Home Page
 OTG

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Thank you hockey gods
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 2 [35 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Rangers -> Winter Is ComingMessage format

Mikey Red
Posted 2019-04-10 1:08 PM (#724345 - in reply to #724277)
Subject: Re: Thank you hockey gods

Legend

Kreider and the Winnipeg first to get back into the top 10? Avs might be up for that...or Get Trouba with that
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Rangerjunkie
Posted 2019-04-10 5:18 PM (#724346 - in reply to #724277)

All-Star

After watching Kakko highlights and reading about him, I really hope the Devils don't pick him over Hughes.

Nieves is going to have to give up 24
Mikey Red
Posted 2019-04-10 5:53 PM (#724349 - in reply to #724277)

Legend

If Devils tell me they are taking Kakko...Maybe sell the 2 to Colorado for the 4 (Cozens) and the 16?
Mikey Red
Posted 2019-04-10 5:54 PM (#724350 - in reply to #724277)

Legend

We are in a great spot...We get Kakko or Patrick Kane 2.0
Pierre_Pdare
Posted 2019-04-10 6:37 PM (#724351 - in reply to #724277)

MVP

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/rangers
rjpny75
Posted 2019-04-10 7:38 PM (#724354 - in reply to #724277)

Rookie

Wait, doesn't this all still mean we get the Devil's sloppy seconds? If so, I'm all Phaneuf about it!
itsmcilrathtime
Posted 2019-04-11 5:15 AM (#724356 - in reply to #724277)

All-Star

The Hockey news has been sucking Devil dong for years. Lou was one of the worst GM's in hockey his last 7 years there and they never said crap. They have Ty Smith rated 20th which is laughable. He couldn't carry K'Andre Miller's jock strap as a prospect who they have rated 62nd. The Devils farm blows compared to the Rangers and both were rated a B+ by them. They vastly overrate the Islanders farm system as well. They have Wahlstrom ranked 31. He sucked in college this year. I was a bit ticked the Rangers passed on him. Boy did they know what they were doing. They have Bellows 93 but Lundkvist who played well vs men wasn't even ranked. They don't even know who Tarmo Reunanen is. He probably should have been ranked in the top 50 based off of his season. Only reason the Rangers wouldn't be ranked an A+ farm wise would be because Chytil, Andersson and Howden all played enough in the NHL this year. It should easily be ranked the number one farm system in hockey after this draft.

There is no other organization that will be as stacked with talent with forwards, defenseman and goalies compared to the Rangers. It's been a long time since anybody could say that. However, these small market, asswipe writers hate NY.

Edited by itsmcilrathtime 2019-04-11 8:37 AM
sureshore
Posted 2019-04-11 6:42 AM (#724357 - in reply to #724324)

All-Star

itsmcilrathtime - 2019-04-10 9:13 AM

Vesey will not be on this team next year. I see no way he won't be dealt. Chytil IMO should play all next year in the minors. He's lazy. He's not getting the multiple messages that the coach sent him where as Andersson finally did the last 10-12 games. I see him taking a big step up next season. The expansion draft will factor into this.

If they sign Panarin my guess is all of these players have to be protected

Buchnevich, Panarin, Kreider, Zibanejad, Chytil, Howden, Strome, Lemieux, Andersson . Vesey and Fast I don't care about. You can do 7 forwards, 3 defenseman and 1 goalie or 8 skaters and 1 goalie. So, in other words, Rangers are probably going to trade Kreider at some point and expose Strome. Unless they are going to move one of those young players in a deal.

I would hate to see Kreider go but he's going to want at least 5 years a 30 million. You just can't do that with this rebuild with adding Panarin. However, there is the other option that they don't sign Panarin. More I look at this and the money he will want, more I think maybe they will pass on him. In which case they sign Kreider and protect

Buchnevich, Kreider, Zibanejad, Chytil, Andersson, Howden and Lemieux. On D protect Skjei, DeAngelo and Pionk. Keep some vet around to give the expansion team. I guess it will get complicated.

They could get balsy and protected 8 skaters, 1 defensemand and 1 goalie and sign Panarin

Kredier, Panarin, Zibanejad, Buchnevich, Chytil, Andersson, Howden, Lemieux and DeAngelo. Expose Skjei since they are crazy deep on the left side with defenseman.

