Home Page
 OTG

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Rangers send Filip Chytil and Vitali Kravtsov to Hartford
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [35 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Rangers -> Winter Is ComingMessage format

RANGERNUT
Posted 2019-09-30 9:58 AM (#728225)
Subject: Rangers send Filip Chytil and Vitali Kravtsov to Hartford

All-Star

A little surprised but not a lot

https://nypost.com/2019/09/30/rangers-send-filip-chytil-and-vitali-k...
Top of the page Bottom of the page
concust
Posted 2019-09-30 10:19 AM (#728226 - in reply to #728225)
Subject: Re: Rangers send Filip Chytil and Vitali Kravtsov to Hartford

Legend

Not at all unwarranted. Shesterkin sent down also.

New jersey numbers:
Kakko 24
Hajek 25
Andersson 28

Morrow released from PTO.
concust
Posted 2019-09-30 10:22 AM (#728227 - in reply to #728225)

Legend

Rangers currently have 12 forwards, no extras. Carry 8 defensemen due to Rykov still being injured, I believe. 2 goalies. 22/23

concust
Posted 2019-09-30 10:25 AM (#728228 - in reply to #728225)

Legend

Also, he's not on the official roster yet but Carpinello reporting that they are signing Haley. Which, um, ok...
Steady Eddie
Posted 2019-09-30 10:36 AM (#728229 - in reply to #728228)

MVP

Boo on waivers.
itsmcilrathtime
Posted 2019-09-30 11:17 AM (#728230 - in reply to #728225)

All-Star

As I always said. Boo sucks moose dong. Figured as much. Now if Gorton will only rid us of Smith to stop Quinn from using that tool.
Steady Eddie
Posted 2019-09-30 11:24 AM (#728231 - in reply to #728230)

MVP

Hearing #NYR have signed Micheal Haley to a contract.

Rick Carpiniello
@RickCarpiniello
itsmcilrathtime
Posted 2019-09-30 11:26 AM (#728232 - in reply to #728225)

All-Star

I said all last year when people were sucking off Chytil because of a couple of goals. His intangibles blow at the moment. He might need 2 full years in the AHL. There is high end talent there. I think he will be a contributor down the line. He needs an entire year of taking draws and getting better. As well as learning to score garbage goals in front of the net. Kravtsov will get there. He looked overwhelmed and lost playing NHL style hockey. Should be fun to watch where he is at after halfway point of the season. I'm not surpised they signed Haley. Nobody else will stand up for anybody on this team until proven otherwise.

RichardXIII
Posted 2019-09-30 11:26 AM (#728233 - in reply to #728225)

Prospect

Haven’t posted here in years but this decision brought me out of hiding !! We are really keeping Smith over Lindgren ? McKegg, Strome and Howden over Kravtsov ? This coach is already wearing down my patience.
itsmcilrathtime
Posted 2019-09-30 11:29 AM (#728234 - in reply to #728225)

All-Star

Was Lindgren sent down?

Edited by itsmcilrathtime 2019-09-30 11:30 AM
itsmcilrathtime
Posted 2019-09-30 11:32 AM (#728235 - in reply to #728225)

All-Star

Crap he was. Sending Lindgren down and keeping that loser Smith is a joke. Gorton needs to find his nuts and get rid of Smith NOW!
sureshore
Posted 2019-09-30 12:00 PM (#728236 - in reply to #728231)

All-Star

Steady Eddie - 2019-09-30 1:24 PM

Hearing #NYR have signed Micheal Haley to a contract.

Rick Carpiniello
@RickCarpiniello

Worst news of the day. There's gotta be a better option coming off someone else's waiver/cut list.
x10003q
Posted 2019-09-30 12:42 PM (#728237 - in reply to #728225)
Subject: RE: Rangers send Filip Chytil and Vitali Kravtsov to Hartford

MVP

Chytil needs to learn how to play NHL style hockey night after night. He is clueless in the D end and erratic in the O end. He has not yet figured out the physical aspects, either. I do not expect him to hit, but he needs to not get knocked off the puck and knocked off his skates so often. With the supposed Hartford upgrade of coaching and talent, this will be a good thing for Chytil. Kravtsov also needs to figure out small rink/NHL hockey. He is clearly an immense talent, but he does not have man strength or weight (unlike Kakko). Now they can both figure it out with way less pressure.

