Home Page
 OTG

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Has Trouba already plateaued
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [35 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Rangers -> Winter Is ComingMessage format

Fish
Posted 2019-11-13 12:42 PM (#729594)
Subject: Has Trouba already plateaued

Publisher

He's been moved off the top power play unit, and while he keeps shooting - he leads the team with 47 shots on goal - it doesn't seem to be converting into goals or assist. He's also seen his plus/minus drop off, which obviously isn't a good indicator in and of itself, but feels like he's been a bit more "average" than he was when he hit the ground running.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Rranger
Posted 2019-11-14 5:32 AM (#729604 - in reply to #729594)
Subject: Re: Has Trouba already plateaued

MVP

i didn't know much about Trouba before he got here. But I see a guy that can be physical with a big shot, not much offensive imagination, and that has shown very little usefulness on the PP., and who can play against opponents top players. I think he came here with a over rated label. He's just not a all round number one guy, and should be pursuing excellence in specific roles, defensive matchups and the PK where the Rangers really need a Girardi, early Staal type minute gobbling guy. The offense is in good hands with DeAngelo and Fox.
Steady Eddie
Posted 2019-11-14 5:47 AM (#729606 - in reply to #729594)

MVP

Both Trouba and Skjei have plateaued. Neither are, or ever will be a top pair dman, The problem is, we are paying Trouba as one.

x10003q
Posted 2019-11-14 1:01 PM (#729612 - in reply to #729594)

MVP

Trouba will be fine. They just need to figure out the team D. Having 47 shots on goal is excellent, especially since he does have a slap shot.
scthockey2294
Posted 2019-11-14 2:56 PM (#729616 - in reply to #729594)

Scorer

Think he is fine.

Not gonna complain about him. Think him & Panarin are/were worth it.
Beezer34
Posted 2019-11-14 7:53 PM (#729643 - in reply to #729594)

All-Star

First I thought he was a agood D man.. but 8 million was a bit high for what I saw... I do think he is a quality D man. BUt the problem with the Rangers extends far past him.

Go back to the best years in the recent history and you had a D that had McDonaugh, Griardi, Staal, Stralman etc a group who was D defence first. During that time NYR went out and got D man after D man afert Dmaan to rty and run the PP. BUT they alwaysw had solid Defence minded D man there to help. so bring in a Boyle or a Yandle and the guys around them were able to make up for the short cummings..

Fast forward a few years and the Rangers D moved on it's top pairing and depth D and replaced them with offensive minded D men. Shattenkirk Skeji Fox D'ANgelo etc.. and none of them play D very well.. They have an offensive edge that is just not enough to make the soft D better. on nights where the offense clicks they will have big nights.. but as you have seen there is not enough on off nights to help out the Rangers goalies.

You look at the Rangers D when the team won a cup and you had Leetch .. playing with Beukaboom.. so Leetch could rush knowing that Jeff was going to clean up the mess.. and Leetch was good enough to come back and help. I think the Rangers have a D that is almost where it needs to be. Trouba Fox and Dangelo supplying offence but they need to paid them up with a guy who in his own zone can take care of business. Lindgren is a guy who I think could be that.. but a rookie.. so he is still learning at the NHL level Staal has become the shuit down D man in NYR and he is NOT a shut down D man. The Rangers need to find a guy or two who can play with the offensive guys.. who stay at home.. and be the pain in the butt they are.. allowing the other d man to come back.

Right now with Fox and D'Angelo and Skeji and trouba there is no stay at home play d denseman.. Lindgren is that guy Staal is that guy.. and Lindgren is young and Staal is old.. They need to trade or sign or draft a kid or two who can line up and be a threat on the D side... block shots .. move people and let the offensive guys do their thing.

Hank is getting older and if anything he will need more help not less.. and over the past 3 seasons he has had little to none most nights. He has not been great but if you watch him he is playing like he is not getting help and you can tell.. Skeji has been terrible in his own zone since day one and if you ever watch Hank he knows it to. He has yelled at him on more than a few games I have seen.

You add to that a forward core that has yet to learn to be everyday NHLers.. Anderson Chytl Kakko and others are all just still figuring it all out.

this team is a mess of young talent and potential and he along with the others need to find their groove. I think if there is anyone who has tobe moved on it is Skeji. He has upside sure but the truth is the Ranegrs will have a few more D men coming up very soon .. who can provide the O he brings but be better in his own zone.. Lindgren, Rykov ,Hajek, and Miller Lundqvist(they will have to make room for the last two soon) could move into a everyday role and fill a gap that moving him would open up.
Rranger
Posted 2019-11-15 6:52 AM (#729648 - in reply to #729594)

MVP

You make some good points. never really thought about the defensive stalwart angle but its something that would help a lot. The offense is looked after pretty good for now and the foreseeable future with Fox and DeAngelo assuming he sticks around. Miller coming and others. But they do need some of the the McDonagh, Girardi, and Staal in his prime types. One of the reasons Lindgren looks to be a lock on the roster now. Trouba and Skjei both need to really bear down on the solid defensive, physical, penalty killing, parts of their games.
concust
Posted 2019-11-15 7:46 AM (#729650 - in reply to #729594)

Legend

I'd maybe give him a partner that's not Hajek before I make a determination on Trouba. Hajek is not a good complement to Trouba.
PV29
Posted 2019-11-15 6:29 PM (#729657 - in reply to #729594)

Scorer

Trouba brings a physical, mobile Dman that the Rangers haven't had in awhile. There was too much hype about his offensive ability, which was overrated in the offseason. He's not a power play QB, but can be an effective shut down Dman given his skating, size and physical play. He's also adjusting to a new "system" (whatever that is) and may be still unsure of his responsibilities. He's being overpaid, but not to the same degree as past free agent Dmen that have been brought here.

The young forwards need to learn better weak side coverage and looking around for the late trailer. They also need to win some faceoffs. Once the forwards get better, the defense will improve.
LeetchyMrRanger
Posted 2019-11-15 6:47 PM (#729658 - in reply to #729594)

All-Star

Right, those that thought Al McInnis is here, are in for a surprise.
itsmcilrathtime
Posted 2019-11-20 5:51 AM (#729707 - in reply to #729594)

All-Star

Never wanted him here when a huge percentage of our fan base was pining for him. However, I understood the move because the organization hasn't drafted an elite talent, RHD with size in forever. When you don't do that you have to make desperate moves and hand out desperate contracts to get one.
LeetchyMrRanger
Posted 2019-11-25 1:17 PM (#729902 - in reply to #729594)

All-Star

https://thehockeynews.com/video/podcast-video/article/its-been-a-slo...
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [35 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2019 PD9 Software