OTG Forums
 OTG

Search | Statistics Forums | Calendars | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Game 39: Rangers @ Philadelphia 1/15/22 - 7pm, MSG+
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 3 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   OTG Forums -> First ImpressionsMessage format

LaFrenger
Posted 2022-01-15 7:21 PM (#785499 - in reply to #785448)
Subject: Re: Game 39: Rangers @ Philadelphia 1/15/22 - 7pm, MSG+

Not one of their A games but got the two that’s what is important.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Fish
Posted 2022-01-15 7:24 PM (#785500 - in reply to #785448)

Publisher

Goals to Zibanejad and Kreider, as well as two assists apiece for Panarin and Fox...big guys getting it done
Fish
Posted 2022-01-15 7:30 PM (#785501 - in reply to #785448)

Publisher

25 wins after 39 games...didn't think it would be possible
LaFrenger
Posted 2022-01-15 9:50 PM (#785502 - in reply to #785501)

Fish - 2022-01-15 6:30 PM 25 wins after 39 games...didn't think it would be possible

One would have to call it a suprise especially without Buchnevich's production being replaced. Should be even better now with Schneider replacing Lunkvist who didn't have a lot of impact on games mostly barely holding his own defensively.
If Chytil can take something out of his game tonight and realize just how Jagrish he could be, then the Rangers would have that missing top six forward. If one of Chytil, Kakko or Lafreniere could make that step to dependable point producer, again the Rangers would be better. 
I think Drury trades for a Giroux type who checks the boxes that Giroux does, faceoff stud, can play center or wing, would be a quarterback on a second powerplay unit, and could make a third line into a dangerous unit. Definitely the guy to target if available. 

Steady Eddie
Posted 2022-01-16 5:30 AM (#785503 - in reply to #785502)

LaFrenger - 2022-01-15 11:50 PM

Fish - 2022-01-15 6:30 PM 25 wins after 39 games...didn't think it would be possible

One would have to call it a suprise especially without Buchnevich's production being replaced. Should be even better now with Schneider replacing Lunkvist who didn't have a lot of impact on games mostly barely holding his own defensively.
If Chytil can take something out of his game tonight and realize just how Jagrish he could be, then the Rangers would have that missing top six forward. If one of Chytil, Kakko or Lafreniere could make that step to dependable point producer, again the Rangers would be better. 
I think Drury trades for a Giroux type who checks the boxes that Giroux does, faceoff stud, can play center or wing, would be a quarterback on a second powerplay unit, and could make a third line into a dangerous unit. Definitely the guy to target if available. 

Flyers will probably want a 1st and a prospect. IDK if I give that up for a guy who becomes our 3C rental.
Pierre_Pdare
Posted 2022-01-16 6:19 AM (#785504 - in reply to #785448)

Best things about the schedule is I think the west coast trips are done and we have more home games than road games for the rest of the season.
itsmcilrathtime
Posted 2022-01-16 6:20 AM (#785505 - in reply to #785448)
Subject: RE: Game 39: Rangers @ Philadelphia 1/15/22 - 7pm, MSG+

Zero interest in Giroux and I sure as heck wouldn't give up any picks for him or anybody else that they will try to get to be a 3rd center. The Rangers don't need to give up picks. They have players like Jones, Lundkvist, Hajek, Kravtsov, Georgiev, Hunt, Pajuniemi to deal. Giroux is also old and slow. Not a player I want with Lafreniere. I'm staying on Gourde. I would think you could probably get him for Lundkvist straight up but I would want them to take Hunt and McKegg in the deal as well. We don't need those guys giving Gallant low talent toys to play with. If it took adding a Vierling or Pajuniemi so be it. Gourde would be perfect for our third line. Vancouver is starting to stink again. Miller is slumping a bit. He might be on the market again. It's going to probably cost you Lundkvist and Kravtsov. Again, I make them take at least Hunt. Vancouver needs to start over and tank for a few seasons. They have no chance of doing anything with the way that team is constructed.
LaFrenger
Posted 2022-01-16 7:30 AM (#785506 - in reply to #785503)

Steady Eddie - 2022-01-16 4:30 AM
LaFrenger - 2022-01-15 11:50 PM

Flyers will probably want a 1st and a prospect. IDK if I give that up for a guy who becomes our 3C rental.

Depends on who and what for of course.  I dont think a pick would even be neccessary when they can dangle a Kravstov and Jones to start.  Assets that will never play in New York. You have to give up something for him. He's also not pigeonholed into just a 3c spot. More likely a top six winger that takes the big draws. Could also play the 3C in a matchup situation to give the Rangers three lines. The 'old and slow' reference is just stupid. Also Gourde couldnt carry Giroux's skates, and his contract is way to steep for the Rangers budget, considering the players they have to pony up for going forward.  Giroux has lots of game left for a playoff run, which is the only reason they get him. He's also smart enough to realize with him here they have a shot. He will be motivated. Also underated, he would be a huge addition.. Chuck Fletcher is one of the worst G.M.'s in hockey, Drury should get a bargain. .  

Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 3 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2022 PD9 Software