Keeping Smith as a 7th d/4th liner vs not playing Lindgren is not a bad move. Lindgren can get big minutes in Hartford and be ready for big minutes when the inevitable injuries knock out D-men.

The other factor here is at some point another NHL team is going to lose a guy to a bad injury and then there will be realistic trade value on Names/Strome/Fast/Kreider/Georgiev and even Smith.
rjpny75
Posted 2019-09-30 2:48 PM (#728241 - in reply to #728237)
Subject: RE: Rangers send Filip Chytil and Vitali Kravtsov to Hartford

Rookie

x10003q - 2019-09-30 2:42 PM

Chytil needs to learn how to play NHL style hockey night after night. He is clueless in the D end and erratic in the O end. He has not yet figured out the physical aspects, either. I do not expect him to hit, but he needs to not get knocked off the puck and knocked off his skates so often. With the supposed Hartford upgrade of coaching and talent, this will be a good thing for Chytil. Kravtsov also needs to figure out small rink/NHL hockey. He is clearly an immense talent, but he does not have man strength or weight (unlike Kakko). Now they can both figure it out with way less pressure.

Keeping Smith as a 7th d/4th liner vs not playing Lindgren is not a bad move. Lindgren can get big minutes in Hartford and be ready for big minutes when the inevitable injuries knock out D-men.

The other factor here is at some point another NHL team is going to lose a guy to a bad injury and then there will be realistic trade value on Names/Strome/Fast/Kreider/Georgiev and even Smith.

Chytil absolutely needs to start the season in Hartford. I watched too many games last season where it seemed like he was nonchalantly skating around the ice when he wasn't involved in the play. Then I would see guys like Strome, Fast, etc. and think this is what Chytil should look like when not directly involved. Too much standing up straight. At least in Hartford he can start as 1C and 1PP, maybe even begin to develop chemistry with Kravstov.

I'm not surprised they wanted Kravvy to start in Hartford as well. Both of them would get sheltered minutes with the big club. You're right, the new coaching staff should be able to get these guys going. I'm not sure if having Chytil in Hartford last year would have been the best for him with what a disaster that team was.

Lindgren too will benefit from playing 1D minutes down in Hartford. I wouldn't be surprised if he was the first call up. I'm not sold on the Ranger's defense actually playing good D (defense part of the game). They will be better than last year, but not by much. Too many offensive defensemen in the line up right now and Staal just can't keep up. He'll make just as many great plays as he does 'one step behind' plays on D.

I wasn't crazy about the Trouba signing. From what I've read on the Winnepeg boards and news articles about his, he's definitely not a great defender. Maybe even borderline 'good'. Hank and Georgie going to have a lot of work this season. Depending on how good/bad the D is will probably be one of the factors on whether we see Shesty this year with the big club (barring injury).

For trades later in the year, i think there are 3 types of guys. 1. the ones that want to stay here and will elevate their game to stay. 2. the ones that want to stay but fail to elevate and 3. the ones that wouldn't mind leaving for a different team/role/payday. I just don't know yet who will fall into each category from the guys you listed (Names/Strome/Fast/Kreider/Georgiev)
robstones
Posted 2019-09-30 5:14 PM (#728244 - in reply to #728225)

Legend

In other words... I hope they air Hartford games on MSG because I REALLY want to see Chytil, Kravtsov, Lindgren, Rykov, Shestyorkin... I'm sure I'm missing anothet key player, but you get the idea... tear it up down there....

Every one of those players are NHLers, I don't care what anyone says
.. Chytil had a bad camp, but he's a damn good hockey player... he'll be with the big club soon. Same goes for Kravtsov, who had a pretty good camp, really.

I don't mind sending either player down to start. Have to put out the best team every night, and right now there are other players doing things to give us a better chance of winning the next game.