You almost had me until you said to protect Pionk
itsmcilrathtime
Posted 2019-04-11 8:35 AM (#724360 - in reply to #724277)

All-Star

That's if they decide to keep him. Honestly, I don't expect Pionk to be here. I honestly think they might use him to get Fox. From all reports he wants NY. Carolina is screwed and they know it. I suspect Pionk and a 6th would do it. It's better than losing him for nothing.
concust
Posted 2019-04-11 1:25 PM (#724367 - in reply to #724360)

Legend

itsmcilrathtime - 2019-04-11 9:35 AM

That's if they decide to keep him. Honestly, I don't expect Pionk to be here. I honestly think they might use him to get Fox. From all reports he wants NY. Carolina is screwed and they know it. I suspect Pionk and a 6th would do it. It's better than losing him for nothing.

Objectively, yes, but there's also a point where it's more worth it for them to save face and have Fox walk, rather than make a sh!t deal. So they can say "we did our best, blame the player". If they take a bad deal (Fox for a 7th) then they just look like they gave something away for nothing. At that point they'd rather have nothing and be the martyr than take a 7th and look weak.

I still think something like Pionk and a third, would both get the deal done, be tremendous value for the Rangers, and allow Carolina to say "we got both a young NHL roster asset and a pick for the future," and Fox gets to choose his destination. Sure they end up with the short end of the stick but they don't get roasted by the fans and local and national media at least.

LeetchyMrRanger
Posted 2019-04-11 3:59 PM (#724368 - in reply to #724356)

All-Star

itsmcilrathtime - 2019-04-11 5:15 AM

The Hockey news has been sucking Devil dong for years. Lou was one of the worst GM's in hockey his last 7 years there and they never said crap. They have Ty Smith rated 20th which is laughable. He couldn't carry K'Andre Miller's jock strap as a prospect who they have rated 62nd. The Devils farm blows compared to the Rangers and both were rated a B+ by them. They vastly overrate the Islanders farm system as well. They have Wahlstrom ranked 31. He sucked in college this year. I was a bit ticked the Rangers passed on him. Boy did they know what they were doing. They have Bellows 93 but Lundkvist who played well vs men wasn't even ranked. They don't even know who Tarmo Reunanen is. He probably should have been ranked in the top 50 based off of his season. Only reason the Rangers wouldn't be ranked an A+ farm wise would be because Chytil, Andersson and Howden all played enough in the NHL this year. It should easily be ranked the number one farm system in hockey after this draft.

There is no other organization that will be as stacked with talent with forwards, defenseman and goalies compared to the Rangers. It's been a long time since anybody could say that. However, these small market, asswipe writers hate NY.

I don't know if I agree. He goes to Toronto, & look @ Toronto now. He goes to Fishsticks & look @ Fishsticks now. He still has the touch. I fault him for letting all those great Devs players walk away for nothing, those were bad moves.
Rranger
Posted 2019-04-11 9:37 PM (#724369 - in reply to #724277)

MVP

Yup Lou is one of the worst GM's in hockey. Lol. Sure.
itsmcilrathtime
Posted 2019-04-12 5:29 AM (#724372 - in reply to #724277)

All-Star

He did nothing for the Leafs. That team was completely setup when he got here. Thus, they got rid of him. As far as the Islanders goes. He hired a really good coach. The team is not that talented.

Edited by itsmcilrathtime 2019-04-12 9:32 AM
robstones
Posted 2019-04-12 5:42 AM (#724373 - in reply to #724369)

Legend

Rranger - 2019-04-11 11:37 PM

I honestly can't think of enough things to point at one way or another to say if he's good or not.

I guess the biggest thing is cups right.... maybe it's just because I'm a Rangers fan, but I've never seen the Cup winning Devils as the deserving team to win... as the best team in hockey....

And I can't think of any player Lou has drafted, and been like damn that was a good pick... or that was a great trade, Lou just stole one there.

