Home Page
 OTG

Search | Statistics | User Listing Forums | Albums | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Smith and Trouba
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [35 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Rangers -> Winter Is ComingMessage format

Fish
Posted 2020-02-26 7:45 AM (#732561)
Subject: Smith and Trouba

Publisher

Was dreading this combo a bit but thought both guys had a real good game last night. I hope they have more like it down the stretch, team is going to need it
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Rranger
Posted 2020-02-26 9:25 AM (#732563 - in reply to #732561)
Subject: Re: Smith and Trouba

MVP

Smith does not have a big bar to get to so he matches Skjei's defense which had slipped badly. As mentioned elsewhere Skjei's offense wasn't significant so the Rangers just need some safe, solid, physical, and a little nasty defense out of Smith much like his first playoff's with the Ranger's against Montreal. Smith gets in trouble when he tries to play out of his abilities and comfort zone. We need him to fill his role and only that, no brain cramps trying to do to much.
concust
Posted 2020-02-26 10:59 AM (#732564 - in reply to #732561)

Legend

Smith did pretty decent at defense for a fourth line winger.
x10003q
Posted 2020-02-26 11:01 AM (#732565 - in reply to #732564)

MVP

concust - 2020-02-26 12:59 PM

Smith did pretty decent at defense for a fourth line winger.

Now that's some funny shyt
PV29
Posted 2020-02-26 4:58 PM (#732569 - in reply to #732563)

Scorer

Rranger - 2020-02-26 11:25 AM

Smith does not have a big bar to get to so he matches Skjei's defense which had slipped badly. As mentioned elsewhere Skjei's offense wasn't significant so the Rangers just need some safe, solid, physical, and a little nasty defense out of Smith much like his first playoff's with the Ranger's against Montreal. Smith gets in trouble when he tries to play out of his abilities and comfort zone. We need him to fill his role and only that, no brain cramps trying to do to much.

I'm glad someone still remembers what he brought during that playoff season. Ironically, Smith and Skjei were the best defense pair the Rangers had in that series, and AV put Holden out there against Ottawa in crucial, late game situations and got burned.

Smith looked slow and tentative in the first period. He got better as the game went on. I think he'll be a good, stay at home, kinda player for the remainder of the season. Which will allow Trouba to join the play a bit more and step up for hits like he did last night. Smith was already killing penalties on defense even when he was dressed as a winger, so that shouldn't be a problem. In his own way, I think he's also adding some leadership for the younger guys. He's been a good team guy, getting scratched often and willing to play in roles that other players might take offense at (*cough* Lias *cough*).

His one weakness is speed to the outside, and he may get burned from time to time by opponents like Barzal last night. Luckily, not too many guys skate like Barzal.
Rranger
Posted 2020-02-26 7:25 PM (#732573 - in reply to #732569)

MVP

PV29 - 2020-02-26 3:58 PM

Rranger - 2020-02-26 11:25 AM

I'm glad someone still remembers what he brought during that playoff season. Ironically, Smith and Skjei were the best defense pair the Rangers had in that series, and AV put Holden out there against Ottawa in crucial, late game situations and got burned.

Smith looked slow and tentative in the first period. He got better as the game went on. I think he'll be a good, stay at home, kinda player for the remainder of the season. Which will allow Trouba to join the play a bit more and step up for hits like he did last night. Smith was already killing penalties on defense even when he was dressed as a winger, so that shouldn't be a problem. In his own way, I think he's also adding some leadership for the younger guys. He's been a good team guy, getting scratched often and willing to play in roles that other players might take offense at (*cough* Lias *cough*).

His one weakness is speed to the outside, and he may get burned from time to time by opponents like Barzal last night. Luckily, not too many guys skate like Barzal.

As a teammate you pull for a guy like Smith and are motivated yourself watching him battle to be relative. He needs to be constantly reminded to keep it simple.
Pierre_Pdare
Posted 2020-02-27 5:07 PM (#732585 - in reply to #732561)

MVP

Bottom line is if he doesn't play decent you have no chance of trading him...
robstones
Posted 2020-02-27 6:40 PM (#732631 - in reply to #732561)

Legend

I'm alright with it.

Lindgren Fox are our top pair... pretty awesome
Fish
Posted 2020-03-06 11:04 AM (#733003 - in reply to #732561)

Publisher

Smith has actually continued to play pretty well since the trade deadline...I'm impressed that he's been able to make the transition back, think if he can just continue to focus on the defensive side, then maybe he can still be of use to this team through the remainder of his contract.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [35 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2020 PD9 Software