Both Chytil and Kravtsov have top 6 skill, though. When they get going they'll surely be able to reclaim a spot.
concust
Posted 2019-09-30 5:28 PM (#728245 - in reply to #728244)

Legend

robstones - 2019-09-30 6:14 PM

In other words... I hope they air Hartford games on MSG because I REALLY want to see Chytil, Kravtsov, Lindgren, Rykov, Shestyorkin... I'm sure I'm missing anothet key player, but you get the idea... tear it up down there....

Every one of those players are NHLers, I don't care what anyone says
.. Chytil had a bad camp, but he's a damn good hockey player... he'll be with the big club soon. Same goes for Kravtsov, who had a pretty good camp, really.

I don't mind sending either player down to start. Have to put out the best team every night, and right now there are other players doing things to give us a better chance of winning the next game.

Both Chytil and Kravtsov have top 6 skill, though. When they get going they'll surely be able to reclaim a spot.

AHL live is $60/year for all Wolfpack games. But if you subscribe, your opinions about Wolfpack players will be much more informed but equally ignored.

PV29
Posted 2019-09-30 8:01 PM (#728247 - in reply to #728225)

Scorer

Another season of watching Jesper Fast get swatted around and knocked on his ass.

Would've preferred Lindgren to start with the big club. But at least Smith can play a hard game and stand up for his teammates. He played well at the end of the season and I'd expect him to be solid when called upon.

Chytil has been unimpressive so far, he better get the message quickly.
Beezer34
Posted 2019-09-30 8:54 PM (#728248 - in reply to #728225)

All-Star

The Rangers are not winning the cup this year... we all agree... yes good.. so taking your time with players is the best road.. Letting a guy play 25 minutes a night in Hartford is better than playing 12 minutes in the NHL. and both these guys have stuff to learn.. I agree Kravstov looked overwhelmed out there.. and I think some time in Hartford will get him the confidence.. his skill is evident.. Chtyil the same thing you can see he has all the elements to be a solid NHL but there are still things he is not doing every shift. I think Howden and Anderson and Chytil were all being rushed a bit I think they all have a future but no need to rush..

I also think the Rangers need guys like Kreider and Smith and Strome and Namestinikov to all play and play very well and ship them out.. no one wants Smith or Vlad so anything they can do to make themselves appealing as trade bait is great. Vlad is NOT back next year that is almost 100% Smith if ANYONE can see ANY value in him the Rangers trade him and a pick to dump salary and get 4 mil off the books would be great.. hell trading him and retaining half would still be a better situation as if could mean potentially keeping Kreider who knows...

The Rangers have a lot of prospects who dont need to play this year.. they need to be ready to be NHLers when the Kakko's and others start to peak .. all the kids bloom at the same time.. and live up to the potential and this team is looking great in a few years.
Rranger
Posted 2019-09-30 9:20 PM (#728249 - in reply to #728247)

MVP

PV29 - 2019-09-30 7:01 PM

Another season of watching Jesper Fast get swatted around and knocked on his ass.

Would've preferred Lindgren to start with the big club. But at least Smith can play a hard game and stand up for his teammates. He played well at the end of the season and I'd expect him to be solid when called upon.

Chytil has been unimpressive so far, he better get the message quickly.

I hear you on Jesper, much rather Lemieux, and McKegg on the fourth line wings. Don’t mind Smith as a swing guy like the end of last season. Chytil is exactly where his play got him to. He’s still young, basically where Andersson was age wise at the start of last season, I’ll be a lot more worried if he craps the bed at next years camp. He’s got this year to grow and needs some serious time in Hartford perfecting his center play, where Gorton stated today the Rangers want him to play. If it was easy everybody would be in the NHL. All in all no real surprises and I don’t mind Haley being around to kick in a game here and there on the fourth line.
PV29
Posted 2019-09-30 9:30 PM (#728250 - in reply to #728249)

Scorer

Rranger - 2019-09-30 11:20 PM

I hear you on Jesper, much rather Lemieux, and McKegg on the fourth line wings. Don’t mind Smith as a swing guy like the end of last season. Chytil is exactly where his play got him to. He’s still young, basically where Andersson was age wise at the start of last season, I’ll be a lot more worried if he craps the bed at next years camp. He’s got this year to grow and needs some serious time in Hartford perfecting his center play, where Gorton stated today the Rangers want him to play. If it was easy everybody would be in the NHL. All in all no real surprises and I don’t mind Haley being around to kick in a game here and there on the fourth line.