I could really research this, but I don't feel like it. He's been a GM a long time, there's no denying that.
LeetchyMrRanger
Posted 2019-04-12 6:39 AM (#724376 - in reply to #724277)

All-Star

Shanny said we need Lou here to put system together of how a team is supposed to be run. He was only going to be there temp anyway. I don't care about Lou, but he will go down as 1 of the best GMs, execs in sports history. I'm not 1 of those fans. I give credit where it is due.
concust
Posted 2019-04-12 8:12 AM (#724377 - in reply to #724373)

Legend

robstones - 2019-04-12 6:42 AM

I honestly can't think of enough things to point at one way or another to say if he's good or not.

I guess the biggest thing is cups right.... maybe it's just because I'm a Rangers fan, but I've never seen the Cup winning Devils as the deserving team to win... as the best team in hockey....

And I can't think of any player Lou has drafted, and been like damn that was a good pick... or that was a great trade, Lou just stole one there.

I could really research this, but I don't feel like it. He's been a GM a long time, there's no denying that.

Lou is actually a pretty bad drafter. He did hit on Sykora and Zajac but aside from those two and top 5 picks (which point to a bad team more than draft prowess) his record is pretty bad over 30 years or so. He's another guy that likes to go off the board to show everyone how smart he is but it tends to backfire.

Rranger
Posted 2019-04-12 8:18 AM (#724378 - in reply to #724373)

MVP

robstones - 2019-04-12 4:42 AM

How often were the Devils not competitive under Lou? Granted having Brodeur and Stevens and Neidemayer helps. But how did they get there? Three cups early in his Jersey tenure speaks for itself. Followed by a pathetic budget to work with for most years, yet his teams were always competitive. His patience in Toronto and Long Island appreciating what he's got and resisting big splashy moves shows many necessary qualities of knowing talent and understanding the process. The Rangers should have been so lucky to have had Lou as GM for all those years. Check where the Devils were drafting for so many years and its a testament in and of itself their competitiveness.
This started because the class goof called him ""one of the worst G.M.'s in hockey over the last 7 years in New Jersey"" which is beyond a stupid statement. 2012? upsetting the Rangers?? His track record picking coaches?? Ya he was one of the the worst Lol. .
LeetchyMrRanger
Posted 2019-04-12 8:34 AM (#724380 - in reply to #724277)

All-Star

Don't forget Trevor Kidd was the can't miss goalie. He passed on him to pick a goalie named, Brodeur, which many laughed. He traded Kurvers to Toronto for their #1 pick then picked Neidermayer. I mean come on, I can go on. Rafalski, trades that were steals, really highway robbery, etc... Come on.

And, how many players on the Devils, career years, you wonder how they did it. They go to other teams, they fall apart to nothing. Kurvers, McKay, Holik, Gomez, forget the name of that player signed by Toronto a few years ago, etc... so many, so many. And, all the time I'm was saying how is it possible? It was the system. I always said do NOT trade or pickup x-Dev players, it won't be the same player.

Edited by LeetchyMrRanger 2019-04-12 8:46 AM
sureshore
Posted 2019-04-12 8:51 AM (#724382 - in reply to #724380)

All-Star

LeetchyMrRanger - 2019-04-12 10:34 AM

Don't forget Trevor Kidd was the can't miss goalie. He passed on him to pick a goalie named, Brodeur, which many laughed. He traded Kurvers to Toronto for their #1 pick then picked Neidermayer. I mean come on, I can go on. Rafalski, trades that were steals, really highway robbery, etc... Come on.

And, how many players on the Devils, career years, you wonder how they did it. They go to other teams, they fall apart to nothing. Kurvers, McKay, Holik, Gomez, forget the name of that player signed by Toronto a few years ago, etc... so many, so many. And, all the time I'm was saying how is it possible? It was the system. I always said do NOT trade or pickup x-Dev players, it won't be the same player.

Feels like you can search for all the good moves he made (and there were plenty) to justify how good he was, but at the same time you can't excuse the bad ones by saying he was restricted by his budget with the Devils (not saying you specifically said this but it seems to be the theme - excuse the bad due to budget and call him a genius for his good moves).
LeetchyMrRanger
Posted 2019-04-12 8:56 AM (#724383 - in reply to #724277)

All-Star

Little moves like Arnott, Niewendyk, Mogliny, all turned out. You are an exec GM since 80s, you gonna make some bad moves, picks, but the good moves/picks out weight the bad in a big way. Even the Stevens thing, remember back, was a gamble that he won.

