OTG Forums
 OTG

Search | Statistics Forums | Calendars | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Jack Eichel
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2 3 4 5
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   OTG Forums -> First ImpressionsMessage format

Kakko # 24
Posted 2021-05-20 10:32 AM (#779801 - in reply to #779645)
Subject: Re: Jack Eichel

We'll see. Based on the playoffs mandate, and the very clear acknowledgement we need a C upgrade, I will say no shot Strome is our # 2 C next season. He may be with the team, but we absolutely 100% will upgrade the C position. Mark it down.

Strome is what he is, a good player. A guy who stinks on FO's. A guy who is not a true # 2 C that is well rounded. No shame in that, just not good enough for what we want to do. And it will be addressed.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
LaFrenger
Posted 2021-05-20 12:42 PM (#779802 - in reply to #779801)

Kakko # 24 - 2021-05-20 9:32 AM

We'll see. Based on the playoffs mandate, and the very clear acknowledgement we need a C upgrade, I will say no shot Strome is our # 2 C next season. He may be with the team, but we absolutely 100% will upgrade the C position. Mark it down.

Strome is what he is, a good player. A guy who stinks on FO's. A guy who is not a true # 2 C that is well rounded. No shame in that, just not good enough for what we want to do. And it will be addressed.

You are talking about dumping one of the, most consistent forwards the Rangers had start to finish last season. Strome and Panarin never did settle in and get to play with what you would call a top end guy. Most of the season they were playing with guys finding their game. Go down the list what forward from start to finish had a better year.? He even stepped up during Panarin’s hiatus which many thought he couldn’t.
Chytil is probably the guy not geared for playoff battles, and the most marketable. And just maybe Drury would rather have Buchnevich and Strome around instead of another $10,000,000 center especially if he decides to pay Zibanejad.
Face offs are important, but can be addressed with other Center's taking important draws which many teams do.
A upgrade is fine anywhere in the lineup as long as it’s a actual upgrade, numbers don’t always tell the whole story.
Kakko # 24
Posted 2021-05-20 1:50 PM (#779803 - in reply to #779645)

I am not talking about dumping anyone. I wrote Strome may be on the team, and he may not be (most likely not if I were to guess). What I am saying is based on everything I have seen and read the Rangers will be looking for a top 6 C upgrade. I fully expect that to happen. We'll see.

itsmcilrathtime
Posted 2021-05-20 3:30 PM (#779804 - in reply to #779802)

Try learning the concept of a salary cap. Chytil improved on faceoffs this season. He also can be locked up cheap to a 4 or 5 year deal now. Strome will want 6 to 7 million next contract. No thanks. The Rangers would be better to trade him now than lose him for nothing.
LaFrenger
Posted 2021-05-21 6:50 AM (#779810 - in reply to #779804)

itsmcilrathtime - 2021-05-20 2:30 PM

Try learning the concept of a salary cap. Chytil improved on faceoffs this season. He also can be locked up cheap to a 4 or 5 year deal now. Strome will want 6 to 7 million next contract. No thanks. The Rangers would be better to trade him now than lose him for nothing.

Try to keep up. Strome is signed for next year. His game took a big jump again this season. Let him earn a long term deal or trade him at the deadline. You still have his potential resign money in the bank to attract a replacement center next summer, you still there?
Chytil needs the contract. Of course you would sign him to a 4 or 5 year deal because your a cap guru and he improved on faceoffs from 32% to 42% against who and where. Yup out there taking faceoffs against the other teams best not, neutral zone or the other teams end, only in his own zone when he had to stay on. There is such a thing as all round game, which we saw very few flashes.. Stay close to your phone I'm sure Drury will be calling you any minute for advice. Rangers need bigger, tougher, meaner on the bottom two lines. You don't get that with Chytil, who has not shown he can center a number two scoring line, and that's just a fact. Unless he gets some bark in his game he would get chewed up in the playoffs. . His skill is evident, but as a grinding third line center in the playoffs its not happening. Rangers have to make some room to bring in what they need. If Drury can find bigger better faster stronger than Strome or Chytil I'm all for it. I'd far rather see Drury flip Chytil for another young center with more of the attributes the Rangers need.
Kakko # 24
Posted 2021-05-21 8:20 AM (#779811 - in reply to #779645)

I agree on Chytil. He is not a 3rd line C. And for our team and the amount of skill we have, Chytil is not the best fit on the 3rd line. We need more toughness and grit rather than pure skill.