Agreed. The 4th line should be built with a purpose, it's not a place to warehouse the guys who can't crack the top 9. The Isles get so much out of Martin-Cizikas-Clutterbuck, while the Rangers have not had a well-designed or thought out 4th line in a long time. It changes from season to season and it's just a holding place for depth guys in case one of the top 9 gets hurt.

I don't mind being patient with the youngsters, but one wonders when it's time to realize that they'll never be better than they are right now. Still too early but it's getting late around here next season.
itsmcilrathtime
Posted 2019-10-01 4:28 AM (#728254 - in reply to #728225)

All-Star

If Gorton doesn't feel the Rangers are going to make the playoffs there probably will be more guys going. Fast for sure will be out at the deadline. They might be able to move Staal with 1 year left on his deal at that point. Smith maybe but doubtful. Kreider would be 50/50. He's a guy I could see them dealing then actually signing back in the off-season. Namestnikov for sure. Basically, a lot of vets will be playing for their jobs here. That much is obvious.
robstones
Posted 2019-10-14 12:49 PM (#728504 - in reply to #728225)

Legend

Chytil has 2g 3a in 4gp

Just a matter of time before he's back up with the big boys.

Kravtsov seems to be struggling mentally. Not being on The Rangers must've deflated his tires a bit. He needs to get back on the horse and earn the spot he thought was a sure thing. He no doubt thought he was going to be a New York Ranger out of the gate, and seems to be playing discouraged by all accounts.

Hopefully a Chytil callup will get him to step up and regain confidence
Fish
Posted 2019-10-14 1:27 PM (#728505 - in reply to #728225)

Publisher

One of those goals was an empty netter in Game 3 to be fair, and the second one came on a back door tap-in set up mostly by O'Regan….but nevertheless, hopefully he keeps improving.
Rranger
Posted 2019-10-14 4:27 PM (#728506 - in reply to #728225)

MVP

I think this guy should stay in Hartford until he is playing lights out. If he can. If he’s ever going to fulfill the Rangers projections as a point producer in the NHL he has to do it in the AHL, and not just average points, he needs to light it up and not just for five games. Because of his birthdate he's closer in age to a pick in this last years draft not the draft 2 years ago. He was one of the youngest players picked in his draft. 40 games and 50-60 points in Hartford would send a pretty confident player to NY in late December. You want him to never have to go back to Hartford once he gets back to NYC.
itsmcilrathtime
Posted 2019-10-14 5:51 PM (#728507 - in reply to #728225)

All-Star

Chytil should play 40 games at least for the Pack. Andersson has been one of the best forwards since camp. It's time dumbass Quinn puts him with real talent. Strome is not a second line center. Now maybe Lias tops out at a 3rd but it should be Kreider-Andersson-Buchnevich or Kreider-Anderssson-Lemeiux. Quinn has screwed this kis over multiple times and I'm sick of it.
concust
Posted 2019-10-15 9:23 AM (#728509 - in reply to #728505)

Legend

Fish - 2019-10-14 2:27 PM

One of those goals was an empty netter in Game 3 to be fair, and the second one came on a back door tap-in set up mostly by O'Regan….but nevertheless, hopefully he keeps improving.

