OTG Forums
 OTG

Search | Statistics Forums | Calendars | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

DeAngelo waived
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : < ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Now viewing page 8 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   OTG Forums -> First ImpressionsMessage format

Laf # 13
Posted 2021-02-28 5:03 PM (#775573 - in reply to #774014)
Subject: Re: DeAngelo waived

Again, that's what makes some of you "fans" a joke. Good things happen, like signing Panarin for less, I cannot give Gorton credit. Bad things happen, oh Gorton is awful. It is laughable, and what makes it more laughable is you guys actually believe the nonsense you spew.

There is so much evidence Gorton has done a very good job as GM of this team. Of course there are some missteps, every coach, GM, President has them. His good FAR outweighs his bad. Starting next season it has to be about winning (for him and Quinn), and he'll be "on the clock" this offseason to set this team up to start that winning and to be a clear playoff team next season.

And BTW - getting Panarin here for less money could actually be looked at as a good GM knowing the market/desire of the player and acting as such. But that would be the fair way to view it and it doesn't meet the agenda, so forget that...LOL.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Av-merican
Posted 2021-03-01 12:26 PM (#775575 - in reply to #775573)

Laf # 13 - 2021-02-28 6:03 PM

Again, that's what makes some of you "fans" a joke. Good things happen, like signing Panarin for less, I cannot give Gorton credit. Bad things happen, oh Gorton is awful. It is laughable, and what makes it more laughable is you guys actually believe the nonsense you spew.

There is so much evidence Gorton has done a very good job as GM of this team. Of course there are some missteps, every coach, GM, President has them. His good FAR outweighs his bad. Starting next season it has to be about winning (for him and Quinn), and he'll be "on the clock" this offseason to set this team up to start that winning and to be a clear playoff team next season.

And BTW - getting Panarin here for less money could actually be looked at as a good GM knowing the market/desire of the player and acting as such. But that would be the fair way to view it and it doesn't meet the agenda, so forget that...LOL.

I don't think we have to resort to throwing out an army of straw men. Once again, I gave Gort full credit for the Fox acquisition. He deserves kudos for that, because Fox looks like he will be a franchise defenseman. I didn't give credit for this before, but I also really like the Blackwell signing. Nice depth addition right there. He's made other decent moves and the Rangers have made some good picks at the draft apart from the disastrous selection of Lias Andersson.

It's okay to say that he's had some things fall in his lap, like a superstar winger and the first and second overall picks. Nothing wrong with a little luck on your side. It comes down to how well you capitalize and build around those sorts of things. I don't give Gorton credit for those anymore than I'd give the Penguins credit for drafting Sidney Crosby and Evgeny Malkin. It doesn't take skill or savvy to do those things. So far Gorton has left me wanting. That's okay too.

We can have a discussion if you want, or you can make it into a fight, but the latter does not interest me so you'll be on your own there.

Maybe, if Fish is so kind, I'll put together an article for the front page of the site and y'all can feel free to take it apart and skewer my takes at your leisure. It's his site so either way I'm cool.
Cap'nMess
Posted 2021-03-02 1:06 PM (#775584 - in reply to #774014)

We just learned how TD became a racist...It was all those darn Dr Seuss books that were read to him as a child!!

When will this INSANITY end???
Fish
Posted 2021-03-02 2:06 PM (#775585 - in reply to #775575)

Publisher

Av-merican - 2021-03-01 11:26 AM

Laf # 13 - 2021-02-28 6:03 PM

I don't think we have to resort to throwing out an army of straw men. Once again, I gave Gort full credit for the Fox acquisition. He deserves kudos for that, because Fox looks like he will be a franchise defenseman. I didn't give credit for this before, but I also really like the Blackwell signing. Nice depth addition right there. He's made other decent moves and the Rangers have made some good picks at the draft apart from the disastrous selection of Lias Andersson.

It's okay to say that he's had some things fall in his lap, like a superstar winger and the first and second overall picks. Nothing wrong with a little luck on your side. It comes down to how well you capitalize and build around those sorts of things. I don't give Gorton credit for those anymore than I'd give the Penguins credit for drafting Sidney Crosby and Evgeny Malkin. It doesn't take skill or savvy to do those things. So far Gorton has left me wanting. That's okay too.

We can have a discussion if you want, or you can make it into a fight, but the latter does not interest me so you'll be on your own there.

Maybe, if Fish is so kind, I'll put together an article for the front page of the site and y'all can feel free to take it apart and skewer my takes at your leisure. It's his site so either way I'm cool.

Sure would be happy to publish
Fish
Posted 2021-07-23 9:17 AM (#780316 - in reply to #774014)

Publisher

Will be bought out today
LaFrenger
Posted 2021-07-23 10:40 AM (#780317 - in reply to #774014)

Looking forward to his next chapter.
Fish
Posted 2021-07-24 9:11 AM (#780412 - in reply to #774014)

Publisher

He has officially cleared waivers

and now it's official

Fish
Posted 2021-07-27 11:42 AM (#780489 - in reply to #774014)

Publisher

Guess we'll be seeing a lot more of him this year
Av-merican
Posted 2021-07-27 12:00 PM (#780490 - in reply to #774014)
Subject: RE: DeAngelo waived

See ya Tony. Look forward to you completely ruining another opportunity elsewhere.
David Quinn
Posted 2021-07-27 2:27 PM (#780498 - in reply to #774014)

Look forward to him sticking it to the rangers on pride night next year like Wilson did this yr.
Jump to page : < ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Now viewing page 8 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2021 PD9 Software