I believe we will absolutely upgrade with a top 6 C. I also think Buch is the interesting one to me. Needs a new deal, and has arbitration rights off of a good season. Personally he'd be the one I'd deal, keeping Chytil if given the choice between the two based on the cap.

LaFrenger
Posted 2021-05-21 2:33 PM (#779812 - in reply to #779811)

Kakko # 24 - 2021-05-21 7:20 AM

I agree on Chytil. He is not a 3rd line C. And for our team and the amount of skill we have, Chytil is not the best fit on the 3rd line. We need more toughness and grit rather than pure skill.

I believe we will absolutely upgrade with a top 6 C. I also think Buch is the interesting one to me. Needs a new deal, and has arbitration rights off of a good season. Personally he'd be the one I'd deal, keeping Chytil if given the choice between the two based on the cap.

No doubt Drury has some tough decisions coming up with a lot of potential consequence. Buchnevich’s game is in a good place and Drury better be damn sure Kakko or Kravstov are ready to play top two right wing minutes. Last season proved the Rangers need to be strong out of the gate, trading Buchnevich puts immediate pressure on Kakko and Kravstov to be good early. Again if Buchnevich can be signed to a tradable contract without a lot of trade protection, and gets moved as the season moves along because Kakko and Kravstov are getting it done. That’s a better safer option than trading him this summer and having Kakko and Kravstov struggle. I think there is more than a little doubt at some point in time Strome and Buchnevich probably get moved. It’s just a matter of best and most prudent time.
Cap'nMess
Posted 2021-05-21 2:50 PM (#779813 - in reply to #779645)

JG should have traded for Josh Anderson
Cap'nMess
Posted 2021-05-21 3:51 PM (#779814 - in reply to #779645)

It's up to Drury to find those types of players
Kakko # 24
Posted 2021-05-21 4:05 PM (#779815 - in reply to #779812)

LaFrenger - 2021-05-21 5:33 PM

No doubt Drury has some tough decisions coming up with a lot of potential consequence. Buchnevich’s game is in a good place and Drury better be damn sure Kakko or Kravstov are ready to play top two right wing minutes. Last season proved the Rangers need to be strong out of the gate, trading Buchnevich puts immediate pressure on Kakko and Kravstov to be good early. Again if Buchnevich can be signed to a tradable contract without a lot of trade protection, and gets moved as the season moves along because Kakko and Kravstov are getting it done. That’s a better safer option than trading him this summer and having Kakko and Kravstov struggle. I think there is more than a little doubt at some point in time Strome and Buchnevich probably get moved. It’s just a matter of best and most prudent time.

I get what you are writing, but I am not sure you understand the dynamic here. JD and Gorton were fired because Dolan was not happy with their plan. By all accounts he wants the rebuild over and the playoffs are a mandate next season. The Rangers are going to be aggressive this offseason, that's just the way it will be.

Now that doesn't mean deal a whole bunch of kids for old players, but we will add talent and some vets to be a playoff team. That is why I keep writing, 100% they will upgrade at C with a top 6 guy added. It is happening. Strome will not be the 2nd line C to start the season. No shot.

As for Buch, that is a we'll see based solely on cap hit. If we can work out something reasonable he'll be here. If he wants 5.5 or more I think he may be moved in a package for a top C.

Maybe I'll be wrong and Strome C's Panarin on opening night, but I just don't see any real chance that happens.

