Home Page
 OTG

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

And the new lines are.
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [35 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Rangers -> Winter Is ComingMessage format

Rranger
Posted 2019-10-21 3:36 PM (#728835)
Subject: And the new lines are.

MVP

Larry Brooks
@NYP_Brooksie
Rangers shuffling lines again for tomorrow v Coyotes. Fast with Zibanejad and Panarin, Kreider back to left with Howden and Kakko, Strome between Lemieux and Buchnevich..

Fast has made exactly one decent play so far this season, obviously in Quinn’s mind it’s deserving of a promotion. Putting Fast and his expiring contract and zero future with the Rangers, with Panarin and Zibanejad reeks of panic. Bouncing Kakko, Buchnevich and Lemieux around like beach balls is just stupid. Publicly stating Kakko basically knows nothing is just stupid. It’s starting to look like the Andersson, Howden, and Chytil development program that has been such a resounding failure so far is going to encompass Kakko also. Wasn’t Quinn hired because he was a guy who could develop players? Rangers are knee deep in stuff you don’t want to be in. I get the sense there are more than a few Rangers playing tentative worrying about making mistakes. Kakko in particular looks like he’s skating on eggshells. He was better with Strome than he has been with Howden. Arizona is on a bit of a kick, might be another long night at MSG.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Fish
Posted 2019-10-22 4:16 PM (#728839 - in reply to #728835)
Subject: Re: And the new lines are.

Publisher

Starting to wonder whether we should change the forum name to "Whose line is it anyway?"

There's really not a lot of options of course, but you know you're reaching when you put Fast on the top line...
Rranger
Posted 2019-10-22 6:47 PM (#728889 - in reply to #728839)

MVP

Fish - 2019-10-22 3:16 PM

Starting to wonder whether we should change the forum name to "Whose line is it anyway?"

There's really not a lot of options of course, but you know you're reaching when you put Fast on the top line...

Roger that.
Rangerjunkie
Posted 2019-10-23 6:20 AM (#728910 - in reply to #728835)

All-Star

The first line needs someone who can create some space for Mika and Artem, we don't have that someone.

Chytil should be centering the 2nd line between Kreider and Kakko, Strome the 3rd line with Buch and ?? Howden the 4th line with Limeux and McKegg.

Maybe Krav will figure it out soon and be that other 3rd line winger, but for now I guess Fast.

Maybe Skjei and Anderson could bring something back like a Ferland type player for the 1st line.
Rangerjunkie
Posted 2019-10-23 6:22 AM (#728911 - in reply to #728835)

All-Star

This team is entirely way to soft. I've never seen so players knocked off the puck or their feet.
robstones
Posted 2019-10-23 7:26 AM (#728913 - in reply to #728835)

Legend

I think Kakko should be on the top line, and Chytil brought up, and see if he can handle 2nd line C playing with some talent

Panarin Zibanejad Kakko
Kreider Chytil Buchnevich
Lemieux Howden Strome
Mckegg Andersson Fast

Smith instead of McKegg is fine by me... McKegg brings a little more speed, Smith plays a heavier game... I choose the speed...
Rranger
Posted 2019-10-23 7:27 AM (#728914 - in reply to #728835)

MVP

This is lousy play is gaining momentum. As a guy sitting in the stands evaluating your first looking for who's playing hard and doing THEIR job not running around like a dog chasing a bone. If your sitting in the stands watching the Rangers your first notation would be what are these guys trying to do system wise, because they are as inconsistent and individualistic as can be, and any semblance of a system or game plan is non existent. Charting breakouts would be easy there are very few, most puck movements up the ice start with a bomb up to the far blueline tipped in and lost time after time. Breakouts are your bread and butter leading to all things good, no breakouts and your hooped. The Rangers are spending far to much time chasing the puck after stupidly turning it over.
But the biggest two issues with Quinn have to be simplify the game plan keep the puck to the out side on O and D. They have to stop these insane shot opportunities numbers against. And if he doesn't get 3/4'ers of the team playing to a facsimile of their talent he's going to get the door. I hate to say it but I think the watch is on.
robstones
Posted 2019-10-23 11:36 AM (#728927 - in reply to #728835)

Legend

Well, some of that can be credited to

Panarin
Kakko
McKegg
Trouba
Fox
and to some extent Hajek

All being new to the team. So, not only do they need time to adjust to the system, but the system needs to adjust to them too.

Adding weapons like Panarin and Trouba shake things up a LOT... a new kid like Kakko or Fox, those are two really talented kids too.

And so, you want to cater to them, and adjust your system to benefit their games.

Like, Trouba is good at carrying the puck himself... so is Zibanejad. Fox has great passin ability, though... so knowing who is on the ice and what their strengths are takes a little time. Establishing roles for everyone.