P.S.: even a player like Parise crashed & burned after the Devs.

Edited by LeetchyMrRanger 2019-04-12 9:08 AM
concust
Posted 2019-04-12 9:12 AM (#724384 - in reply to #724382)

Legend

sureshore - 2019-04-12 9:51 AM

Feels like you can search for all the good moves he made (and there were plenty) to justify how good he was, but at the same time you can't excuse the bad ones by saying he was restricted by his budget with the Devils (not saying you specifically said this but it seems to be the theme - excuse the bad due to budget and call him a genius for his good moves).

This is a very good point.
LeetchyMrRanger
Posted 2019-04-12 9:13 AM (#724385 - in reply to #724277)

All-Star

I remember Mogilny was interviewed & he said on the Devs you knew your roll, you knew exactly what you had to do, you job on a team, how to play, the piece of the puzzle that is you. It is a system. I got to Toronto, it is a mess. We make the playoffs win 1 round, & every one is celebrating. And, I say to the team, what are you celebrating, we haven't won anything yet.

Edited by LeetchyMrRanger 2019-04-12 9:14 AM
Rranger
Posted 2019-04-12 9:16 AM (#724386 - in reply to #724382)

MVP

sureshore - 2019-04-12 7:51 AM

Excuses for budget would pretty much be restricted to moves he couldn't make, props for resigning players, letting the right ones go and keeping the right ones. Rather than Sather for example, who's shotgun approach was laughable. Unable to compete for the higher paid players who are usually the best, Lou was impressive at picking up bargains. . It goes without saying his payroll had no effect on drafting, of which he had failures like all the GM's who we are to believe were better than him. No matter how you slice it he's had a great career and is recognized as one of the best ever.
itsmcilrathtime
Posted 2019-04-12 9:35 AM (#724388 - in reply to #724277)

All-Star

Problem is clowns like some here live in the past. You don't look at facts. I'll say it again since some of you here are dense. Check the drafts from his last 7 to 8 years. Easily the worst in hockey and it isn't debatable. His not giving up the second to last draft pick in the first round with Kovalchuk fiasco was one of the dumbest moves by a GM I've seen. It also can't be debated that he did nothing in Toronto. He pretty much sat there. So far, his moves have worked out for the Islanders. However, we'll see going forward what happens to them. We saw this with NJ last year. They played over their head and came crashing down to earth. If you are going to give Lou credit. You also have to look at the stretch of 7 to 8 years where he freakin sucked and left the Devils as a complete mess.

Edited by itsmcilrathtime 2019-04-12 9:41 AM
itsmcilrathtime
Posted 2019-04-12 9:39 AM (#724389 - in reply to #724277)

All-Star

Look from 2005 to 2015. The fact don't lie. Lou was completely incompetent running that team. He never had any clue what to do when the clutch and grab era ended. He lacked the skill to evolve.

www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/teams/dr00007066.html
LeetchyMrRanger
Posted 2019-04-12 10:26 AM (#724390 - in reply to #724277)

All-Star

'He lacked the skill to evolve.' - this, I'll agree with you. Old timers like Big Lou, Torts, etc... are still in the 80s/90s. The game has changed, players have changed. Lou ran a tight ship, hard ass, SOB. This doesn't work anymore. Thus, he did loose all those players. He held on to the 80s/90s for way too long. I think you can see now he is changing with the times.

The Fishsticks made the right move, they knew they had to get a winner, change the culture of the franchise, if only this move in temp which it probably is. He is old. And, he brought in a good coach who is a winner. The Fishsticks are finally on the right path after decades of being ran by loosers & bums. No one expected what they did this year especially loosing 1 of the best in the game for nothing. I'm impressed & give credit to them from top to bottom.