LaFrenger
Posted 2021-05-21 7:00 PM (#779816 - in reply to #779815)

Kakko # 24 - 2021-05-21 3:05 PM

LaFrenger - 2021-05-21 5:33 PM

I get what you are writing, but I am not sure you understand the dynamic here. JD and Gorton were fired because Dolan was not happy with their plan. By all accounts he wants the rebuild over and the playoffs are a mandate next season. The Rangers are going to be aggressive this offseason, that's just the way it will be.

Now that doesn't mean deal a whole bunch of kids for old players, but we will add talent and some vets to be a playoff team. That is why I keep writing, 100% they will upgrade at C with a top 6 guy added. It is happening. Strome will not be the 2nd line C to start the season. No shot.

As for Buch, that is a we'll see based solely on cap hit. If we can work out something reasonable he'll be here. If he wants 5.5 or more I think he may be moved in a package for a top C.

Maybe I'll be wrong and Strome C's Panarin on opening night, but I just don't see any real chance that happens.

Don’t understand the dynamic here lol. You mean like a genius like you. This board is so lucky to have your wisdom .. Nobody is talking about not making the playoffs next season. If the Rangers trade Chytil and whatever else is reasonable, land a aggressive 3C power type Center that can win draws and push Strome, get a physical dman, and a couple third, fourth line pieces that can play and play with grit they will take a huge jump. Especially with improved coaching. Kakko and Lafrenière in particular need to mature some more. Keeping Buchnevich around buys some time. You are insane if you think Drury is so stupid as to dump Buchnevich, and think Kakko or whoever is going to replace Buchnevich’s game with Zibanejad, especially if Lafrenière is on the left side for the first 40 games next season. Hopefully ya by the second half of the season Lafrenière, Zib and Kakko can fly. .
They will be in the drivers seat with their assets remaining to make deals at the trade deadline including trading Strome, Buchnevich whoever if they choose. . Is that not clear to you. No one said this off season they can’t go after anybody they think is a upgrade by trading, Strome, Buchnevich whoever, as long as they get better. Do a little checking Strome is a border line first line Center in the NHL. Certainly his stats say that. Once you wrap your head around teams don’t trade top end players unless there is a reason you might understand the best fit might not be available to the Rangers just yet. If they play their cards right they will be able to overpay to get the exact piece they need, when the player is available. . Drury’s mandate this year is to get them in the playoffs and put their best foot forward. . . After next year he will have a mandate to go deep in the playoffs. Even Dolan knows this isn’t done overnight. You seem to think trade for Eichel, or a plug like Monahan and they will win the cup which is ridiculous. The Rangers are not winning a cup until Lafrenière, Kappo, and Kravstov are frontline players. Everyone in the business understands that and they also know it takes some time.
Kakko # 24
Posted 2021-05-21 7:20 PM (#779817 - in reply to #779645)

No, it has nothing to do with me being a genius or having wisdom. It has everything to do with the talk all season that the Rangers need an upgrade at C. It has everything to do with the talk that after the firings the gauntlet was dropped by Dolan, the rebuild is over, and the playoffs are now the expectation.

As for Strome, you are simply delusional. Not only isn't he a border line first line C, he isn't even a very good # 2 C on a big time team. He is a good solid player. That's what he is. He has been aided by playing with a total stud the past couple of seasons. I really like Strome, but he is what he is.

But there really is no point in going back and forth on this. One of us will be proven right, and one of us will be proven wrong over the next few months. I fully expect the Rangers to be aggressive this summer, and I say no shot Strome is the 2nd line C to start the season. You see it differently. That's all good, time will tell who will be right. That's it.

LaFrenger
Posted 2021-05-22 6:28 AM (#779818 - in reply to #779817)

Kakko # 24 - 2021-05-21 6:20 PM

No, it has nothing to do with me being a genius or having wisdom. It has everything to do with the talk all season that the Rangers need an upgrade at C. It has everything to do with the talk that after the firings the gauntlet was dropped by Dolan, the rebuild is over, and the playoffs are now the expectation.

As for Strome, you are simply delusional. Not only isn't he a border line first line C, he isn't even a very good # 2 C on a big time team. He is a good solid player. That's what he is. He has been aided by playing with a total stud the past couple of seasons. I really like Strome, but he is what he is.