Is Buchnevich a top 6 guy, or not... Hell, is Chytil going to be here and contributing?? Is Strome a center, or winger... What is Kreider doing?

And so, I think he had a game plan heading in to the season, nd next thing you know Haley, McKegg, and Smith are 3 of your bottom 6....

Add that to inconsistent efforts and bad penalties... and it's not all Quinn's fault.

But at some point they need to sew the C on Zibanejad's sweater. Let him pick his assistants, and give this team an identity
robstones
Posted 2019-10-23 11:52 AM (#728930 - in reply to #728835)

Legend

My fantasy league says Panarin and Zibanejad were split up today at practice... says the line was

Panarin Strome Buchnevich...

Leading me to believe that the top line is

Kreider Zibanejad Kakko....

though... I bet it's Fast, and Kakko goes to the 4th line haha
Rranger
Posted 2019-10-23 11:54 AM (#728931 - in reply to #728835)

MVP

. If anyone thinks Quinn is bringing anything to the rink these players haven’t done before I got a bridge for sale. Quinn’s job is to implement and and make sure players operate within the system. This team has no structure and very little cohesion. Any coach I’ve ever seen starts with team D at the start of the season. Based on the continual pounding and number and quality of shots against the personnel or the coach sucks. When you see very little repetitive play, and a whole lot of running around it’s obvious the problem.
Av-merican
Posted 2019-10-23 12:14 PM (#728932 - in reply to #728931)

All-Star

Rranger - 2019-10-23 12:54 PM

. If anyone thinks Quinn is bringing anything to the rink these players haven’t done before I got a bridge for sale. Quinn’s job is to implement and and make sure players operate within the system. This team has no structure and very little cohesion. Any coach I’ve ever seen starts with team D at the start of the season. Based on the continual pounding and number and quality of shots against the personnel or the coach sucks. When you see very little repetitive play, and a whole lot of running around it’s obvious the problem.

I had big concerns about Quinn his first year, and that hasn't changed. I'm not expecting the Rangers to be elite right out the gate, but I was expecting substantial improvement over last year's play. I'm not seeing that.
Rranger
Posted 2019-10-23 7:51 PM (#728946 - in reply to #728932)

MVP

Av-merican - 2019-10-23 11:14 AM

Rranger - 2019-10-23 12:54 PM

I had big concerns about Quinn his first year, and that hasn't changed. I'm not expecting the Rangers to be elite right out the gate, but I was expecting substantial improvement over last year's play. I'm not seeing that.

Ditto and where is the Buchnevich, Lemieux, Howden, Andersson, Skjei, ect. Ect. Individual improvement that Quinn’s coaching was supposed to provide. Let alone the team play.
robstones
Posted 2019-10-28 3:47 PM (#729122 - in reply to #728835)

Legend

Chytil and Lindgren recalled....
LeetchyMrRanger
Posted 2019-11-02 12:48 PM (#729216 - in reply to #728835)

All-Star

Youngest team in the league @ 25.8, 7 under 21.
Rranger
Posted 2019-11-02 3:00 PM (#729237 - in reply to #728835)

MVP

Well amazing what three games can do. Anice step forward by the Rangers and kudos to Quinn. He’s got these young guys ears.
scthockey2294
Posted 2019-11-05 10:50 PM (#729290 - in reply to #729216)

Scorer

LeetchyMrRanger - 2019-11-02 12:48 PM

This is a great stat & people need to realize not all young 1st round picks figure it out right away.

Hajek
Fox
Lindgren
Andersson
Howden

All 21.

Chytil is 20
Kakko is 18

So much youth & they all have shown they are NHL players & can compete. Kakko is probably the only superstar potential player, followed by Chytil.

They will grow together & improve with some lumps. Shesty will takeover when this team is vastly improved at their young core. All will be great.

concust
Posted 2019-11-06 1:18 PM (#729294 - in reply to #729216)

Legend

LeetchyMrRanger - 2019-11-02 1:48 PM

Plus we got old man Hank dragging up the curve.
robstones
Posted 2019-11-06 4:59 PM (#729298 - in reply to #728835)

Legend

If we get Puljujarvi we can have a line of

Puljujarvi Chytil Kakko

and call it the Finnish your Czech line
sureshore
Posted 2019-11-07 7:36 AM (#729371 - in reply to #729298)

All-Star

robstones - 2019-11-06 6:59 PM

If we get Puljujarvi we can have a line of

Puljujarvi Chytil Kakko

and call it the Finnish your Czech line

Nice. Just want to make sure you know someone appreciates your efforts, Rob
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [35 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum