OTG Forums
 OTG

Search | Statistics Forums | Calendars | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

RIP Mark Pavelich
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   OTG Forums -> First ImpressionsMessage format

Mjolnir
Posted 2021-03-05 3:56 PM (#775856)
Subject: RIP Mark Pavelich

Just saw this in the NY Post.

https://nypost.com/2021/03/05/mark-pavelich-miracle-on-ice-team-star...
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Fish
Posted 2021-03-05 4:19 PM (#775860 - in reply to #775856)
Subject: Re: RIP Mark Pavelich

Publisher

Yeah saw that too, sad stuff...well hopefully he's in a better place now.
Blue404
Posted 2021-03-05 6:00 PM (#775862 - in reply to #775856)
Subject: RE: RIP Mark Pavelich

I Just saw an article on NHL.com website.
Young guy but heavens had other plans.

R.I.P
Pierre_Pdare
Posted 2021-03-05 6:40 PM (#775864 - in reply to #775856)

He was definitely one of my favorite Rangers during his years in NY... I remember he would sit on the bench with the blade of his stick up and somebody called him the "ice shark" RIP Mark Pavelich...
Andy Bathgate
Posted 2021-03-06 5:08 AM (#775872 - in reply to #775856)
Subject: From Barry Beck on Mark Pavalichs passing...a ripping message to JD and the Rangers.

I’m friends with Barry Beck on Facebook and this is his statement...

I’m deeply saddened, shocked and overcome with grief upon hearing the news of Mark Pavelich’s death.
Marks sister Jean and her family are heartbroken as they knew they had to tell Marks mother the news of his death. There will be some tough days ahead.

I just talked with Mark two days ago in an exchange of emails. We asked each other the same question “ How you doing?” At the end of the email we said “I love you” to each other as we often did. A week ago we had our first zoom call and it was great to physically see Mark again. We talked for an hour about everything and anything, than said our goodbyes with love.

Being involved with Mark from the beginning taught me a new found love. If I was going to be his voice I would have to learn to write from my heart. I’d never written before but became passionate about writing because of Mark.

When my son Brock was murdered that passion for writing was lost. Mark and his family were there for me but I couldn’t connect with my writing skills. It wasn’t the same. The loss of my son had broken me.

Climbing one big mountain to overcome my sons death is a difficult task. Now I have two mountains to climb. I guess it’s Everest and K2 so I better get ready. I will get through it not because of my strength but because people need each other to heal.

Well I’m ready to climb for Mark now. He was a teammate and a great friend. Not a lot of people understood him so they missed an opportunity to be close to someone unique. Not all the bullshit just the way it is.

There was a lot of people that could have helped Mark and didn’t. I will get to them in another post. They know who they are. Mark’s sister Jean believed Mark was suffering from CTE as his demeanour became more aggressive.
Now not one NHL team will discuss CTE or any of their players, staff or employees. After the CTE lawsuit the NHL was just happy they didn’t have to discuss it anymore. They told teams under no circumstances shall any team discuss CTE the shrinkage of the brain. No even the stick boy.

They don’t discuss it because their cowards. The only thing that matters to them is money.
That’s it in a nutshell. It’s always been that way. Ask the lawyers..yea just money!

When the incident happened with Mark I immediately contacted his sister Jean to see how I could help. I asked her “has anyone from the Rangers or USA hockey contacted you yet to offer their support?” No one called and still to this day no one called. Who the f&$k do these people think they are?
They better not send their condolences now because they missed the boat. If they do I’ll chew them up from one end to the other.

For the first time I’m ashamed to call myself a NY Ranger. Mark too!
I sent an email to Adam Graves who I tremendously respect. The email was for John Davidson now president of the Rangers. John and I were teammates with the Rangers along with Mark. Since JD was a goalie and I was a defenceman I always had his back, always!

In the email I asked JD if the Rangers could publicaly show their support for Mark by just saying that one of their own former players was sick and we wish him well. Maybe they could show some clips of Mark at a home game so people could see what was happening to Mark. That was it. We didn’t ask them for financially help just recognition that they hoped Mark would get well.

Well JD did not even return my email. I guess he was too fu$king busy. He should have picked up the phone and called me. That would have been the right thing to do as we were teammates and he certainly would have my back right?

You’re on your throne now John but if our paths ever cross you better be ready. Or maybe just turn your back again.

USA hockey you can throw them in the same boat as the Rangers. Wouldn’t respond to help Mark. A fu$king American hero!! You stupid MF’S!

The so called best organisations in the world.
Both the Rangers and USA hockey are accountable for Marks death. The NHL has to grow a set of balls and take action.
There’s only one person from an NHL team who called when my son was murdered and that was George McPhee from the Vegas Knights. He’s got a pair of balls bigger than them all put together. Also a former Ranger teammate who I knew had my back because I had his.

The NHL Alumni with Glen Healy did eventually get involved and Mark, I and his family were very appreciative for their help.

In the end Mark was alone and desperate. I could have done more.
He was a unique individual and a creative genius that I had the pleasure to play with.

I’d like to thank all the well wishers, former teammates and friends who supported Pav through his journey. We miss and love him forever. I hope he meets my son and my son will take care of him.

Marks sister Jean has been a rock through this process of Marks journey. She is his blood and Jesus Christ will comfort her.