Edited by LeetchyMrRanger 2019-04-12 10:34 AM
Vua
Posted 2019-04-12 10:56 AM (#724391 - in reply to #724389)

All-Star

itsmcilrathtime - 2019-04-12 9:39 AM

Look from 2005 to 2015. The fact don't lie. Lou was completely incompetent running that team. He never had any clue what to do when the clutch and grab era ended. He lacked the skill to evolve.

www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/teams/dr00007066.html

This coming from someone that is terrible at even armchair GMing. If you built a team, they would get run over by Harvard. Between your ECHL goalies, players that were just flat out released from their contracts, or the occasional guy traded for a bag of pucks, your track record would have the Oilers laughing hysterically at your incompetence.
LeetchyMrRanger
Posted 2019-04-12 11:02 AM (#724392 - in reply to #724277)

All-Star

Considering we are in US not Canada, no one & I mean no one did more for USA Hockey & development of USA Hockey as we know it today & the talent today coming from US than Big Lou, no one. Leetch echoed this @ his HofF speech, Richter, Modano, all US players & hockey personnel of that generation give credit to Lou as the main driver of USA Hockey what it is today. He is a builder HofFer, NHL Hofer, & US HofMer.

Edited by LeetchyMrRanger 2019-04-12 11:05 AM
LeetchyMrRanger
Posted 2019-04-12 11:16 AM (#724393 - in reply to #724277)

All-Star

Since we are on topic, I'll post a funny & interesting story I read. I think it was Burke. I played for Lou in college. We had a good team. One day Lou calls me into the office. He says, I hear you are a smart kid, studious, & have an interest in law. I said, I have more interest in being a hockey player, playing in NHL. He said, you are not that great of a hockey player, concentrate on your studies, finish the law degree. This is your career. I look back now & I thank Lou for setting me on the right path. How many in that situation would give that advice to a college player when competing for a national title. One, Lou.
ej17
Posted 2019-04-12 1:16 PM (#724395 - in reply to #724392)

All-Star

LeetchyMrRanger - 2019-04-12 1:02 PM

Considering we are in US not Canada, no one & I mean no one did more for USA Hockey & development of USA Hockey as we know it today & the talent today coming from US than Big Lou, no one. Leetch echoed this @ his HofF speech, Richter, Modano, all US players & hockey personnel of that generation give credit to Lou as the main driver of USA Hockey what it is today. He is a builder HofFer, NHL Hofer, & US HofMer.

Herb Brooks
Rranger
Posted 2019-04-12 2:24 PM (#724396 - in reply to #724277)

MVP

Lou is a great hockey mind. Proven over and over. itsmacilrathstime not so much.
concust
Posted 2019-04-15 10:03 AM (#724454 - in reply to #724396)

Legend

Rranger - 2019-04-12 3:24 PM

Lou is a great hockey mind. Proven over and over. itsmacilrathstime not so much.

The irony is heavy when someone drops all his "hockey knowledge" on us "clowns" and he posts using the handle "itsmcilrathtime"
Rranger
Posted 2019-04-15 3:01 PM (#724465 - in reply to #724454)

MVP

concust - 2019-04-15 9:03 AM

Rranger - 2019-04-12 3:24 PM

The irony is heavy when someone drops all his "hockey knowledge" on us "clowns" and he posts using the handle "itsmcilrathtime"

Av-merican
Posted 2019-04-15 5:38 PM (#724470 - in reply to #724349)

All-Star

Mikey Red - 2019-04-10 6:53 PM

If Devils tell me they are taking Kakko...Maybe sell the 2 to Colorado for the 4 (Cozens) and the 16?

Avs would do that for sure, Rangers for sure should NOT do that.

The Rangers need a superstar, Kaako has by far the best chance of being that superstar, don't sell that off for a guy like Cozens or Dach who will no doubt be a very good player, but doesn't project to be a gamebreaker.
Rranger
Posted 2019-04-16 10:25 AM (#724485 - in reply to #724470)

MVP

Av-merican - 2019-04-15 4:38 PM

Mikey Red - 2019-04-10 6:53 PM

Avs would do that for sure, Rangers for sure should NOT do that.

The Rangers need a superstar, Kaako has by far the best chance of being that superstar, don't sell that off for a guy like Cozens or Dach who will no doubt be a very good player, but doesn't project to be a gamebreaker.

Mike's suggestion was based on the NYD taking Kakko. Leaving Hughes there for the Rangers. The issue with Hughes is his limited exposure to quality opponents in meaningful games. His world junior tourney was ordinary. Personally I have more question marks about Hughes than Kakko who I see as a slam dunk superstar. The guys individual game and power is phenomonal. If I was buying I'd see Kakko as the more proven commodity.
Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 2 [35 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2019 PD9 Software