Home Page
 OTG

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Training Camp Roster
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [35 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Rangers -> Winter Is ComingMessage format

Fish
Posted 2019-09-11 8:43 PM (#727922)
Subject: Training Camp Roster

Publisher

CAMP ROSTER
FORWARDS
Lias Andersson
Connor Brickley
Pavel Buchnevich
Filip Chytil
Philip Di Giuseppe
Jake Elmer
Jesper Fast
Steven Fogarty
Gabriel Fontaine
Tim Gettinger
Ryan Gropp
Micheal Haley
Brett Howden
Nick Jones
Kaapo Kakko
Vitali Kravtsov
Chris Kreider
Dawson Leedahl
Brendan Lemieux
Vinni Lettieri
Greg McKegg
Ville Meskanen
Vladimir Namestnikov
Patrick Newell
Cristoval Nieves
Danny O'Regan
Artemi Panarin
Ty Ronning
Ryan Strome
Mika Zibnajed
DEFENSE
Brandon Crawley
Anthony DeAngelo
Adam Fox
Mason Geertsen
Nico Gross
Libor Hajek
Joey Keane
Ryan Lindgren
Vincent Loverde
VJoe Morrow
Darren Raddysh
Tarno Reunanen
Matthew Robertson
Yegor Rykov
Hunter Skinner
Brady Skjei
Brendan Smith
Marc Staal
Jacob Trouba
GOALTENDERS
Francois Brassard
Alexandar Georgiev
Adam Huska
Henrik Lundqvist
Thomas McCollum
Igor Shesterkin
NOT ATTENDING
Matt Beleskey
Sean Day

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Fish
Posted 2019-09-11 8:44 PM (#727923 - in reply to #727922)
Subject: Re: Training Camp Roster

Publisher

Beleskey and Day not invited, Rykov injured and DeAngelo remains unsigned
Steady Eddie
Posted 2019-09-12 5:37 AM (#727930 - in reply to #727922)

MVP

Joe Morrow will be attending training camp on a pro tryout agreement, and he will presumably be in the mix for the seventh defensive spot on the roster.
Steady Eddie
Posted 2019-09-12 5:40 AM (#727931 - in reply to #727922)

MVP

Disappointed with Day. You can't call a 3rd round pick a bust, but was hoping he would live up to the hype he got in his teen years.

Rranger
Posted 2019-09-12 7:18 AM (#727934 - in reply to #727931)

MVP

Steady Eddie - 2019-09-12 4:40 AM

Disappointed with Day. You can't call a 3rd round pick a bust, but was hoping he would live up to the hype he got in his teen years.

Not even invited. Harsh reality last wakeup call for him.
concust
Posted 2019-09-12 7:30 AM (#727937 - in reply to #727922)

Legend

Not sure what the play is here or if there's something else going on, Day was probably Hartford's best defensemen in the second half last year. He's basically exactly where you wanted him to be when you took a flyer on him as a low-risk high reward pick in the third round.
sureshore
Posted 2019-09-12 10:52 AM (#727942 - in reply to #727922)

All-Star

Is he perhaps injured like Rykov? I haven't read or heard any explanation why Day is not on the list, but did think I saw something saying Day and Rykov were left off because they were not ready for the beginning of training camp
sureshore
Posted 2019-09-12 12:07 PM (#727943 - in reply to #727922)

All-Star

Saw this from NHL website. It does show both Day and Rykov on training camp roster

https://nhl.bamcontent.com/images/assets/binary/309059952/binary-fil...

Fish
Posted 2019-09-12 1:41 PM (#727946 - in reply to #727922)

Publisher

Yeah, turns out I was incorrect. Day had off-season surgery so wasn't on the practice squad roster, but will skate tomorrow so is on the roster
Beezer34
Posted 2019-09-12 7:47 PM (#727949 - in reply to #727922)

All-Star

I love the name Hunter Skinner.... lol...

But there will will be some REAL SOLID competition in this camp a lot of NHL guys and NHL ready .... I mean even in goal you have three who could and should be NHL ready..9 D men who should compete for 6-7 slots...and 15 forwards who could make the club... so yes will be interesting to see the opening night line up and see who ends the season in NYC too.. as a few guys may get traded...

