OTG Forums
 OTG

Search | Statistics Forums | Calendars | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Libor Hajek Re-Signed
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   OTG Forums -> First ImpressionsMessage format

Steady Eddie
Posted 2021-09-05 3:52 AM (#780821)
Subject: Libor Hajek Re-Signed

The New York Rangers have signed Libor Hájek to a one-year, two-way contract. It will pay him $874,125 at the NHL level and $70,000 in the minors. With this signing, the Rangers have locked up all of their restricted free agents for the upcoming season.

https://bluelinestation.com/2021/09/04/new-york-rangers-re-sign-defe...

Top of the page Bottom of the page
LaFrenger
Posted 2021-09-05 5:41 AM (#780822 - in reply to #780821)
Subject: Re: Libor Hajek Re-Signed

Just makes him a peripheral asset by signing him, and easier to trade with the two way contract.
Fish
Posted 2021-09-29 10:31 AM (#781034 - in reply to #780821)

Publisher

I've noticed Gallant has taken the time to mention Hajek, though I think he framed him as kind of a no-frills kind of guy (paraphrasing), do wonder whether the Rangers will take the risk to put him through waivers or keep him as the last man on the 23 man roster. I don't see him as much more than a generic player at this point who can perhaps chip in some offense, but is not someone you turn to make the big play. Whether they keep him or not at this point, I don't think it really matters, but with his $700k salary, I do wonder whether he's a better go-to than Tinordi or Bitetto unless you need physicality for a specific opponent and aren't concerned about your opponent's speed.
itsmcilrathtime
Posted 2021-09-29 10:57 AM (#781035 - in reply to #780821)
Subject: RE: Libor Hajek Re-Signed

Are you on crack? Tinordi is a cone who sucks ass. Bittshitto is atrocious. Hajek was very solid last year playing with crap defensive partners. I don't trust Nemeth at all. Rangers fans as I've said many times are the worst fans in hockey analyzing their defenseman. Just awful. I suspect Jones is going to be used as trade bait. They probably will keep him in the AHL and watch what Chytil does for the first 30 games. If he doesn't step up, I would not be surprised to see Chytil, Jones and a player like Nemeth or Rooney moved for a center 24 to 26 with picks returning who can fill the third center role. The fact Hajek played 44 games and was a +2 was a fukkking miracle considering the scrubs he played with. Bittshitto was a -8 in 14 games last year. Hajek basically carried Smith all season. He had to because Smith was slow and stinks. Good guy but a lousy hockey player.
Fish
Posted 2021-09-29 1:11 PM (#781039 - in reply to #780821)

Publisher

No, not on crack.

I've been quite plain as to being unimpressed with Tinordi, and I think Bitetto doesn't have the footspeed to compete....but I do expect them to hold onto one of the two for the 7th d-man role because they figure they can use them in limited roles. I don't think Hajek is particularly impressive player, but he might have some upside left, and I think he's more like that Steve Kampfer kind of guy...relatively unremarkable, but an affordable depth d-man who can fill in.

Jones and Robertson are clearly have more potential than Hajek on the left, and the Rangers also have Reunanen who is perhaps in a similar vein to Hajek just a year or two behind him in terms of experience. For me it's likely not going to matter in the long term, but I'd be more inclined to keep him than Bitetto or Tinordi who clearly have some gaps in their game...and have some concerns about Nemeth as well.
LaFrenger
Posted 2021-09-29 7:55 PM (#781044 - in reply to #780821)

Tinordi is here for the same reason as Reaves. The Rangers need a defenseman like him against certain teams. It’s why Drury signed him. Hajek give me a break, the guy doesn’t even scare his sister, talk about your basic zero confrontational Euro. With Jones, Lunkvist, Schneider, Robertson and even Skinner who has acquitted himself quite well so far, Hajek is not even in the mix any more.. He’s out of here by the end of training camp, no trade sent to Hartford if he clears waivers.
itsmcilrathtime
Posted 2021-09-30 7:03 AM (#781045 - in reply to #781039)

Tinordi only has value in the minors waiting for a call up in case a goon is needed. That's it. In other words, if Reeves is hurt or can't play and they need a tough guy that is his ony value. Hajek and Reunanen are nothing alike. Hajek IMO is the best skater on our defense. He's also 6'2. Reunanen is listed at 6 but that's pushing it. There is a signicant size and speed difference between the two players. The Rangers have several young players ready for the NHL. If they can't make the squad they should give them an opportunity in another organization and get back some picks or a piece that the current team could use. It's really not fair to put players like Hajek, Barron, Richards, Gauthier, Hunt and Jones in the minors where I don't think they would learn anything at this point. Gorton was completely incompetent making that 4 or 5 for 1 deal with another team for a specific piece. So far Drury hasn't done it either.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2021 PD9 Software