the defensive side of the game. He's shown some decent offensive instincts, but he's not good enough at that to overcome his shortfalls on the other end. I don't expect he's going to miraculously figure that out

I think the fact nobody has been moved out this summer, speaks somewhat to the Rangers wanting a look at their team under different leadership. From what I’ve seen of DeAngelo he either breaks through offensively and hopefully is reasonably safe defensively or he’s not much use. Undersized non offence drivers are a last resort. This is his career signature camp coming up,he either gets his game together or he can pretty much start planning his personal finances on AHL money.

Yep and if he dont make it.....the trade becomes an official disaster
Go NYR
Posted 2018-08-05 6:18 AM (#708438 - in reply to #708308)

Rookie

First off to make any judgements on the kids we just drafted is pretty much laughable. They may be hits and they may be misses, but to comment on them at all now with regards to misses is comical.

As for the Stepan deal, that was a HR deal with or without DeAngelo panning out. Raise your hand if you want Stepan and his 6.5 mill cap hit and NTC here...I'm waiting for that one. And just like with the picks from this season we have no clue on Andresson and Chytil yet...none. They may pan out and they may be misses. This coming season will go a long way in determining their abilities.

As for our drafts, here is what I'll say. We have been middle of the road. We haven't been the best and we haven't been the worst. We have hits and we have misses. BUT we also had year after year with no 1st round picks. We cannot dismiss that. And to be real, with 5 picks in the 1st round the past two drafts I think Clark's overall grade should be assessed starting with this season Andersson/Chytil and next season with the trio of picks in this recent draft. To me that is how I will judge Clark, how did he do with these 5 picks the past two drafts.

Mikey Red
Posted 2018-08-05 6:46 AM (#708439 - in reply to #708438)

Legend

We got our ass kicked on the Stephan trade....I wanted Stepan gone because of his contract but he was our 1st line center.....if I knew that all we would be getting back was what we got then yes....I would rather of kept Stepan
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-08-05 6:57 AM (#708440 - in reply to #708308)

Legend

We traded our 1C and a borderline starting goalie and we got TD who is 21 or 22 and on his 3rd team already and the 7 pick where he didn’t take the best player available ....will Lias ever become our 1C? I hope so but it ain’t gonna be this year or next year if at all
Rranger
Posted 2018-08-05 8:26 AM (#708445 - in reply to #708433)

MVP

robstones - 2018-08-04 8:02 PM

Olof lindbom the goalie was not the best WJC goalie. WJC is the World Junior Championship, he was not in the WJC tournament last Christmas. He was in the World Junior Championship under 18 championship this spring involving under 18 players prepping for the World junior Championship. Often players who excel at the under 18's play in the following World Junior championship. He has it to do to make the 2019 World junior Team. Many's the player to shine at the under 18's never to be heard from again. here's hoping he does well and justify's the draft reach questions in just about every article and scouting report written about him.
TSN carried all the just concluded 2018 under 18 summer showcase games, for a welcome mid summer hockey fix.
Go NYR
Posted 2018-08-05 9:01 AM (#708448 - in reply to #708308)

Rookie

I simply could not disagree with you more on Stepan. We dealt a solid player who was about to have a terrible contract kick in, and for that we got the # 7 pick, which could still be a very big player for us, and cap space.

Stepan is a nice player. A player who will score mid 50's in points (as he has done for 5 straight seasons), but he was about to be overpaid AND locked in with a NTC as well.

That was a great trade by Gorton given Stepan's contract was a huge negative for contending teams. I would make that trade every single day of the week.

Again, I couldn't disagree with you more on that trade, and I say that without even knowing what type of player Andersson will become. If he becomes a good solid player as well the trade goes to a whole different level.

Go NYR
Posted 2018-08-05 9:04 AM (#708449 - in reply to #708308)

Rookie

And please don't give me the borderline starting goalie stuff. The guy had one season left and then was a UFA, which we NEVER could have kept him. And he never would have gotten enough PT that one year to make a difference. So for us Raanta was a throw in and a sweetener for the # 7 pick from Zona, nothing more.

Mikey Red
Posted 2018-08-05 9:13 AM (#708451 - in reply to #708308)

Legend

Good disagree more....The return we got speaks for itself....Look at Ryan O'Reilly also a 2nd round pick...look at his 2 times he was traded and the returns the Avs got and Sabres got.
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-08-05 9:15 AM (#708452 - in reply to #708308)

Legend

https://www.diebytheblade.com/2018/7/1/17524056/ryan-oreilly-trade-b...

https://thehockeywriters.com/ryan-oreilly-colorado-avalanche-trade/
Go NYR
Posted 2018-08-05 9:35 AM (#708454 - in reply to #708308)

Rookie

I agree, the return speaks for itself. Good deal for us to get out from under Stepan's contract and get the # 7 pick in the draft. I do find it funny that you are so strongly judging the trade negatively without even knowing at all what type of player Andersson will be, but that seems to be how you roll.

Go NYR
Posted 2018-08-05 9:42 AM (#708456 - in reply to #708308)

Rookie

And BTW...ROR has 3 seasons of 60 points or more, Stepan has zero. And ROR has 4 seasons of 20 goals or more, Stepan has one. So ROR is a little better than Stepan as well. We got the # 7 pick to get out from Stepan's contract, and I am very okay with that. Let's hope that pick is a hit which takes the deal to another level.

Jump to page : < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... >
Now viewing page 2 [35 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2020 PD9 Software