Home Page
 OTG

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Game 12: New York Rangers @ San Jose Sharks 10/30/18 - 10:30PM - MSG
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : < ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Now viewing page 9 [35 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Rangers -> Winter Is ComingMessage format

Rangerjunkie
Posted 2018-11-01 8:01 AM (#712961 - in reply to #712954)
Subject: Re: Game 12: New York Rangers @ San Jose Sharks 10/30/18 - 10:30PM - MSG

All-Star

itsmcilrathtime - 2018-11-01 3:28 AM

Steady Eddie - 2018-10-31 2:53 PM

itsmcilrathtime - 2018-10-31 12:51 PM

Fast is one of the best players on the team you ungrateful assholes. He rarely makes a mistake. Get over it.

The game was on his stick and he blew it. He choked.

So what you fool. It was one game. Buchnevich sucks dong every game and posters like you say nothing. Same with Hayes. Same with most of the vet defenseman.

Hayes is ripped just about every game and for good reason. The veteran Dmen get more criticism than anyone else. i.e Shattenkirk
Top of the page Bottom of the page
rjpny75
Posted 2018-11-01 9:05 AM (#712962 - in reply to #712955)
Subject: Re: Game 12: New York Rangers @ San Jose Sharks 10/30/18 - 10:30PM - MSG

Rookie

Steady Eddie - 2018-11-01 6:27 AM

itsmcilrathtime - 2018-11-01 5:28 AM

Fast is one of the best players on the team you ungrateful assholes. He rarely makes a mistake. Get over it.

So what you fool. It was one game. Buchnevich sucks dong every game and posters like you say nothing. Same with Hayes. Same with most of the vet defenseman.

So what? One game? Who’s the fool? This is the top pro league in the world, where winning’s not everything, IT’S THE ONLY THING! One game can cost you a season. Fast is not a winner, and to call him the best player on the team is the most idiotic thing I’ve ever read on this board, even coming from our resident idiot. You’ve outdone yourself this time.

Fast is NOT one of the most gifted/talented players on the team, that is true. But in terms of work ethic, following coaches directions, defense, etc. he is one of the best on the team. He does all that is asked by the coaching staff except of course lighting up the score sheet. I said in another post he's not 1st line or 2nd line material, but he can fill in when someone's injured or if they are not playing to how the coach expects.

I for one am really disappointed in Buch so far this year. Put all those qualities I described about Fast into Buch, he could be a star in this league. Ceiling is high, but remember 30 other teams passed on him, twice, plus all the others who drafted before the Rangers in the 3rd round. He was drafted 75th overall.
Rangerjunkie
Posted 2018-11-01 9:10 AM (#712963 - in reply to #712962)

All-Star

rjpny75 - 2018-11-01 9:05 AM

So what? One game? Who’s the fool? This is the top pro league in the world, where winning’s not everything, IT’S THE ONLY THING! One game can cost you a season. Fast is not a winner, and to call him the best player on the team is the most idiotic thing I’ve ever read on this board, even coming from our resident idiot. You’ve outdone yourself this time.

Fast is NOT one of the most gifted/talented players on the team, that is true. But in terms of work ethic, following coaches directions, defense, etc. he is one of the best on the team. He does all that is asked by the coaching staff except of course lighting up the score sheet. I said in another post he's not 1st line or 2nd line material, but he can fill in when someone's injured or if they are not playing to how the coach expects.

I for one am really disappointed in Buch so far this year. Put all those qualities I described about Fast into Buch, he could be a star in this league. Ceiling is high, but remember 30 other teams passed on him, twice, plus all the others who drafted before the Rangers in the 3rd round. He was drafted 75th overall.

And where was Hank drafted? How many teams passed on him and how many times? I get the point you're making, but that doesn't work in all cases.
rjpny75
Posted 2018-11-01 9:34 AM (#712964 - in reply to #712963)

Rookie

Rangerjunkie - 2018-11-01 11:10 AM

And where was Hank drafted? How many teams passed on him and how many times? I get the point you're making, but that doesn't work in all cases.

Goalies are a different animal in the draft. There was raucous when the Rangers drafted Lindbom in the 2nd round this year. Way too early for goalies.

My ultimate point is that Fast is a good, solid player, and there are others on this team that sometimes deserve the **** people give to Fast on here. The whole "Albert" reference was BS!
Mikey Red
Posted 2018-11-01 9:37 AM (#712966 - in reply to #712663)

Legend

Come on man...lol Albert is funny...Nicknames are a good thing
Rranger
Posted 2018-11-01 10:20 AM (#712967 - in reply to #712663)

MVP

All you have to do is read the posts on here and it’s a given Fast is a polarizing player. Personally I don’t put much stock in him especially as anything approaching valuable. He’s one of those guys when he leaves no loss, like many before him. He’s certainly replaceable. . I don’t think anyone disputes he works hard, his detractors would say he doesn’t work smart. I see a guy running all over the place often in the way.
Rangerjunkie
Posted 2018-11-01 11:11 AM (#712968 - in reply to #712964)

All-Star

rjpny75 - 2018-11-01 9:34 AM

Rangerjunkie - 2018-11-01 11:10 AM

Goalies are a different animal in the draft. There was raucous when the Rangers drafted Lindbom in the 2nd round this year. Way too early for goalies.

My ultimate point is that Fast is a good, solid player, and there are others on this team that sometimes deserve the **** people give to Fast on here. The whole "Albert" reference was BS!

I'll agree Fast is a good, solid player, but a good solid bottom six player not a top six player.

I think Fast gets a lot of flack on here not really because of his play, but how AV used him. That being said, Fast should never be a first line player
PV29
Posted 2018-11-01 7:54 PM (#712990 - in reply to #712663)

Rookie

Fast is undersized, offensively challenged, gets knocked on his ass at least once a shift and has nobody keeping their heads up when he's on the ice. But he makes nifty little chip-outs off the boards AND ..... he tries hard. Which always endears a player to Rangers fans. Always has, probably always will.

It's true, if guys like Buch and Kreider tried like Fast they'd be better players. But then again, they have talent. Anyway, on a team that lacks physical play and offensive firepower, having Fast on the roster is like a sunroof on a submarine.

If he's our "BEST" player, what can he fetch on the trade market? Can we get a 2nd line center? A scoring winger? After all, he's our BEST player.
Jump to page : < ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Now viewing page 9 [35 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2018 PD9 Software