Home Page
 OTG

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Final cuts.
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [35 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Rangers -> Winter Is ComingMessage format

Rangerjunkie
Posted 2018-09-29 9:58 AM (#710138 - in reply to #710095)
Subject: Re: Final cuts.

All-Star

One other concern has to be, that when they drafted Lias they said he IS NHL ready. This is his second training camp and he did not make the team again.

How is someone NHL ready, and then not make the team 2 years in a row? Nothing against the kid, but it makes me wonder about the decision makers.

Edited by Rangerjunkie 2018-09-29 10:11 AM
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-09-29 10:14 AM (#710139 - in reply to #710138)

Legend

Rangerjunkie - 2018-09-29 11:58 AM

One other concern has to be, that when they drafted Lias they said he IS NHL ready. This is his second training camp and he did not make the team again.

How is someone NHL ready, and then not make the team 2 years in a row? Nothing against the kid, but it makes me wonder about the decision makers.

Yep...and Lias better man up...and not mope
Rranger
Posted 2018-09-29 11:09 AM (#710140 - in reply to #710137)

All-Star

Rangerjunkie - 2018-09-29 8:51 AM

Anderson was good enough for the Rangers to find 5-8 minutes a game. Thats less than 3 minutes per period. That would not have helped his progression as a player. Let him play 20-25 minutes a night in Hartford to improve his game and experience.

I am hoping that he doesn't have an attitude problem.

The being good enough to play 5-8 minutes was explained by JG

I’m glad you brought up, it’s not good for Andersson to only play 5-8 minutes per game. That’s a recorded message played over and over when a young player gets sent down. Usually because a Peter Holland limited ability but NHL vet is available. But in this case they kept Howden over Andersson. Another young player with no NHL experience. So based on Gorton doesn’t want Andersson playing 5-8 minutes a game, we can assume he doesn’t want Howden only playing 5-8 minutes a game or do we assume for the greater good of Andersson we can sacrifice Howden development playing him 5-8 minutes a game. Or is it more likely the coaching staff is comfortable at this point in time giving Howden more ice time than Andersson? And you can bet management and coaches had that discussion.
Vua
Posted 2018-09-29 11:37 AM (#710141 - in reply to #710136)

All-Star

Rranger - 2018-09-29 8:34 AM

There is no hidden agenda on the Rangers behalf to send down Andersson and keep Howden. Teams are not in the habit of keeping a guy to give him experience and send down a supposed better proven player. That's asinine. Quinn's quote about Howden

"""[Howden is] a guy that plays a 200-foot game,” Quinn said. “He’s got a great mind, plays fast, he’s energetic. He earned his spot on this team.”""""

Reality is Quinn and the decision makers liked Howden's game more at this time. And after the last game and three Andersson defensive zone turnovers in one shift, its easy to see why. That is of course if you pay attention to that stuff, like the evaluators do.
I've said since he was drafted, the Rangers blew it not selecting a potential franchise offensive number one center and power play stud in Casey Middlestadt, supposedly because Andersson was the more ready player, and if Andersson's preparedness for the NHL last year was the reason he was picked ahead of Middlestadt who's already firmly established and a key cog on Buffalo's roster, then ya the Rangers out thought themselves not picking the player with the highest ceiling.
Andersson can obviously still be a player, but he's got holes in his game, that he needs to work on in Hartford. He should have been there at the start of last season instead of yodelling over in Sweden learning nothing about pro hockey in north America. Accomplishing so little the Rangers wanted him out of there. His entire last season was one moving adjustment after another playing for four different teams. You can absolutely blame the Rangers for that roster jumping ****show.
Meanwhile Howdens playing in the best junior development league in the world, getting experience in all aspects of the game, utilizing and improving all his skills every day. Andersson should have been doing the same thing, he would have been a better player right now. Instead he spent his entire season adjusting to where he was playing, instead of broadening his game learning to push himself and excell in all areas of the game.
Its obvious something wasn't working in Andersson's development, based on the mid season move to N.A. and at this point in time, its safe to say the Rangers have so far mishandled the kid. Lets hope they get it right this year.