But there really is no point in going back and forth on this. One of us will be proven right, and one of us will be proven wrong over the next few months. I fully expect the Rangers to be aggressive this summer, and I say no shot Strome is the 2nd line C to start the season. You see it differently. That's all good, time will tell who will be right. That's it.

You obviously have a dislike for Strome who is easily one of the top 25 centers in the league, which makes him a number one center for a NHL team. That's reality, whether you like it or not. and if you want to brush up on your reading skills you will see I've said repeatedly they can trade Strome as long as they are improving, but again repeatedly they don't have to. So spare me the crap of who is right or wrong if he gets traded.
Kakko # 24
Posted 2021-05-22 2:10 PM (#779819 - in reply to #779645)

Whether he is a top 25 C or not does not mean he is a true # 1 C. There are not a large number of true # 1 C's in the NHL. If you think every team has a true # 1 level C, then we are on a different page here. Strome is an okay # 2 C, I don't disagree with that. But this team absolutely needs to improve down the middle to take the next step, and thankfully they know it.

And I have no dislike for Strome, I just know what he is. A good solid player who has value for sure, but his game is inflated by playing with a top 5 or so player in the NHL, Panarin.

I am done with this nonsense. Strome will not be the # 2 C come the start of the season. That is the bottom line. The Rangers know they need to upgrade at C to take the next step, and they will do so. Short of that I have no clue what your point is. Do they have to trade him or the franchise folds, no, but if they want to get better as a team they need an upgrade from him as the 2nd line C. That will happen this summer, and when it does then we'll talk.

Your line of they can trade Strome as long as they are improving, but again repeatedly they don't have to. Who is saying trade him to get worse? And if you define have to in order to close the gap with the better teams in the NHL, yes they have to improve at C in the top 6 to take that step. I don't care if they trade Strome, or play him in a different role, they need to upgrade from the C duo of Zib and Strome. That duo is not good enough to move the Rangers into the top level of NHL teams.

LaFrenger
Posted 2021-05-23 7:28 AM (#779820 - in reply to #779645)
Subject: RE: Jack Eichel

When smarter people than you sit down to discuss his next contract, whether you like it or not, his league wide rating will be in the conversation. And it will be somewhere around the number 25. Which makes him a number 1 center and that's a fact. If a lower team needs one and he's the best available they are going to take him. That's been the discussion. How quickly your entire discussion changes to now include your never mentioned TRUE number 1 center status. Nice try.
And they don't trade Strome unless they are going to get better. Apparently you can't grasp that. Your trading him to get worse comment is rather stupid.
You have zero concept of team building and chemistry. Your just another idiot who's only solution to getting better is throwing money at a teams issue's and problems.
Kakko # 24
Posted 2021-05-23 7:44 AM (#779821 - in reply to #779645)

Nothing else to say. When Strome is not centering the 2nd line when the season starts that will be that. And rest assured he will not be as the Rangers leadership knows they need to upgrade at C. And if he is centering the 2nd line when the season starts I'll say I was wrong. That's the point, and that's how this ends.

My point from the start is Strome is not viewed as a good enough option to pair with Zib as our top 2 C's, and the Rangers know it and will upgrade there. The rest of it is all pointless words. Where you think he ranks, where I think he ranks, etc. He will not be the 2nd line C for this team when the season starts.

We'll see what happens.

LaFrenger
Posted 2021-05-24 7:07 AM (#779822 - in reply to #779645)

The Rangers don't even know if Zibanejad is good enough, physical enough, and determined enough to be a player during playoff hockey. Let alone help get the Rangers to the playoffs. Feasting on the lessor lights this season and mediocre production against the top physical grinding teams in the division, was not a good indicator. There are a lot of question marks about him. Drury has a lot of important decisions to make. First one is a new coach, then you work together to adjust the lineup.
mpcelo45
Posted 2021-05-26 7:01 PM (#779832 - in reply to #779645)

