OTG Forums
 OTG

Search | Statistics Forums | Calendars | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Game 2: Rangers v Stars 10/14/2021 - 7:00pm MSG
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2 3 4 5
Now viewing page 5 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   OTG Forums -> First ImpressionsMessage format

x10003q
Posted 2021-10-15 11:44 AM (#781575 - in reply to #781572)
Subject: RE: Game 2: Rangers v Stars 10/14/2021 - 7:00pm MSG

itsmcilrathtime - 2021-10-15 12:12 PM

Lafreniere plays a north-south playoff type of game. Zibanejad doesn't. I don't think he will ever mesh with him. I'd rather see something like this. I'm not impressed this season by Rooney. Watching Blais and Reeves take the body, they make Rooney look soft and useless.

Panarin-Zibanejad-Kakko
Lafreniere-Chytil-Strome
Kreider-Goodrow-Blais
Reeves-Barron-Gauthier

2 games in and you are not impressed by Rooney in his whole 26 minutes? What are you watching? He wins most of his faceoffs, he has to cover for the slowest wing alive - Reaves - who has trouble getting back on D and you mention Blais, who is hurt already and not on the ice last game. This is the pattern for Blais - sells out and then gets hurt.
Rooney has a decent 4th line track record and never gives up on a play. Reaves should sit before Rooney and Blais will be hurt. They need to bring Barron back.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Fish
Posted 2021-10-15 1:11 PM (#781578 - in reply to #781472)
Subject: Re: Game 2: Rangers v Stars 10/14/2021 - 7:00pm MSG

Publisher

Yeah, I don't think the fourth line is intimidating anyone yet, but we'll see what happens as the season goes on. They don't have the speed of the Isles or Caps fourth lines, so they're not much a threat on the forecheck, which is really how those teams benefit from the fourth...and they're not strong enough defensively to put out against any lines.

Reaves is slow for sure, Rooney I'm okay with...would like him a bit harder on the puck carrier, but you need three guys to execute that, and the Rangers have 1.5. Hunt is not as good in his own zone as he is when he's in the offensive zone, and I'd say the same for Blais. I don't mind either player, but you need more defensive ability to compete with those other teams. Perhaps Goodrow-Rooney-Blais would work out as a line at some point, but I don't see them giving up on Goodrow as a third liner for a while yet, and I don't see Gallant giving up on Reaves any time soon.
LaFrenger
Posted 2021-10-15 2:27 PM (#781580 - in reply to #781472)
Subject: Re: Game 2: Rangers v Stars 10/14/2021 - 7:00pm MSG

Reaves is classic Rangers acquiring a guy past his due date. From what I’ve seen he doesn’t last the year and likely by a buyout. Geertsen probably would have been fine in his role and instead we get to watch him with Jersey for the year. Remains to be seen if he grasps a firm spot in the NHL but he’s getting his chance now. You only need one of Tinordi and Reaves especially with Blais and Goodrow and the Reaves replacement who should be Barron.

Jump to page : 1 2 3 4 5
Now viewing page 5 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2021 PD9 Software