Also interesting to see how quickly the kids become everyday players or if they move them to Hartford to play more minutes and get a better outcome .... I mean do you want your future playing 8 minutes on the 4th line.. or 20 minutes on the first in Hartford.

basically am I super excited to start camp.. and the season.... I know it is premature to say this.. but I have a feeling if they play like they can... this team could be in the play offs... it will be an exciting year to watch either way.
robstones
Posted 2019-09-15 9:43 AM (#727969 - in reply to #727922)

Legend

The top two lines seem set.... I've read speculation on the other two

Panarin Zibanejad Buchnevich
Kreider Chytil Kakko
Kravtsov Andersson Fast
Lemeuix Howden Strome
Namestnikov

(I switch Krav and Lemie, thusly calling the Andersson line the 4th line, but... we'll see)

I wonder if he goes with this lineup for game 1 of preseason....

Edited by robstones 2019-09-15 9:44 AM
itsmcilrathtime
Posted 2019-09-15 1:52 PM (#727970 - in reply to #727922)

All-Star

Chytil is not a center until he can win faceoffs. I'd rather put Kravtsov at center.
sureshore
Posted 2019-09-16 8:12 AM (#727977 - in reply to #727970)

All-Star

itsmcilrathtime - 2019-09-15 3:52 PM

Chytil is not a center until he can win faceoffs. I'd rather put Kravtsov at center.

Not a center until the coach plays him there and that's what he said he'll be doing. He also seems to have committed to Andersson and Howden as playing center as well (though with a things can change caveat). Will be interesting to see where Strome and Namestnikov fit in. I can see one traded before the season starts for sure.
Vua
Posted 2019-09-16 8:40 AM (#727979 - in reply to #727970)

All-Star

itsmcilrathtime - 2019-09-15 1:52 PM

And you learn to win face offs by taking face offs. It comes with experience. I'm not sure he's going to be a center either but face offs are not the big issue.
itsmcilrathtime
Posted 2019-09-16 8:54 AM (#727980 - in reply to #727922)

All-Star

When you are winning below 40% of your faceoffs in the NHL, it's a huge issue. You're lost if you don't think tons of goals come off faceoff losses. He won 38% of his draws last year which is an embarrassment. Now, Hayes also was like that and got better each year. However, if he's under 40% 10-15 games into the season on draws, either he's out or one of his guys on the wing should take the draws. Personally, I'd like to see Howden as the second line center and Strome the third. Howden should be a stud on draws in the NHL just like he was in juniors. He was 48% as a rookie. I wouldn't put too much into what the coach said. He loved Chytil to start the season last year and benched him most of the second half.

Edited by itsmcilrathtime 2019-09-16 8:55 AM
sureshore
Posted 2019-09-16 9:36 AM (#727982 - in reply to #727980)

All-Star

itsmcilrathtime - 2019-09-16 10:54 AM

When you are winning below 40% of your faceoffs in the NHL, it's a huge issue. You're lost if you don't think tons of goals come off faceoff losses. He won 38% of his draws last year which is an embarrassment. Now, Hayes also was like that and got better each year. However, if he's under 40% 10-15 games into the season on draws, either he's out or one of his guys on the wing should take the draws. Personally, I'd like to see Howden as the second line center and Strome the third. Howden should be a stud on draws in the NHL just like he was in juniors. He was 48% as a rookie. I wouldn't put too much into what the coach said. He loved Chytil to start the season last year and benched him most of the second half.

We discussed faceoff importance ad-hominem on this a few years back. In the grand scheme of things - yes a few goals per season come from them. For the few goals they lead to it can be more than made up for by a center who can drive offence, especially on your second line. I don't see Howden as that center, nor Strome for that matter.

That said, faceoffs are also one of the easiest things to be taught. I'm sure they're working with all of the young centers on improvement in that area.
robstones
Posted 2019-09-16 2:28 PM (#727988 - in reply to #727922)

Legend

Hayes sucked at faceoffs his first season... then he was our best... Does that mean Chytil will be the same? I don't know... but he can.

I'd like to see Kravtsov at center too.... but I don't know if having a KKK line is the best idea...

Kreider Kravtsov Kakko
Steady Eddie
Posted 2019-09-17 11:33 AM (#728001 - in reply to #727988)

MVP

The New York Rangers announced today that the team has trimmed its Training Camp roster by seven players.

