OTG Forums
 OTG

Search | Statistics Forums | Calendars | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Eklund: Rangers Will Win the Cup
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   OTG Forums -> First ImpressionsMessage format

Steady Eddie
Posted 2021-09-30 10:41 AM (#781049)
Subject: Eklund: Rangers Will Win the Cup

I haven't read anything from this clown in a long time, so please take it with a grain of salt. I'm only posting, because it's been a while since I've read anything this positive about my team.

Why the New York Rangers will win the Stanley Cup.

Every once in a while a team finds the right combination of veterans and youth that it takes to win the Championship. Sometimes they can sneak up on you how good a team is, and I believe this Rangers team is more perfectly positioned than any other team in the NHL this year to do this.

* Every Cup team needs some young prospects about to explode…
On the youth side, they have two players in Lafreniere and Kakko who were taken first and second in their draft years, but unfortunately have been brought into the COVID NHL. They didn’t put up the kinds of points they were expected to produce under coach Quinn, but they were so young and the last two seasons have truly lacked the sort of rhythm that generally helps a young star to adjust the NHL. But when you watch these kids you can tell they are about to explode onto the scene in a major way.

* Every Cup team needs a #1 D man.
This defense they are led by the Amazing Mr. Fox. Adam Fox was all he could have been last year and more than that. He is the best of foundations and is surrounded by a nice blend of experience and youth.

* Every Cup team needs a goalie who can steal games…
In goal, the Rangers have a true stud in Shesterkin…He is one of my personal favorites in goal, and I just love the style this kid plays. He is probably the best poke checker we have seen in the NHL since Marty Brodeur…

*Every Cup team needs a superstar
Artemi Panarin is all that. 58 points in 42 games last season…

*Every Cup team needs a solid core of top 6 veterans who are hungry.
Enter Zibinejad, Strome, and Kreider. I could see Kreider have a major bounce back year…Especially were he to be named Captain…

*Every Cup team needs heart and toughness….
and that was where the Rangers looked to falter at times…the least few seasons…enter Barclay Goodrow and Ryan Reaves…

*Every Cup Team needs a coach who can get the most out of his players…
enter Gerald Gallant. He loves to let his players fly and this group is dying for that opportunity…

This team is ready to take a huge leap…they have it all..
That is why I am confident the NY Rangers will win the Stanley Cup

https://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklund/Why-the-New-York-Rangers-will...

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Fish
Posted 2021-09-30 10:51 AM (#781051 - in reply to #781049)
Subject: Re: Eklund: Rangers Will Win the Cup

Publisher

Eklund surfaced in the 2004-05 lockout season. He used to be on a chat service that is now long gone, that I happened to be on as well. At one time he said he was up in Toronto for some sort of semi-official meeting of the league and I told him I was up there too and that I was waving to him. He said he saw me waving...the guy never had any credibility then, and doesn't now...but he did tap into what people want to hear, and that's what he's made his career on.

He just throws stuff out there that people want to believe is true and people click on it as a result. Can't fault him for finding a way to generate clicks, but I suspect a magic eight ball would be more accurate than him.
itsmcilrathtime
Posted 2021-09-30 4:07 PM (#781057 - in reply to #781049)
Subject: RE: Eklund: Rangers Will Win the Cup

Well I guess we will pretty much will suck because that asshole is an idiot
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2021 PD9 Software