The recent rumors are that the Rangers may take a flyer on Kadri. Is it the right move not sure, but he can score, hit, fight, and win faceoffs. He has one year left on his contract at 4.5 (kind of expensive). The biggest problem I have with him is the suspension history and he always misses the playoffs due to said suspension.
LaFrenger
Posted 2021-05-27 6:56 AM (#779833 - in reply to #779645)

The biggest problem I have is he is a idiot. His biggest ability is to piss off, and enflame the opposition teams motivation to play. Just what you don't need a guy revving up the other teams competitive juices. At least he's not the throw money at the "best player" a chosen few here think is the solution, he's no answer just another headache.
Drury needs to look down the road, at the Islanders who have the best coach who has the team playing at a level, I'm not sure any other coach could get them too. And then realize its not always the best player but more importantly the right player, and just as important the right person who gets the job done. Combine that with Trotz's ability to have the Ilses in full playoff mode and you got something. Would be fascinating to see what he could do with Kreider.
Pierre_Pdare
Posted 2021-06-23 9:35 AM (#779991 - in reply to #779645)

Rangers, Kings and Bruins out on Eichel?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QsfPK8RmGc&ab_channel=legorocks99
Fish
Posted 2021-06-28 4:11 PM (#780010 - in reply to #779645)

Publisher

Rangers back poking around Jack Eichel again:

https://nypost.com/2021/06/28/rangers-interested-in-jack-eichels-con...
Pierre_Pdare
Posted 2021-07-14 3:11 PM (#780115 - in reply to #779645)

Lotta new rumblings ... hope they are just that
LaFrenger
Posted 2021-07-15 8:03 AM (#780120 - in reply to #779645)

Just say no. To risky at the cost to acquire. I like the idea of acquiring a top center but would prefer a lot more bark on his ass and the ability to go head to head with any other teams top center and top line. Reading Cizikas as four center, Reaves, lol. Goodreau and Coleman, which would all be mistakes based on to much money, then they come in do what they have always done and the masses turn on them because the majority of fans expect more based on the over payment or they turn it off and collect the cheque. Anyone who has observed the Rangers for forty years remembers all to well how miniscule is the success rate of such signings. So Drury we ask you and your staff turn over rocks and find young and ready to enter the league, or second third year types that fit the need. Your business is knowing who they are and acquiring what you need. Please no over priced bidding war third and fourth liners.
itsmcilrathtime
Posted 2021-07-15 12:03 PM (#780121 - in reply to #779645)

Zibanejad entertains but he's proven to be a pussy when the games are physical and matter. Eichel all depends on his physical status. Zibanejad has proven to be a difficult center to find chemistry with. We have several young wings. I'd rather move Zibanejad now. Eichel would probably be a fabulous fit with Kakko or Eichel. I believe he would grow up a lot with Gallant. Me, I would gladly move Zibanejad and Kravtsov i a deal for Tkachuk, Lucic half retained and the Flames first. That would enable the Rangers to trade up in the top ten in this draft if they wished. This team needs less Euro pussies.
Fish
Posted 2021-07-22 8:25 AM (#780278 - in reply to #779645)

Publisher

https://www.dailyfaceoff.com/seravalli-ice-breakers-rangers-the-team...
Are the Rangers the leading contender to acquire Jack Eichel? Sources say the Rangers have quietly checked with each of the teams holding a pick inside the Top 10 of Friday’s Draft, inquiring about the price to acquire it. (New York’s first-round pick is No. 16 overall.) The belief is the Rangers would like to package that pick in a transaction for Eichel, as the Sabres are reportedly seeking another lottery-range pick to go with their No. 1 overall selection.

Teams in conversation with the Sabres have said the asking price for Eichel is “astronomical.” Buffalo is looking for a futures-type deal with multiple prospects and picks involved. A team like the Minnesota Wild, for instance, that would be interested in Eichel doesn’t necessarily have the ability to pull off that type of transaction because they would be relying on their prospects and picks in a couple years to help them through their ‘dead cap era’ looming from the buyouts to Ryan Suter and Zach Parise.
Jump to page : 1 2 3 4 5
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2021 PD9 Software