For the last time not a NY Ranger just an American hero.

Mark Pavelich an American Hero!
Love you! ??
Fish
Posted 2021-03-06 8:24 AM (#775884 - in reply to #775856)

Publisher

I think the NHlL has it wrong with head injuries, and I think they’ll ultimately end up paying the price for it. Not sure how many of you saw Tom Wilson hit on Brandon Carlo from last night...he didn’t perhaps aim for the hit, but it was a careless hit, which the NHL considers okay most times, but it has a high likelihood of causing significant injury and I think ultimately you have to police those things differently because they are just creating more future Pavelichs.

Sad to think that after they’ve brought so much joy to so many people that these guys are just thrown away
Laf # 13
Posted 2021-03-06 8:50 AM (#775888 - in reply to #775856)

The NHL's disciplinary process is a joke. They are inconsistent and all over the map with discipline. They put way too much weight into was the other player injured and for how long, as if that changes the fact of whether a hit is bad or illegal. It is something the NHL should be ashamed of IMO.

PV29
Posted 2021-03-06 8:52 AM (#775889 - in reply to #775856)

Pavelich was great to watch as a Ranger. Was always saddened to read stories about him after his career. He was such a tortured soul who dealt with some significant personal tragedies. May he find some peace finally.
PV29
Posted 2021-03-06 8:59 AM (#775891 - in reply to #775884)

Fish - 2021-03-06 10:24 AM

I think the NHlL has it wrong with head injuries, and I think they’ll ultimately end up paying the price for it. Not sure how many of you saw Tom Wilson hit on Brandon Carlo from last night...he didn’t perhaps aim for the hit, but it was a careless hit, which the NHL considers okay most times, but it has a high likelihood of causing significant injury and I think ultimately you have to police those things differently because they are just creating more future Pavelichs.

Sad to think that after they’ve brought so much joy to so many people that these guys are just thrown away

I thought he targeted the head, or at least intended a high hit. What made it worse was the glass and boards which do not give like they used to. The seamless glass has made these hits more dangerous than they used to be. If the league is culpable here, it's for two reasons:

- the refs and the disciplinary system do not objectively punish stick fouls and high hits like this one.

- they have yet to develop a boards and glass system that provides a seamless experience for the viewers and spectators that also protects the players.
Steady Eddie
Posted 2021-03-06 9:01 AM (#775892 - in reply to #775888)

Laf # 13 - 2021-03-06 10:50 AM

The NHL's disciplinary process is a joke. They are inconsistent and all over the map with discipline. They put way too much weight into was the other player injured and for how long, as if that changes the fact of whether a hit is bad or illegal. It is something the NHL should be ashamed of IMO.

Agreed. And blindside hits are still legal. Hard to fathom. Also, hard to fathom how this guy is still allowed to play in the NHL:

Laf # 13
Posted 2021-03-06 9:04 AM (#775893 - in reply to #775856)

Tom Wilson is an NHL predator. He is dirty and cheap, and he gets away with it time and time again. Cassidy was spot on with him. It is quite ridiculous that this guy continues to skate by (no pun intended).

Andy Bathgate
Posted 2021-03-07 6:06 PM (#776051 - in reply to #775856)

Becks follow-up on his above Facebook post.

On Friday night Hong Kong time I received a call from my friend Clint Malarchuk that Mark Pavelich had passed away.
I didn’t process it right away and then was overcome with the same feeling I had when my brother informed me that my son had been killed. After a brief conversation with Clint I told him I had to get off the phone.

For the last two years Mark was like a brother to me. I became increasingly protective of him his sister Jean and their family.

We knew he needed help but his evaluation at the psychiatric facility seemed to take forever.
Fortunately with assistance from Glen Healy and the NHL Alumni Association, his legal team and the persistence of Clint Malarchuck Mark was released into the loving care of Melony Butler of the Eagles Nest Landing in Minnesota.
Mark’s sister Jean ever present.

Yesterday I wrote an emotional post that stirred some controversy. I understood everything I said and was soon thereafter contacted by NY Rangers President John Davidson.
Years ago John, Mark and I were teammates with the Rangers. John and I discussed the remarks I had made. We both respect each other and agreed that at this time it’s best we focus on mourning the death of Mark.

We both hope our discussions will continue in the future.
I’m very proud of Mark and how he battled taking steps forward while being sick. He was a kind gentle soul and will be dearly missed.

Our group The Ranch Teammates for Life is devastated. The Ranch is a vision that Mark believed in as it would address former and current players mental health conditions.

Our group will continue our efforts in it becoming a reality not only for Mark but also for those players fallen before him and their families.

We love and miss Mark Pavelich born to be an American Hero. ??
Steady Eddie
Posted 2021-04-06 10:09 AM (#777666 - in reply to #775856)

Death ruled a suicide.

Last month’s death of “Miracle on Ice” Olympic hockey standout Mark Pavelich was ruled a suicide, a Minnesota medical examiner said Monday.

The Midwest Medical Examiner’s Office in Anoka County said in a news release that the 63-year-old Pavelich died of asphyxia. His body was found March 3 at the Eagle’s Healing Nest in Sauk Centre, Minn.

https://nypost.com/2021/04/05/miracle-on-ice-star-mark-pavelichs-cau...

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2021 PD9 Software