OTG Forums
 OTG

Search | Statistics Forums | Calendars | Skins | Language
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What to do at Center
Moderators: Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   OTG Forums -> First ImpressionsMessage format

Fish
Posted 2022-06-21 11:42 AM (#793315)
Subject: What to do at Center

Publisher

It's the biggest question (aside from what to do at right wing), so what do the Rangers do?

Strome wants to come back, but reportedly turned down $5.5M a year....though perhaps he's revisiting that now
Copp seemingly is open to come back, but also sounds like he might be willing to go the free agent market, and was reportedly looking for $5M a year
Chytil had a bit of an emergence in the playoffs, but is still yet to perform in the regular season

Free agent market for guys making less than $5M seems pretty small, maybe guys like Vincent Trocheck (CAR), Nick Paul (TBL) or perhaps Paul Stasny (WPG) fit into that range, and it's questionable whether Paul is really good enough to play 2nd line center, while Trocheck may end up costing more.

If the Rangers were to forego Copp and Strome they would provide themselves a little more flexibility in the next two seasons where the Cap projects to be really challenging, but also obviously weakens that second line.

I'm not sure there's really any good choices here...
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Pierre_Pdare
Posted 2022-06-26 3:30 PM (#793320 - in reply to #793315)
Subject: Re: What to do at Center

Need to find complimentary players that can play with Panarin. That ain't Strome.

I would move Chytil and Laff to play with Panarin

I would put Vatrano with the Zib/Kreider line.

Blais Copp mott 3rd line

Reaves, Rooney & spare part 4th line.

Trade Kakko...Sign and trade georgiev...

If you are not going to put talent around Panarin you might as well ask him if he wants to be traded... Strome is gone unless he wants to play for $2.5m here. Still lacking a solid faceoff center and don't know how to fix that... Maybe Chytil can get coached up to be better but he will never be great at faceoffs. Winning faceoffs can actually help the lack of 5 on 5 production by not having to burn a shift trying to get the puck back.

All said I like the core of this team they just need to get a little grittier.

Rangers must learn to use the Tampa bay "system" for putting high priced players on I/R to alleviate cap space.

itsmcilrathtime
Posted 2022-06-27 5:57 AM (#793321 - in reply to #793315)
Subject: RE: What to do at Center

Trading Kakko is moronic. Just play the kid 18 minutes a night and give him first PP time instead of a bunch of vets. Copp at 5 million is fine as long as they don't do what they usually do and give ou those moronic NTC and NMC's. McLeod is a center I would be targeting. He has size, speed and offensive upside. I'm sure Edmonton would like to keep him but they need a goalie and more defenseman. Plus another puck moving defenseman. Keith is ancient and they need a righty replacement eventually. Smith is ancient in goal and they need a long term, replacement.

Lundkvist, Georgiev and make them take Nemeth for McLeod, Smith and a 2023 second rounder. I think it's important considering their lack of picks in this years draft to stock pile some picks next year in what should be a stronger draft. Smith evens out the money a little and gives us a backup for one year. I don't see how Edmonton can turn that down. I see McLeod flourishing here with the way the team is constructed. He has the ability to be a plus faceoff and PK guy for a long time. He should develop into a 40-50 point center with enough help on his line.
Steady Eddie
Posted 2022-06-27 2:44 PM (#793325 - in reply to #793315)
Subject: Re: What to do at Center

Why would anyone in their right mind make this trade? Take Nemeth too? Like us, Edmonton is trying to improve, not get worse.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)
Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2022 PD9 Software