Sorry but the SEL is a better league than the AHL and is the closest of the international leagues to the NHL in terms of style of play. He was playing against men in what is regarded as the 3rd best hockey league in the world.
Rranger
Posted 2018-09-29 12:02 PM (#710142 - in reply to #710141)

All-Star

Vua - 2018-09-29 10:37 AM

Rranger - 2018-09-29 8:34 AM

There is no hidden agenda on the Rangers behalf to send down Andersson and keep Howden. Teams are not in the habit of keeping a guy to give him experience and send down a supposed better proven player. That's asinine. Quinn's quote about Howden

"""[Howden is] a guy that plays a 200-foot game,” Quinn said. “He’s got a great mind, plays fast, he’s energetic. He earned his spot on this team.”""""

Reality is Quinn and the decision makers liked Howden's game more at this time. And after the last game and three Andersson defensive zone turnovers in one shift, its easy to see why. That is of course if you pay attention to that stuff, like the evaluators do.
I've said since he was drafted, the Rangers blew it not selecting a potential franchise offensive number one center and power play stud in Casey Middlestadt, supposedly because Andersson was the more ready player, and if Andersson's preparedness for the NHL last year was the reason he was picked ahead of Middlestadt who's already firmly established and a key cog on Buffalo's roster, then ya the Rangers out thought themselves not picking the player with the highest ceiling.
Andersson can obviously still be a player, but he's got holes in his game, that he needs to work on in Hartford. He should have been there at the start of last season instead of yodelling over in Sweden learning nothing about pro hockey in north America. Accomplishing so little the Rangers wanted him out of there. His entire last season was one moving adjustment after another playing for four different teams. You can absolutely blame the Rangers for that roster jumping ****show.
Meanwhile Howdens playing in the best junior development league in the world, getting experience in all aspects of the game, utilizing and improving all his skills every day. Andersson should have been doing the same thing, he would have been a better player right now. Instead he spent his entire season adjusting to where he was playing, instead of broadening his game learning to push himself and excell in all areas of the game.
Its obvious something wasn't working in Andersson's development, based on the mid season move to N.A. and at this point in time, its safe to say the Rangers have so far mishandled the kid. Lets hope they get it right this year.

Sorry but the SEL is a better league than the AHL and is the closest of the international leagues to the NHL in terms of style of play. He was playing against men in what is regarded as the 3rd best hockey league in the world.

Nobody said it was not a good league. No need for you to be sorry. The facts are the Rangers pulled him out of the league. I’m assuming it wasn’t because they were thrilled with his development, probably because it’s NOT a North American prototype development league. It’s a adult league with different rules and objectives, that makes its money selling tickets, not worrying about developing kids for NHL teams. Frolunda cares a lot more about winning games than Lias Andersson’s development.

Edited by Rranger 2018-09-29 4:15 PM
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-09-30 7:35 AM (#710146 - in reply to #710142)

Legend

I find it hard to believe that they want Howden here after they traded for him to play mop up minutes....The believe in this kid and he is better than Lias....Gordie Clarke should be fired
itsmcilrathtime
Posted 2018-10-01 4:17 AM (#710154 - in reply to #710095)

Scorer

People need to worry less about Andersson and more about why this organization continues to bend over for Chytil when he's shown nothing for the most part other than an occasional flash. That and the fact they do nothing but clutter up the defense with vets and our GM has his head up his ass and won't make room for young, talented, defenseman prospects.
itsmcilrathtime
Posted 2018-10-01 4:23 AM (#710155 - in reply to #710095)

Scorer

The question is should Gorton be fired soon. When you acquire 3 defenseman at the deadline and DeAngelo in the Stepan deal, then you draft a lefty defenseman in the first round, a righty defenseman in the first round, you basically are admitting your trades sucked. Especially when the system is void of wings for the most part.
Rranger
Posted 2018-10-01 8:47 AM (#710156 - in reply to #710146)

All-Star

Mikey Red - 2018-09-30 6:35 AM

I find it hard to believe that they want Howden here after they traded for him to play mop up minutes....The believe in this kid and he is better than Lias....Gordie Clarke should be fired

