OTG Forums
 OTG

Search | Statistics Forums | Calendars | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Line Dancing
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   OTG Forums -> First ImpressionsMessage format

robstones
Posted 2021-09-08 2:06 PM (#780840)
Subject: Line Dancing

Hey everyone! Who's excited for the first full 82 game season in 2 years!!!?!?!

Training camp is right around the corner, and so my favorite OTG pastime begins!

Line projecting!!!

If the season started tomorrow, here's what I'd like to see!

Forwards
Kreider Zibanejad Lafreniere
Panarin Strome Kravtsov
Chytil Goodrow Kakko
Barron Rooney Reaves

Blais

Defense
Lindgren Fox
Miller Trouba
Nemeth Lundkvist

Hajek/Tinordi

Goaltending
Shestyorkin
Gerorgiev

I'll of course be revisiting this as the season gets underway, and naturally others are encouraged to post their ideal combos....

Soon we'll see what Gallant does and we can compare and critique.

LET'S GO RANGERS!!!!!

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Fish
Posted 2021-09-08 3:32 PM (#780841 - in reply to #780840)
Subject: Re: Line Dancing

Publisher

It's similar in many ways to the way I projected things will go, though I still really don't have a good handle on what to do with Goodrow...he doesn't seem like a great fit with the Rangers as they are currently constructed, so that'll be an adventure of discovery.

As for what I'd LIKE to see tried, then I'd make a couple of tweaks:

Lafreniere-Zibanejad-Kakko
Panarin-Strome-Kravtsov
Kreider-Goodrow-Chytil - with Goodrow in the faceoff circle, but Chytil playing center positionally
Barron-Rooney-Reaves/Blais/Hunt or whomever

Lindgren-Fox
Miller-Trouba
Nemeth/Robertson/Jones-Lundkvist/Schneider/Jones

Shesterkin
Georgiev/Kinkaid

Do I think is a realistic line-up...not at all, but I would like to see it

I think there's a lot of risk having three of your top four scoring line wingers as unproven, so would be surprised if the started that route. I also have read plenty to suggest that Gallant has favorites (like any coach) and is particularly loyal to his players...and that's why I don't see them playing anyone over Reaves until he proves he's done.

While Nemeth could be replaced at some point, I don't see them going with a rookie over him to start with...so we won't see that. And finally while Lundkvist seems to be the frontrunner on the last right spot, it wouldn't upset me if he needs some time in Hartford and Schneider or Jones starts there to begin with.

As for Georgiev, I was hoping they might move on him...partly because of his salary, but partly also because I'm not sold as sold as the Rangers seem to be on him. Though with Shesterkin's recent history of injury, it doesn't hurt to have the extra depth.
itsmcilrathtime
Posted 2021-09-09 4:59 AM (#780842 - in reply to #780840)
Subject: RE: Line Dancing

You're on crack if you think Kravtsov or Barron will beat out Blais. All rumors is the organization loves and believes in Blais and there was a very good reason they brought him here. That being that you don't win with soft euro's like Kravtsov compared to a Blais. Kravtsov would never be playing on the second line over Kakko. Kakko was one of the teams best defensive forwards last year and if dumbass Quinn would have had him at RW on the first PP unit one timing it his offensive numbers would have been much better. I highly doubt Kravtsov, Richards or Barron will make the team. Goodrow, Blais, Hunt and Reeves were brought here for a specific reason. To make a soft, euro trash team tougher and more competitive for playoff hockey.
Steady Eddie
Posted 2021-09-09 9:31 AM (#780844 - in reply to #780842)

itsmcilrathtime - 2021-09-09 6:59 AM

You're on crack if you think Kravtsov or Barron will beat out Blais. All rumors is the organization loves and believes in Blais and there was a very good reason they brought him here. That being that you don't win with soft euro's like Kravtsov compared to a Blais. Kravtsov would never be playing on the second line over Kakko. Kakko was one of the teams best defensive forwards last year and if dumbass Quinn would have had him at RW on the first PP unit one timing it his offensive numbers would have been much better. I highly doubt Kravtsov, Richards or Barron will make the team. Goodrow, Blais, Hunt and Reeves were brought here for a specific reason. To make a soft, euro trash team tougher and more competitive for playoff hockey.

Not understanding the need to bash everyone here. The guy posted what he would like to see, not what he expected see, nor you with your infinitely superior knowledge of hockey expected to see. As to your opinion, there needs to be a balance between physical and skill players. Not only do we need Kravtsov's skill, we need to allow it to develop at this level, not in the A. I would hope to see him on a line with bangers, as it should open some ice for him. Hunt and McKegg were brought in for depth. Unless we have a lot of injuries, I doubt eiher one gets more than 20 games.
Steady Eddie
Posted 2021-09-09 9:35 AM (#780845 - in reply to #780841)

Fish - 2021-09-08 5:32 PM

Do I think is a realistic line-up...not at all, but I would like to see it

Thank you for clarifying for those who do not get it.
Fish
Posted 2021-09-09 10:17 AM (#780846 - in reply to #780844)

Publisher

Steady Eddie - 2021-09-09 10:31 AM

Not only do we need Kravtsov's skill, we need to allow it to develop at this level, not in the A. I would hope to see him on a line with bangers, as it should open some ice for him. Hunt and McKegg were brought in for depth. Unless we have a lot of injuries, I doubt eiher one gets more than 20 games.

It was interesting that Drury said today the reason Kravtsov wasn't invited to development camp, was because they felt he was more experienced. We'll see what happens, the Rangers have a lot of wings right now...but I do think that he's logically included in the team on opening night if they don't make a trade.
LaFrenger
Posted 2021-09-09 6:55 PM (#780849 - in reply to #780840)

Kravstov has the talent to be the number one RW. I think he’s going to come into camp with a ton of confidence gained last season. He now knows he can play in this league it’s just a matter of Gallant finding the right fit. He and Kakko are a dynamite 1-2 RW punch for a decade.

If
Lafreniere Zibanejad Kakko
Panarin Strome Kravstov
Kreider Chytil Goodrow

Works specifically LAfreniere, Kakko and Kravstov get it done offensively the Rangers are stacked. Then a fourth out of Barron, Blais, Reaves, Rooney and you can see Drury’s vision.
Fish
Posted 2021-09-15 2:35 PM (#780880 - in reply to #780840)

Publisher

1 week to training camp, 4 weeks to Rangers season opener....
Fish
Posted 2021-09-23 11:49 AM (#780940 - in reply to #780840)

Publisher

First set of lines they're looking at:

Which also happen to be the same ones that I projected in the training camp coverage. We'll see if they last, but pretty obvious first look.
Fish
Posted 2021-09-29 10:26 AM (#781032 - in reply to #780840)

Publisher

So after two preseason games...any thoughts of changes?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2021 PD9 Software