OTG Forums
 OTG

Search | Statistics Forums | Calendars | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Panarin leave of absence
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   OTG Forums -> First ImpressionsMessage format

Cap'nMess
Posted 2021-02-22 4:34 PM (#775286 - in reply to #775285)
Subject: Re: Panarin leave of absence

David Quinn - 2021-02-22 6:30 PM

Andy Bathgate - 2021-02-22 2:48 PM

PV29 - 2021-02-22 4:35 PM

To someone who has lived in this country for a long time, it seems impossible that such things can happen in a civilized country. That speaking your mind in opposition to a political leader can result in "hit pieces" written in the media and possible threats to loved ones.

That is, until you realize that openly supporting President Trump in this country can get you fired from your job, death threats sent to you and your family, and your home/business getting vandalized.

There's a common thread to this: Leftists.

Horrible analogy... Russia is no longer a communist country, they’re a Oligarchy, run like a mafia.

But there you go again turning a hockey thread into a political thread.

And his name is impeached twice, 1 term former President Trump, who’s believed to be a Russian asset.

Never go full libtard, that's my job.

Sorry, but he's better at it than you
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Laf # 13
Posted 2021-02-22 4:46 PM (#775287 - in reply to #775281)

Andy Bathgate - 2021-02-22 6:10 PM

PV29 - 2021-02-22 4:59 PM

Andy Bathgate - 2021-02-22 4:48 PM

To someone who has lived in this country for a long time, it seems impossible that such things can happen in a civilized country. That speaking your mind in opposition to a political leader can result in "hit pieces" written in the media and possible threats to loved ones.

That is, until you realize that openly supporting President Trump in this country can get you fired from your job, death threats sent to you and your family, and your home/business getting vandalized.

Horrible analogy... Russia is no longer a communist country, they’re a Oligarchy, run like a mafia.

And his name is impeached twice, 1 term former President Trump, who’s believed to be a Russian asset.

Well, to be fair, the story itself is a bit of both. It's a political story about a hockey player, so some leeway is in order. Just my opinion.

As for Russia, I have no first-hand knowledge so I won't debate your statement. But I believe "tyranny" is an accurate description of what is going on. Which is similar to what we see here. And while he's twice-impeached and an accused Russian asset, nobody should be threatened, assaulted and censored for voicing an opinion that supports him. Not in this country.

I agree with those last 2 sentences... but its happening on all sides, to victimize one party or one view is being mistreated and threatened and assaulted is wrong thousands of Trump supporters on Jan 6th killed 5 people and did more than threatened.. they assaulted and tried to physically censor a Democratic policy of a fair turnover of power... all because they were lied to. Militias are illegal in this country, they have no rights under the law!

And when the Dems stoked violence in the streets, and told lies about Trump, and called his supporters names, and said let's get them on and on, that was okay or were those people lied to as well. People died there also. People were incited and lied to there also. Round and round we go.

Now you'll come back with your Dem POV that it isn't true, or they didn't do that, or this was worse, or they didn't incite violence, and whatever else you will throw out there or shoot down the comparison, and that would just prove the point even more. BOTH SIDES in this country are so dug in, that they only see their side of the debate. They think their side is in the right, and the other side is wrong and starts everything. That's reality regardless of what you, or I, or anyone tries to say or spin.

And newsflash...this has been going on for longer than Trump. It started late in W's 2nd term, and has gotten worse year after year - both sides. And I don't see it getting better anytime soon. It won't get better. We talk unity, and then pass things on straight party lines. We talk unity and then do whatever they want when their party has control. BOTH SIDES are guilty of this, of all of it. Period.

Andy Bathgate
Posted 2021-02-22 10:03 PM (#775288 - in reply to #775287)

Laf # 13 - 2021-02-22 6:46 PM

Well, to be fair, the story itself is a bit of both. It's a political story about a hockey player, so some leeway is in order. Just my opinion.

As for Russia, I have no first-hand knowledge so I won't debate your statement. But I believe "tyranny" is an accurate description of what is going on. Which is similar to what we see here. And while he's twice-impeached and an accused Russian asset, nobody should be threatened, assaulted and censored for voicing an opinion that supports him. Not in this country.

I agree with those last 2 sentences... but its happening on all sides, to victimize one party or one view is being mistreated and threatened and assaulted is wrong thousands of Trump supporters on Jan 6th killed 5 people and did more than threatened.. they assaulted and tried to physically censor a Democratic policy of a fair turnover of power... all because they were lied to. Militias are illegal in this country, they have no rights under the law!

And when the Dems stoked violence in the streets, and told lies about Trump, and called his supporters names, and said let's get them on and on, that was okay or were those people lied to as well. People died there also. People were incited and lied to there also. Round and round we go.

Now you'll come back with your Dem POV that it isn't true, or they didn't do that, or this was worse, or they didn't incite violence, and whatever else you will throw out there or shoot down the comparison, and that would just prove the point even more. BOTH SIDES in this country are so dug in, that they only see their side of the debate. They think their side is in the right, and the other side is wrong and starts everything. That's reality regardless of what you, or I, or anyone tries to say or spin.

