OTG Forums
 OTG

Search | Statistics Forums | Calendars | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Game 36: Rangers @ Anaheim 1/8/22 - 10pm, MSG2
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2 3 4 5
Now viewing page 5 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   OTG Forums -> First ImpressionsMessage format

itsmcilrathtime
Posted 2022-01-10 5:42 AM (#785295 - in reply to #785194)
Subject: RE: Game 36: Rangers @ Anaheim 1/8/22 - 10pm, MSG2

Kravtsov, Lias, Chytil, Henriksson, all reasons Gorton got fired. His last draft was not his draft. That draft was all JD. You could see the difference. JD knows what the hell he is doing. That draft is going to produce big for us. Last draft looks good as well. Not as good as JD's draft but Othmann looks fantastic and Korczak seems to be shaping up to be a steal. Grubbe has disappointed. Gorton had some moments drafting. Not many. For the most part, he was incompetent.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
LaFrenger
Posted 2022-01-10 7:39 AM (#785296 - in reply to #785294)
Subject: RE: Game 36: Rangers @ Anaheim 1/8/22 - 10pm, MSG2

itsmcilrathtime - 2022-01-10 4:36 AM Agree. Chytil is useless but because of his age, he might be an interesting piece in a trade package. Teams always think they can salvage young players with talent. Chytil has gotten more than a fair chance here. All you have to do is look at games like Toronto to see this team get asswhipped on draws. It's a huge problem and Barron seems to be a faceoff stud. Honestly, I'd let him take draws on the PK, then go off after they control the puck. If you got a guy that can win 60+% of his draws, and can also play a good around game, it's a huge weapon. Gallant for some reason with all the other stuff he's done right has a stick up his ass with Barron. I mean playing Hunt and McKegg over a guy with his size, game and faceoff ability. It's just fucking stupid. He's played 41 AHL games, he's got 18 g, 15 A and is a +7. He's done everything to be on this team and it's about time Gallant either realizes he should be on the team or is ordered to put him on the team.

Again because you are a tad slow, Barron will be here when the Rangers make room. Calling him a faceoff stud is so stupid. And Chytyl will likely be the guy going. A suitable trade has probably been a ongoing discussion since November and will conclude when Drury makes his best trade to bring in help for the playoffs. I know its hard but try to remember they are battling for first place overall.   

LaFrenger
Posted 2022-01-10 10:47 AM (#785297 - in reply to #785291)
Subject: Re: Game 36: Rangers @ Anaheim 1/8/22 - 10pm, MSG2

Pierre_Pdare - 2022-01-09 5:34 PM I'm pretty sure Gallant knows that his team is not where it needs to be on faceofrs.. I think Zib has been doing better but it looks like Barron may be the best faceoff guy he has available... I think I would keep Zib on PP O zone faceoffs, but would be curious to see if Barron could do D zone PK faceoffs and if he could be stable on the PK... These might be tweaks that could help. I have no use for Chytil personally.

Drury has a couple major decisions to make most likely replacing Chytyl and beefing up the third pair on defense. The Rangers are in the mix, a couple of astute moves and they could be right there. Personally I'd love to see Barron on the fourth line but as I've mentioned its a matter of getting him up here and dealing off whoever he is replacing. I think the coaching staff wants to see some more of him, before they annoint him the faceoff fix, no matter what McCrackhead says. I would think Drury would be more focused on a guy like Giroux as a short term fix and a major major all round addition including faceoff's, for the playoffs.  

Jump to page : 1 2 3 4 5
Now viewing page 5 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2022 PD9 Software