Francois Brassard, Ryan Gropp, Tom McCollum, Ville Meskanen, and Ty Ronning have all been assigned to Training Camp with the Hartford Wolf Pack of the American Hockey League (AHL). In addition, Nico Gross was assigned to his junior team, the Oshawa Generals of the Ontario Hockey League (OHL), and Hunter Skinner was assigned to his junior team, the London Knights of the Ontario Hockey League (OHL).

The Rangers have 48 players remaining in Training Camp. The roster breakdown is listed below:

Forwards (27): Lias Andersson, Connor Brickley, Pavel Buchnevich, Filip Chytil, Phillip Di Giuseppe, Jake Elmer, Jesper Fast, Steven Fogarty, Gabriel Fontaine, Tim Gettinger, Micheal Haley, Brett Howden, Nick Jones, Kaapo Kakko, Vitali Kravtsov, Chris Kreider, Dawson Leedahl, Brendan Lemieux, Vinni Lettieri, Greg McKegg, Vladislav Namestnikov, Patrick Newell, Boo Nieves, Danny O'Regan, Artemi Panarin, Ryan Strome, Mika Zibanejad

Defensemen (17): Brandon Crawley, Sean Day, Adam Fox, Mason Geertsen, Libor Hajek, Joey Keane, Ryan Lindgren, Vincent LoVerde, Joe Morrow, Darren Raddysh, Tarmo Reunanen, Matthew Robertson, Yegor Rykov, Brady Skjei, Brendan Smith, Marc Staal, Jacob Trouba

Goaltenders (4): Alexandar Georgiev, Adam Huska, Henrik Lundqvist, Igor Shesterkin

https://www.nhl.com/rangers/news/rangers-trim-training-camp-roster-b...

robstones
Posted 2019-09-17 12:12 PM (#728002 - in reply to #727922)

Legend

Top line tomorrow night is

Panarin Zibanejad Kakko

Adam Fox will also be playing

LET'S GO RANGERS!!!!!!
sureshore
Posted 2019-09-18 10:04 AM (#728016 - in reply to #727988)

All-Star

robstones - 2019-09-16 4:28 PM

Hayes sucked at faceoffs his first season... then he was our best... Does that mean Chytil will be the same? I don't know... but he can.

I'd like to see Kravtsov at center too.... but I don't know if having a KKK line is the best idea...

Kreider Kravtsov Kakko

Yeah - I think having a line nicknamed "white supremacy line" is a bad idea.
sureshore
Posted 2019-09-18 10:42 AM (#728017 - in reply to #727922)

All-Star

I think they should sign Tony D to a one year deal at about 1.5 to 2M and they need to get him signed. Here's my thoughts:

Both JD and Quinn seem committed to Mika, Chytil, Lias and Howden down the middle (barring any pre-season injury/disaster). And it sounds like Strome is the guy on wing with Andersson and Kravtsov on 3rd line, so where does that leave Namestnikov? Healthy scratch or occasional fill in for someone having a bad game or 2? That's a lot of dollars for that kind of role. I think it's inevitable that Names is dealt by the start of the season, so the dollars will be there to give Tony D what he deserves (and be real - he deserves more than what the Rangers are offering - that's an offer they are giving because of their own bad contracts putting them in cap space jeopardy).

Why do I think they need Tony D this season? I mean with so many other d-men in camp, there are lots of options, right?

Pencil in Trouba, Skjei and Staal in top 6. Assume 2 of Fox, Hajek, Rykov, Keane, Lindgren, Robertson, Reunanen, Raddysh, Crawley (in that order). Do you really want 3 true rookies in your everyday line-up? Not sure I do, maybe as my 7th/extra I could. Which then brings us to Morrow and Smith. Both would be best as the the extra d-man, but without Tony D one of them will surely end up playing everyday. I think I've seen this before and it ain't pretty.

Just thinking out loud and putting it to words here as I look forward to (hopefully) an exciting year in NY Ranger future.
Steady Eddie
Posted 2019-09-18 11:35 AM (#728020 - in reply to #728017)

MVP

sureshore - 2019-09-18 12:42 PM

I think they should sign Tony D to a one year deal at about 1.5 to 2M and they need to get him signed.

