Home Page
 OTG

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Panarin vs Bure, Jagr and Gaborik
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [35 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Rangers -> Winter Is ComingMessage format

Fish
Posted 2019-11-26 11:09 AM (#729974)
Subject: Panarin vs Bure, Jagr and Gaborik

Publisher

So, with 30 points in his first 22 games, how do you think Panarin stacks up with other top quality players who've played for the Rangers in recent years
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Rranger
Posted 2019-11-26 1:53 PM (#729979 - in reply to #729974)
Subject: Re: Panarin vs Bure, Jagr and Gaborik

MVP

All good players, no two really comparable. You don’t get to watch other teams players much unless your watching 4 games a night. Panarin has surprised me with his total game, didn’t see enough of him before, to know how good he really is. His strength also surprises me. He going to be right up there with any of the others when he’s done.
robstones
Posted 2019-11-26 6:45 PM (#729982 - in reply to #729974)

Legend

Just as good if not better in some areas than the others.... only.... he's younger.

He'll put up higher totals than all of them as a Ranger.

Panarin is on pace for a 45g 67a 112 pts season

Jagr is the only one to have a 100+ pts season as a Ranger... once.... the other two were never close.

Panarin may do that routinely here for us

Edited by robstones 2019-11-26 6:53 PM
Fish
Posted 2019-11-27 1:03 PM (#729994 - in reply to #729974)

Publisher

Yes, Gaborik and Bure more goal scorers, so they didn't necessarily put up as many points because they don't get the benefits of the passing aspects of the game. Panarin's puck control and passing is really remarkable, his ability to work in traffic is also something I didn't expect as much. Always felt he was someone you didn't notice as much until he scored when he played for Columbus, but now that I watch him more, I really see how good he is with the puck....very smart player all over the ice too, and despite being smaller than many, he still figures a way to weave and avoid the big lumbering trees
Pierre_Pdare
Posted 2019-12-01 2:19 PM (#730151 - in reply to #729974)

MVP

Leetch had 102 pts in '91-'92
Messier had 107 that same season

Edited by Pierre_Pdare 2019-12-01 2:22 PM
PV29
Posted 2019-12-01 4:43 PM (#730154 - in reply to #729974)

Scorer

Bure was exciting to watch and then he blew out his knee. hard to compare him to anyone.

Jagr carried the franchise on his back for several years while a re-tooling took place. He had Nylander, Straka, and not much else. His stats those years are even more impressive considering the lack of depth those teams had. I don't think Panarin could have done what Jagr did.

Gaborik was a sniper who put up good numbers but didn't have the playmaking ability that Panarin has. He was a fast break winger who needed a guy like Panarin to spring him loose for scoring chances. I liked Gaborik, just wish the Rangers had given him a more physical winger on the opposite side to protect him a bit more and create some room.

As pointed out above, Panarin is younger. He's in his prime, not on the downhill slope of his career like other guys brought here (although Gaborik was still in his prime when he was here).
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [35 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2019 PD9 Software