And newsflash...this has been going on for longer than Trump. It started late in W's 2nd term, and has gotten worse year after year - both sides. And I don't see it getting better anytime soon. It won't get better. We talk unity, and then pass things on straight party lines. We talk unity and then do whatever they want when their party has control. BOTH SIDES are guilty of this, of all of it. Period.

Laf # 13
Posted 2021-02-23 3:19 AM (#775290 - in reply to #775288)

Andy Bathgate - 2021-02-23 12:03 AM

Laf # 13 - 2021-02-22 6:46 PM

Thank you for proving the exact point being made on the prior page. It's all one side, that darn GOP and Trump. And America continues down the hole...LOL.

Steady Eddie
Posted 2021-02-23 10:50 AM (#775291 - in reply to #775290)

PV29
Posted 2021-02-23 11:29 AM (#775292 - in reply to #775281)

Wow. That's a rabbit hole of corporate media talking points that I'll decline to travel with you. Maybe some other time in a different forum.

Back to Panarin. Hopefully his family is ok and he can resume his season with NYR as soon as possible.

And just to stir some ish again, I wonder if management told Panarin to "tone it down" when he was criticizing Putin on social media and in interviews. One other question: These other Russian players who have publicly supported Putin, have their teams told them to "tone it down" because openly supporting a guy like PUTIN is controversial and not good for the team's image?
Fish
Posted 2021-02-23 11:31 AM (#775293 - in reply to #775261)

Publisher

Folks, can we please get the politics to the junkyard...it's a hopeless conversation
David Quinn
Posted 2021-02-23 2:52 PM (#775294 - in reply to #775292)

PV29 - 2021-02-23 11:29 AM

Wow. That's a rabbit hole of corporate media talking points that I'll decline to travel with you. Maybe some other time in a different forum.

Back to Panarin. Hopefully his family is ok and he can resume his season with NYR as soon as possible.

And just to stir some ish again, I wonder if management told Panarin to "tone it down" when he was criticizing Putin on social media and in interviews. One other question: These other Russian players who have publicly supported Putin, have their teams told them to "tone it down" because openly supporting a guy like PUTIN is controversial and not good for the team's image?

God dammed trumpers!! Tony D killed those 5 people!! I'm so glad I waived him.
Andy Bathgate
Posted 2021-02-24 8:14 AM (#775297 - in reply to #775261)
Subject: RE: Panarin leave of absence

“The details that are not lining up — Panarin’s teammates railing against the claims, the wrong currency being mentioned, and the travel schedule of the team not lining up to Nazarov’s story — seem to fall in behind the fact that Nazarov is an unhinged loon. It sounds as if he’s Russia’s version of Don Cherry, except instead of being limited to seven minutes of TV time per week as Cherry was, Nazarov has parlayed his popularity and bellicose delivery into actual coaching jobs and influence.”

https://deadspin.com/the-artemi-panarin-story-smells-even-more-18463...

Andy Bathgate
Posted 2021-02-24 9:03 AM (#775299 - in reply to #775261)

Panarin asked for 2 weeks off to clear things up, so that’s - 6-8 games. At least that’s better than indefinitely.

https://www.foreverblueshirts.com/rangers-roundup-panarin-asked-for-...

Av-merican
Posted 2021-02-24 1:23 PM (#775301 - in reply to #775261)

Scary situation. Panarin has a family he has to look out for, and it's both sad and frightening that Putin and his cronies care that much what one guy living in New York has to say about him.
x10003q
Posted 2021-02-24 1:31 PM (#775302 - in reply to #775261)

Nazarov took too many shots to the head when he was playing.
Fish
Posted 2021-02-24 2:41 PM (#775303 - in reply to #775302)

Publisher

x10003q - 2021-02-24 12:31 PM

Nazarov took too many shots to the head when he was playing.

The more I read, the more it seems it's less to do with hits to the head, and more to do with politics.
David Quinn
Posted 2021-02-24 3:18 PM (#775306 - in reply to #775301)

Av-merican - 2021-02-24 1:23 PM

Scary situation. Panarin has a family he has to look out for, and it's both sad and frightening that Putin and his cronies care that much what one guy living in New York has to say about him.

Quite ironic that supporting Navalny in russia is the equivalent of supporting trump in america. People are cancelled there as well. Yet NY libtards can't see that. Only a Boston libtard like me.

What time's the game start? I forgot.
Andy Bathgate
Posted 2021-02-25 4:53 PM (#775384 - in reply to #775301)

Av-merican - 2021-02-24 3:23 PM

Putin cares about what NHL Allstar Russian hockey players say about him, because it gets a lot of publicity back in Russia... the Russian government is a mafia of criminals. I wouldn’t be surprised if some of these players are paying oligarchs protection money!
Pierre_Pdare
Posted 2021-02-26 3:13 PM (#775393 - in reply to #775261)

To paraphrase Yakov Smirnov... " In America everyone goes to party... In Russia party comes to you"
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2021 PD9 Software