It also would have been easy to send Howden down to Hartford and kept a Holland or Fogarty. They kept Howden for a reason, they feel he is ready, and as I mentioned earlier they are not keeping him to play the minimal minutes the Rangers didn't want Andersson to only play. Howdens going to get his feet dunked and its going to be on him to stick. As mentioned by others Chytil hasn't been brilliant, and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Howden's two way game pass Chytil on the depth chart after the first game or two. If that happens Chytil likely would be sent down, and I could see Fogarty or Holland brought up as the fourth line center. That would allow Andersson and Chytil to be the go to top two centermen in Hartford for 1/2 a season, put in their work and then reevaluate their readiness.
The dumbest thing the Rangers did was justify the pick of Andersson, which was criticized by many prognosticators, by labelling him the most NHL ready available player. All they had to do was pump the kids all round game and say we really like him and leave it at that. It put a lot extra pressure on the kid to make the team last season, even more this season and now the pressure will be ramped up even more when his next attempt to stick with the Rangers takes place. It will be microscoped by the media, who will have their draft crash and burn stories already written. So he better be ready.
The Rangers need to upgrade their player development dept. You can draft the best skilled players all you want, but if you can't develop them your dead.
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-10-01 9:35 AM (#710158 - in reply to #710156)

Legend

Rranger - 2018-10-01 10:47 AM

Mikey Red - 2018-09-30 6:35 AM

It also would have been easy to send Howden down to Hartford and kept a Holland or Fogarty. They kept Howden for a reason, they feel he is ready, and as I mentioned earlier they are not keeping him to play the minimal minutes the Rangers didn't want Andersson to only play. Howdens going to get his feet dunked and its going to be on him to stick. As mentioned by others Chytil hasn't been brilliant, and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Howden's two way game pass Chytil on the depth chart after the first game or two. If that happens Chytil likely would be sent down, and I could see Fogarty or Holland brought up as the fourth line center. That would allow Andersson and Chytil to be the go to top two centermen in Hartford for 1/2 a season, put in their work and then reevaluate their readiness.
The dumbest thing the Rangers did was justify the pick of Andersson, which was criticized by many prognosticators, by labelling him the most NHL ready available player. All they had to do was pump the kids all round game and say we really like him and leave it at that. It put a lot extra pressure on the kid to make the team last season, even more this season and now the pressure will be ramped up even more when his next attempt to stick with the Rangers takes place. It will be microscoped by the media, who will have their draft crash and burn stories already written. So he better be ready.
The Rangers need to upgrade their player development dept. You can draft the best skilled players all you want, but if you can't develop them your dead.

Yep I agree....Heatl has done nothing so far either.....Wait it gets better...They took Kravstov based off of 1 playoff....They took a new project d man in Miller....Then they took a small Euro d man Nils because Gordie saw him go end to end 1 game.....
itsmcilrathtime
Posted 2018-10-01 11:06 AM (#710160 - in reply to #710095)

Scorer

Taking a goalie in the second round when you have one of the best goalie prospects in the world is retarded. That move shows me that neither Gorton or Clark at this point can be trusted. I was a huge Clark guy all along. However, for Clark to sign off on that goalie picks is beyond stupid. Especially when your system is loaded on D and in goal. You need wings stupid. Especially wings that shoot righty.
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-10-01 11:23 AM (#710162 - in reply to #710095)

Legend

Yep dude....I hate the 2nd round Goalie pick.....Lindbom wasnt even the highest rated goalie either...From what I get...I think all draft picks are Clarkes call and no one else
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-10-01 11:25 AM (#710163 - in reply to #710095)

Legend

Crawley has been sent to Hartford...I hope he keeps it going...he has a future
concust
Posted 2018-10-01 12:00 PM (#710169 - in reply to #710163)

Legend

Mikey Red - 2018-10-01 12:25 PM

He was only still here because he was on IR otherwise would have been sent down sooner. Still, I really like this kid, hard nosed, tough to play against. Great value pick. Hometown kid (Glen Rock NJ)
itsmcilrathtime
Posted 2018-10-03 4:00 AM (#710179 - in reply to #710095)

Scorer

It's hard to have a future on defense here when your GM adds Shattenkirk, McQuaid and Smith and keeps Staal.
Vua
Posted 2018-10-03 5:27 AM (#710180 - in reply to #710179)

All-Star

itsmcilrathtime - 2018-10-03 4:00 AM

It's hard to have a future on defense here when your GM adds Shattenkirk, McQuaid and Smith and keeps Staal.