You are setting up a bad precident here. We have 13 RFA's on the books for next season, and 13 for the following season. Young players need to pay their dues. If they rollover with Tony D, what does that say to Georgy, Chytl, Lias, Howden, etc?

sureshore
Posted 2019-09-18 2:42 PM (#728027 - in reply to #728020)

All-Star

Steady Eddie - 2019-09-18 1:35 PM

I think they should sign Tony D to a one year deal at about 1.5 to 2M and they need to get him signed.

You are setting up a bad precident here. We have 13 RFA's on the books for next season, and 13 for the following season. Young players need to pay their dues. If they rollover with Tony D, what does that say to Georgy, Chytl, Lias, Howden, etc?

Really? That's your argument 13 RFAs next year? Of those 13 for next season, most are gonna get offered the minimum and take it (guys like Nieves, Fontaine, maybe Lettieri) or get let go (Meskanin, Gropp, Leedahl). Only Giorgiev, Lemieux and Strome (if he fits enough to keep around) may get a bump and with Kreider, Fast and Namestnikov (if he's still here) coming off the books.

The following year is the year where it gets tricky but it also depends on how these young guys perform. You think if Chytil, Lias or Howden become critical to the Rangers future they'll get 900,000 offers? Won't happen. But the fact is that yes - they do also have to address Buch, Hajek and several others but this is also the year that Staal, Smith and Hank come off the books as well.

Very few RFAs that have DiAngelo's importance get low-balled like this - on any team. They are using his past behavior and pooh-poohing his contributions last season to cover for bad contract decisions elsewhere. It's one thing to have the hammer for these RFA, non-arbitration years. Its another thing to think you have a sledgehammer. It always amazes me how the owners are always the good guys in the fans eyes when it comes to contracts. Can't disagree more on that.

My point is that we need Tony D for ONE more season - to bridge to get us to K'Andre, Nils, Yegor and all the other talented blue liners in the system. And if it takes being honest about paying one key player and we'll have that money (from Names trade) we should do it
Vua
Posted 2019-09-18 6:47 PM (#728048 - in reply to #728027)

All-Star

sureshore - 2019-09-18 2:42 PM

Steady Eddie - 2019-09-18 1:35 PM

Really? That's your argument 13 RFAs next year? Of those 13 for next season, most are gonna get offered the minimum and take it (guys like Nieves, Fontaine, maybe Lettieri) or get let go (Meskanin, Gropp, Leedahl). Only Giorgiev, Lemieux and Strome (if he fits enough to keep around) may get a bump and with Kreider, Fast and Namestnikov (if he's still here) coming off the books.

The following year is the year where it gets tricky but it also depends on how these young guys perform. You think if Chytil, Lias or Howden become critical to the Rangers future they'll get 900,000 offers? Won't happen. But the fact is that yes - they do also have to address Buch, Hajek and several others but this is also the year that Staal, Smith and Hank come off the books as well.

Very few RFAs that have DiAngelo's importance get low-balled like this - on any team. They are using his past behavior and pooh-poohing his contributions last season to cover for bad contract decisions elsewhere. It's one thing to have the hammer for these RFA, non-arbitration years. Its another thing to think you have a sledgehammer. It always amazes me how the owners are always the good guys in the fans eyes when it comes to contracts. Can't disagree more on that.

My point is that we need Tony D for ONE more season - to bridge to get us to K'Andre, Nils, Yegor and all the other talented blue liners in the system. And if it takes being honest about paying one key player and we'll have that money (from Names trade) we should do it

He's played half a good season of NHL hockey in his career. He hasn't earned anything. He has no leverage. Everyone has high hopes for this team but they are still rebuilding. They don't need him. A guy with a perceived attitude problem doesn't need a long holdout on his record as well. The Rangers have the leverage and have every right to use it. And this is coming from someone that sides with players on most issues. I'm all for these guys getting as much money as they can. But you have to know when to make a play for it and this is the wrong time.
concust
Posted 2019-09-19 11:57 AM (#728066 - in reply to #727922)

Legend

I'm thinking this saga ends in a trade. His last real hope was that they'd put Trouba and Fox out there in preseason and they sh!t the bed. The more games/time goes by with TDA off the ice, the less he is needed.

I don't dispute he's "worth" significantly more than $925k but he's not going to get it from NYR.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [35 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2019 PD9 Software