The key takeaway from getting an ENG is not that it artificially inflates goal totals, but rather he's being trusted by the coaching staff in an odd man situation protecting a one goal lead late in the third.
x10003q
Posted 2019-10-15 12:47 PM (#728511 - in reply to #728509)

MVP

concust - 2019-10-15 11:23 AM

The key takeaway from getting an ENG is not that it artificially inflates goal totals, but rather he's being trusted by the coaching staff in an odd man situation protecting a one goal lead late in the third.

or - the Hartford staff has been told to put him out there in man down situations no matter what
Rangerjunkie
Posted 2019-10-15 1:13 PM (#728513 - in reply to #728507)

All-Star

itsmcilrathtime - 2019-10-14 5:51 PM

Chytil should play 40 games at least for the Pack. Andersson has been one of the best forwards since camp. It's time dumbass Quinn puts him with real talent. Strome is not a second line center. Now maybe Lias tops out at a 3rd but it should be Kreider-Andersson-Buchnevich or Kreider-Anderssson-Lemeiux. Quinn has screwed this kis over multiple times and I'm sick of it.

Who should be the 4th line center?
Rranger
Posted 2019-10-15 2:03 PM (#728515 - in reply to #728511)

MVP

x10003q - 2019-10-15 11:47 AM

concust - 2019-10-15 11:23 AM

or - the Hartford staff has been told to put him out there in man down situations no matter what

You can bet they have been told to use him in all situations.
LeetchyMrRanger
Posted 2019-10-18 10:57 AM (#728677 - in reply to #728225)

All-Star

https://thehockeynews.com/news/article/what-should-the-new-york-rang...
Rranger
Posted 2019-10-19 7:27 AM (#728749 - in reply to #728225)

MVP

One can't help but think Kravstov will go back to Russia. All the news about him in Hartford seem to indicate he is pouting. Plus a lot more dough in the fatherland. He looked scrawny and played on the outside during the exhibition and is probably a year away no matter what. I'd rather see him in Hartford getting North Americanized, but I think he is headed home soon.
x10003q
Posted 2019-10-19 8:51 AM (#728752 - in reply to #728749)

MVP

Rranger - 2019-10-19 9:27 AM

One can't help but think Kravstov will go back to Russia. All the news about him in Hartford seem to indicate he is pouting. Plus a lot more dough in the fatherland. He looked scrawny and played on the outside during the exhibition and is probably a year away no matter what. I'd rather see him in Hartford getting North Americanized, but I think he is headed home soon.

He is listed at 6'3" and 170. He was manhandled in the preseason and he does not have his man strength. That can show up anywhere from 17 to 24. Look at Kakko, he seems to be physically capable of taking on NHL opponents at age 18. If Kravtsov is not ready for North American hockey because of strength, maturity, money, ice space, or all of that, then let him go back to the KHL. He is not ready to compete here. The Rangers are still a "work in progress" and his absence does not matter right now.
Rranger
Posted 2019-10-19 9:29 AM (#728754 - in reply to #728752)

MVP

x10003q - 2019-10-19 7:51 AM

He is listed at 6'3" and 170. He was manhandled in the preseason and he does not have his man strength. That can show up anywhere from 17 to 24. Look at Kakko, he seems to be physically capable of taking on NHL opponents at age 18. If Kravtsov is not ready for North American hockey because of strength, maturity, money, ice space, or all of that, then let him go back to the KHL. He is not ready to compete here. The Rangers are still a "work in progress" and his absence does not matter right now.

I agree but development wise he’d be better off in Hartford than playing in Russia.
Rranger
Posted 2019-10-19 1:32 PM (#728755 - in reply to #728225)

MVP

The good news is the Rangers didn’t sign Matt’s Zuccarello at 32 to a 5 year $6,000,000 per contract. No wonder the GM got his ass handed to him. And it’s a great lesson for judging Kreider. It’s important Chytil and Kravstov are ready next year, when Kreider, Fast, Smith and whoever else gets dumped at the trade deadline.
sureshore
Posted 2019-10-21 1:50 PM (#728832 - in reply to #728752)

All-Star

x10003q - 2019-10-19 10:51 AM

Not sure where you see him at 6'3 170. Is that his pre-draft weight? Hartford has him at 6'3 189. Still not thick but closer to NHL size than Midget hockey
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [35 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2019 PD9 Software