Did you really expect them to trade everyone in a single off-season? Shattenkirk and Smith were here before they decided to rebuild. Staal is going to have to be traded at the right moment if at all. As much as we all want the young kids to play, benching or dumping vets that have value will only destroy that value. You don't rebuild in one off-season. And you want a couple good vets around to provide leadership.
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-10-03 7:07 AM (#710181 - in reply to #710169)

Legend

concust - 2018-10-01 2:00 PM

Mikey Red - 2018-10-01 12:25 PM

He was only still here because he was on IR otherwise would have been sent down sooner. Still, I really like this kid, hard nosed, tough to play against. Great value pick. Hometown kid (Glen Rock NJ)

Yep...Bergen Catholic Boy
x10003q
Posted 2018-10-03 8:13 AM (#710182 - in reply to #710180)

MVP

Vua - 2018-10-03 7:27 AM

Did you really expect them to trade everyone in a single off-season? Shattenkirk and Smith were here before they decided to rebuild. Staal is going to have to be traded at the right moment if at all. As much as we all want the young kids to play, benching or dumping vets that have value will only destroy that value. You don't rebuild in one off-season. And you want a couple good vets around to provide leadership.

Plus - McQuaid in the last year of a $2mill contract with a $2.75mill cap hit. He is easy to move.
Rranger
Posted 2018-10-03 8:47 AM (#710183 - in reply to #710182)

All-Star

x10003q - 2018-10-03 7:13 AM

Vua - 2018-10-03 7:27 AM

Plus - McQuaid in the last year of a $2mill contract with a $2.75mill cap hit. He is easy to move.

And McQuaid is part of Gordon’s plan play him, and then trade him at the deadline for hopefully a higher price, and by then Hajek and or Lindgren should be ready. the acquisition and soon to be trade of McQuaid offers a lot of insight into Gorton's thinking and planning. Add Zucc, Hayes? possibly Staal and Namestnikov and others to the McQuaid deadline trade, and you get another layer of picks and prospects. And by the deadline one hopes Pionk, DeAngelo, Hajek, Lindgren, Howden, Andersson, Chytil, and Lettieri have gained solid spots in the NHL. And that is a pretty decent reload in a short time.

Edited by Rranger 2018-10-03 11:06 AM
itsmcilrathtime
Posted 2018-10-03 12:03 PM (#710184 - in reply to #710095)

Scorer

There is no reason to not play Hajek now. He's ready. He needs a spot. Staal should have been gone in the off-season. He has a solid year last year. The time to move him was the summer. Gorton has shown already he waits way too long to move guys.
Vua
Posted 2018-10-03 12:17 PM (#710185 - in reply to #710184)

All-Star

itsmcilrathtime - 2018-10-03 12:03 PM

There is no reason to not play Hajek now. He's ready. He needs a spot. Staal should have been gone in the off-season. He has a solid year last year. The time to move him was the summer. Gorton has shown already he waits way too long to move guys.

The market died over the summer. As soon as Karlsson became a trade target everything stopped. And after the season you said the Rangers should keep him as a mentor for the young defensemen. Come on.
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-10-03 1:46 PM (#710186 - in reply to #710095)

Legend

Rangers going with 5 A's...Kreider, Zuc, Staal, Zib, Albert
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-10-03 1:48 PM (#710187 - in reply to #710095)

Legend

Zib and Zuc will be the home A's....Kreider and Albert will be the road A's....Staal will will be an A for all games
concust
Posted 2018-10-03 1:59 PM (#710188 - in reply to #710186)

Legend

Mikey Red - 2018-10-03 2:46 PM

Rangers going with 5 A's...Kreider, Zuc, Staal, Zib, Albert

Staal with the only permanent A.

The other 4 will alternate, 2 for home games 2 for away games.

Probably the right thing to do with as many uncertainties as there are. I don't disagree with the decision at all, especially when you consider most of the frontrunners for a C might be trade bait at the end of the year.
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-10-03 2:20 PM (#710189 - in reply to #710095)

Legend

Tom Wilson got 20 games...
rjpny75
Posted 2018-10-03 2:55 PM (#710190 - in reply to #710095)

Rookie

I think we can quit the Albert references since AV is no longer the coach. Fast absolutely deserves to wear the A.
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-10-03 3:10 PM (#710192 - in reply to #710095)

Legend

I would have given it to Hayes before quickie....I want North American leadership
robstones
Posted 2018-10-03 3:37 PM (#710193 - in reply to #710095)

Legend

Mika is going to be an animal this year. He's my dark horse pick to emerge as the next captain of this team when the dust settles.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [35 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2018 PD9 Software